15 May 2015
A modified version of our XVHM 55 internal single-turn ring was used to retain the assembly of components in this plastic air vent application.Since it was important to provide 360° support of the felt and rubber sealing components, the ring ends were specially designed to provide a minimum gap when the ring was located tightly in the plastic housing groove. As the groove was particularly shallow, it was also necessary to produce the ring from square-edged, 302 stainless steel material rather than the standard round-edge form.
For more information please contact our engineering team on 01435 866011
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 11/05/2017 - Fast Exhibition - May 2017
- 11/05/2017 - Automechanika 2017
- 20/04/2017 - TFC opens new Basingstoke Branch
- 22/03/2017 - Titanium products for lightweight and compact applications
- 22/03/2017 - RISQS helps to take the RISKS out of Supplier Choice
- 28/02/2017 - The Smallest Wave Springs on the Market
- 28/02/2017 - What's the difference between internal and external Spirolox retaining rings?
- 30/01/2017 - Did you know that TFC supply bearings?
- 30/01/2017 - TFC Approved Supplier Status with Pall Aerospace
- 23/01/2017 - TML and TFC – A New Partnership for 2017
- 06/12/2016 - ring and spring design questions.
- 19/10/2016 - Engineering Design Show
- 19/10/2016 - Spirolox® Retaining Ring groove geometry
- 29/09/2016 - Wave Spring Q&A
- 20/09/2016 - Kitting
- 30/08/2016 - TFC Ltd – come and see us at the FAST exhibition - 22nd September, Williams Conference Centre, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- 25/07/2016 - Working in Tandem for a Successful Product Development
- 25/07/2016 - TFC Joins BIAFD
- 11/07/2016 - TFC flys the flag at Farnborough
- 02/06/2016 - Ask the Expert - Wave Spring Design
- 23/05/2016 - A Quality First at TFC!
- 24/03/2016 - Smalley goes…Smaller!
- 08/03/2016 - Smalley Spirolox® Retaining Rings
- 08/03/2016 - TFC to exhibit at Fast Exhibition 21st April
- 02/12/2015 - Single resource to address ring and spring issues
- 29/06/2015 - Manufacturing & Engineering North East - Stand E12, Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
- 27/05/2015 - TFC acquire formal Aerospace Quality Approval
- 30/04/2015 - TFC to exhibit at The Engineer Design & Innovation Show
- 27/03/2015 - Bearing Pre-Load
- 07/02/2012 - How can TFC help improve your business?
- 23/01/2012 - The new TFC Group is ready for 2012
- 23/12/2011 - TFC glues together innovation, progression and industry
- 13/10/2011 - Specialised Fastener Products Ltd joins TFC Group
- 09/09/2011 - Seal and protect with TFC’s Laminar Rings
- 05/08/2011 - Training for confidence with TFC
- 30/06/2011 - Small space? Save up to 50% with a Crest to Crest Wave Spring from TFC