MiniTec UK launches new GFK90 flexible link chain conveyor system
19 January 2009
New flexible link chain conveyor system is fully compatible with full range of MiniTec machine framing and building components
MiniTec UK Ltd has launched a new flexible link chain conveyor system aimed at processing and materials handling applications in the food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries. The GFK90 is fully compatible with the MiniTec Profile System machine framing range allowing complete conveying and product handling solutions to be designed and built using components from one supplier - saving time and reducing costs.
The GFK90 conveyor is based upon 82.5 mm wide chain segments that are interlinked with a minimal gap that allows very small components tobe transported but provides maximum curvature flexibility for bends, radii and vertically elevated sections; a 500 mm horizontal radius capability provides maximum space saving.
Components or materials to be transported can be matched to a choice of plastic or stainless steel conveyor segment material for maximum durability. Plastic segments are suited to ambient temperatures from -20 ºC to +60 ºC; the stainless steel option suits +120 ºC.
To adapt to the customers conveying requirements, the GFK90’s chain segments may be customised to suit handling requirements: Flat-form plastic or stainless steel chain
segments may include machined features to assist transport of components; integral rollers can be added to provide sliding friction to counter product accumulation; rubber or other materials may be added to aid friction for uphill or downhill sections.
Depending on the components conveyed, the conveyor path, and the type of chain material selected, speeds of up to 50 m/min are possible. Conveyor loading, also material dependant is up to 2000 N.
The GFK90 conveyor system is based upon MiniTec’s 45 mm profile with two vertically oriented T-slots that accept standard interlocking fixtures and fittings from the Profile System machine building range. The upper slot is typically used to locate sensors, side rails, panels and guards. The lower slot is used for mounting brackets,motors and machine frame substructures. All connection bolts supplied are made of corrosion resistant stainless steel and a wide choice of conveyor drives are available including inverters for variable speed conveying.
As with all MiniTec products, comprehensive CAD data and design software is available to help visualise and select system elements; MiniTec UK can also provide a design
service with on-site assembly and commissioning if required.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 26/05/2016 - The Flexible Aluminium Profile System For A Range of Applications
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec helps the Aviva Rugby Championship winning streak
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec purpose built trolleys help a turbo shaft manufacturer improve operational efficiency
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec – manufacturer of profiling systems celebrates 30 year anniversary in 2016
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec UK Ltd – combines UK expertise with original German engineering to achieve global reach - truly the art of simplicity
- 17/05/2016 - Design your own aluminium profile application with iCAD online – the art of simplicity
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec build a bespoke test room for Magnetic Shields Ltd
- 05/11/2015 - MiniTec designs and supplies display cabinets for National Physical Laboratory ‘Super Sight’ stand
- 19/10/2015 - Another machine framing hole in one!
- 14/09/2015 - Engineering Design Show
- 08/07/2015 - From simple frames to automated factory: MiniTec’s new Profile System catalogue is a must-have resource for machinery and equipment design
- 19/06/2015 - MiniTec launches new mini-sized framing profile and matching component range - for smaller machines and structures
- 11/05/2015 - MiniTec supplies flexible manufacturing cell with Kanban storage for The Proving Factory
- 12/02/2015 - Machine framing products with global sales & support: MiniTec’s profile system helps Zen realise putting perfection for golfers
- 07/01/2015 - MiniTec UK Increases range of equipment for Autosport 2015
- 30/09/2014 - MiniTec to exhibit at Engineering Design Show
- 05/09/2014 - MiniTec UK - Engineering Design Show preview
- 10/07/2014 - Part-system build service for OEMs: MiniTec’s full service (supply chain management) capability benefits Cobalt Light Systems
- 10/01/2014 - MiniTec workstations help provide quality and consistency for aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul provider MAEL
- 21/11/2013 - Show preview: MiniTec UK Ltd, Stand Number 8244
- 17/10/2013 - MiniTec launches new KanTainer – a storage system for kanban production
- 23/08/2013 - MiniTec’s new adapters combine perfectly for multi-axis linear positioning systems
- 14/06/2013 - MiniTec keeps motorsports spick and span
- 27/09/2012 - MiniTec's new UMS pallet circulation conveyor suits a wide range of applications in materials handling
- 11/09/2012 - MiniTec to exhibit at Engineering Design Show
- 04/09/2012 - MiniTec launches spiral conveyor for high-throughput materials handling
- 09/07/2012 - MiniTec launch new LMS Linearmodul actuators for complete automation flexibility
- 21/06/2012 - MiniTec introduces a new range of components for noise reduction screens and acoustic enclosures
- 17/01/2012 - IPSOL's solar panel centre of excellence uses MiniTec Profile System
- 02/08/2010 - MiniTec UK helps bring a smile for PictureBlast party photo booth service
- 14/04/2010 - MiniTec launch Office Cube profile system
- 17/02/2010 - MiniTec News brochure proves that excellence is in the detail
- 17/02/2010 - MiniTec UK lanch two Profi-Team catalogues featuring conveyor systems for assembly and inspection lines
- 29/01/2010 - Workplace System catalogue from MiniTec covers all bases
- 27/01/2010 - MiniTec success at MB&A
- 26/01/2010 - New conveyor catalogue from MiniTec includes expanded range
- 25/01/2010 - MiniTec compiles reference guide on machine framing system design and applications
- 25/11/2009 - Fast turnaround for Conveyor Systems from MiniTec
- 11/11/2009 - MiniTecs' 2009 brochure shows that excellence is in the detail for machine framing systems
- 06/11/2009 - New MiniTec Profi-Team catalogues provide overview of modular conveyor systems for manufacturing, assembly and inspection lines
- 09/10/2007 - New stainless steel profile provides durable machine framing system