Timber procurement policies – do you know yours?
26 November 2015
Wardray Premise believes that most people have a concern for the protection of the environment. But thoughts of sustainability can sometimes be non-existent, an afterthought or perceived as being too expensive when it comes to our working lives.The UK government has had a timber procurement policy in place for many years. Since April 2009 Central Government Departments and their agencies are required to procure timber and wood derived products from:
• Legal and sustainable sources; or
• Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) licenced or equivalent sources; or
• Recycled timber products.
This requirement applies to all timber and wood derived products such as paper, furniture, and construction timber including temporary site works and materials supplied by contractors.
Wardray Premise help their customers achieve those greener credentials by supplying much of their timber and timber based products from sustainable forests, under their Chain of Custody (CoC) system. This means that customers are confident that timber in a Wardray product comes from a well-managed forest. Wardray’s CoC allows traceability of timbers supplied under certified schemes.
Wardary’s CoC systems are audited annually by BM Trada to ensure their compliance and use of materials certified under the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) schemes.
Contact Wardray’s estimating team to talk about lead shielded doors, windows, screens or any of Wardray's structural products and solutions. Ask for a quotation for a product made with sustainable timber and you’ll be pleasantly surprised as it’s often the same price as a non-certified product.
The UK is the world’s fourth biggest importer of timber products, so what we do really does have a global impact. Next time you order a product you can check your suppliers FSC credentials at http://info.fsc.org/certificate.php
Full details of Wardray’s products and services are available at www.wardray-premise.com or tel: 020 8398 9911; and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 02/07/2020 - Wardray Premise Ltd is a UK manufacturer, trading for more than 100 years in medical and industrial sectors.
- 19/11/2019 - New adjustable height CUBE trolley.
- 22/08/2019 - Improving patients’ comfort
- 22/08/2019 - Improving products and holding prices
- 18/09/2018 - PR Acoustic Performance
- 16/07/2018 - Launch of new TetraGraph Neuromuscular Monitoring System
- 16/07/2018 - Delightful product endorsement
- 23/02/2018 - Launch of new TetraGraph Neuromuscular Monitoring System
- 04/12/2017 - Replacing old trolleys for new!
- 04/12/2017 - Delightful product endorsement
- 13/10/2016 - The Shard
- 13/10/2016 - Three Counties Equine Hospital MRI Facility
- 13/10/2016 - Wardray Premise Ltd are delighted to be appointed as a distributor of the new IV-eye® vein imager.
- 13/10/2016 - Creating a positive healing environment at the Royal Oldham
- 13/04/2016 - The burning issue of fire doors
- 11/02/2016 - During 2015 Wardray Premise Ltd manufactured and installed 15 RF cages for MRI facilities in the UK.
- 17/07/2015 - Wardray Premise Ltd now offer switchable / privacy glass in their products.
- 17/07/2015 - Even more images to choose from
- 07/05/2015 - Wardray Premise offers a wide range of products for use in Imaging Departments.
- 09/03/2015 - During 2014 Wardray Premise Ltd manufactured 23 RF cages.
- 08/10/2014 - TOF watch monitor
- 08/10/2014 - M3 patient monitor
- 28/07/2014 - Wardray Screens
- 28/07/2014 - Energy efficient lightboxes & relaxing images
- 28/07/2014 - X-Ray Protective Clothing