Temporary building helps meet record demand for Scotch whisky
09 November 2015
TEMPORARY building specialists Spaciotempo are playing a key role in the multi-million pound development of a new whisky distillery in Scotland.Macallan is developing a new production facility at its headquarters in Northern Scotland after seeing booming demand for single malt Scotch reach record levels both at home and overseas.
The multi-million pound project meant fabricators Forsyths, who are constructing and supplying bespoke apparatus for the state-of-the-art plant, had to find bigger premises nearby - and they turned to Spaciotempo for the answer.
The company was one of very few able to provide a temporary building tall enough to meet requirements and the facility was installed on site in Speyside within days.
Duncan Nicoll, site supervisor for the project at Forsyths, who supply a range of specialised equipment for the beverage industry, said: “The new distillation plant will need bigger and better equipment and our job is to supply that operation.
“We needed a building tall enough to carry out the blasting of stainless steel vessels, which are five-and-a-half metres in diameter, and we wanted it to be sited as close as possible to the plant.
“We needed a cost-effective building that was also quick to install and Spaciotempo came up with the ideal solution.
“They were one of only two companies of their kind able to meet our precise brief, while the quality and robust nature of their building made them stand out. “The facility was installed in a seamless operation which took just four days and everything I’ve seen since has confirmed that we made the right choice of supplier.”
Natalie Balfour, Spaciotempo’s Area Sales Manager based in Scotland, said: “Forsyths’ requirement was unusual in that they wanted an eave height of eight metres including a huge roller-shutter door.
“But as we design and manufacture all our own buildings, we can meet all types of bespoke requests so it wasn’t a problem and we were able to provide exactly what they needed.”
A spokesman for Macallan said the decision to build a new plant, expected to open in 2017, was led by record market levels.
He added: “Production was increased by around 30 per cent only five years ago, but now we’re having to build a new distillery to keep pace with the growth of the brand.
“We’re seeing record demand both at home and abroad, particularly in Asia and America along with Far Eastern countries such as China, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam and Korea.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/06/2020 - Spaciotempo help drive innovation and efficiency for Farrell Transport
- 08/07/2019 - Textile company’s turnover doubles thanks to temporary warehouse
- 08/07/2019 - Specialist trainer creates simulated warehouse in Spaciotempo structure
- 08/07/2019 - Spaciotempo goes the extra mile to create luxury car dealership
- 08/07/2019 - Spaciotempo provides a robust response to growth
- 08/07/2019 - Move to temporary home goes swimmingly for thousands of fish
- 08/07/2019 - Spaciotempo is to play a crucial part in Keyline’s business plan
- 04/07/2019 - Leading logistics company expands with Spaciotempo structure
- 04/07/2019 - ICM Ltd extends workshop with a Spaciotempo retractable tunnel
- 04/07/2019 - Flexible structure delivers Oakland International supply chain opportunity
- 03/07/2019 - Temporary warehouses provide a port in the storm of Brexit
- 03/07/2019 - New Divisional Director takes the helm at Spaciotempo
- 03/07/2019 - Family-run boatyard turns to Spaciotempo for its third tunnel
- 03/07/2019 - Spaciotempo puts fitness first as membership soars at new gym
- 03/07/2019 - Natalie is set to fly the flag for Women in Construction
- 02/07/2019 - Training provider boosts business continuity with temporary building
- 02/07/2019 - Spaciotempo helps Haskins Garden Centre to grow
- 02/07/2019 - Spaciotempo helps Keyline to lay a firm foundation
- 02/07/2019 - Successful Scania dealership expands with Spaciotempo workshop
- 02/07/2019 - Spaciotempo’s storage solution proves popular with thriving bathroom firm
- 28/06/2019 - Christmas has come early for staff at The Range
- 28/06/2019 - Canopy ensures products are not compromised
- 28/06/2019 - Bespoke canopy shelters employees from the winter weather
- 28/06/2019 - Iconic British brewery uses players’ tunnel to promote its brand
- 28/06/2019 - Dorking Wanderers FC kicks off the season in style thanks to eye-catching tunnel
- 28/06/2019 - Spaciotempo helps Strikes re-launch just in time for summer holidays
- 26/07/2017 - Semi-permanent building provides long-term storage solution for Irish international food group
- 17/08/2016 - Temporary building specialist ‘raises the roof’ with new product launch
- 21/07/2016 - ‘Pompeii of the Fens’ set to change excavation projects forever
- 08/06/2016 - Temporary structures key to “Celtic Phoenix” as industrial property prices surge
- 08/06/2016 - UK manufacturer invests in growing space following export surge
- 08/06/2016 - Temporary building specialist goes green with new standard
- 08/06/2016 - Greenvale ramps up storage to meet Christmas potato rush
- 29/10/2015 - Spaciotempo solution key in bid for Bronze-Age time capsule
- 19/08/2015 - Innovative buildings help quench Britain’s changing drinking habits
- 19/08/2015 - Temporary sports complex wins top marks
- 19/08/2015 - Spaciotempo has solution for Ferrari experts
- 19/08/2015 - New jobs part of ambitious growth plan for Spaciotempo
- 16/04/2015 - Experts provide import solution at major port
- 08/04/2015 - New guide shows innovative buildings are cost-effective solution for education sector
- 16/03/2015 - New jobs part of ambitious growth plan
- 13/02/2015 - ISO Quality standard shows commitment to customers at Spaciotempo
- 13/02/2015 - Temporary pool complex making waves north of border
- 13/02/2015 - Logistics managers are being urged to consider a temporary solution to meet a growing shortage of quality warehousing space.
- 13/02/2015 - Spaciotempo steps up operations in Ireland
- 12/02/2015 - University challenge can win top marks in £40m makeover
- 02/07/2013 - Temporary car showroom impresses staff and customers at VW Letchworth
- 17/05/2013 - Cooper BMW Sunderland’s temporary showroom shines during major works
- 16/05/2013 - Spaciotempo’s temporary space helps Nissan’s LEAF to roll off the production line
- 16/05/2013 - Money and customer demands are named as the biggest challenges for the materials handling industry
- 10/10/2011 - Spaciotempo provides temporary retail space during renovation
- 10/10/2011 - Landrover opts for Unloading Protection
- 10/10/2011 - Fleetwood Town Players Tunnel
- 01/06/2011 - Spaciotempo meets space needs of Stadco
- 01/06/2011 - Flexible Spaciotempo building earns contract extension at Fujitsu
- 01/06/2011 - Decontamination tunnel for North Staffs Hospital
- 25/01/2010 - Temporary digs solution for Webbs
- 22/01/2010 - Adaptability for Dril-quip wins praise for Spaciotempo
- 22/10/2008 - A “Temporary” Solution To The Economic Crisis
- 03/10/2008 - Case Study Of the 'Spaciotempo'