Complete escape soluton for Leeds City Museum
22 January 2009
Evac+Chair International has just provided a stairway evacuation chair package for the newly opened Leeds City Museum.
Centrally located in the historic Leeds Institute Building on Millennium Square, the brand new museum is a major city attraction with an 800 visitor capacity. Built over three floors, it was essential for the museum to provide a safe and quick means of escape for mobility impaired visitors and staff in the event of an emergency.
The historic building layout posed a challenge requiring a solution that had to allow for emergency stair ascent and descent. Evac+Chair carried out a free on-site emergency escape assessment and were able to put forward a package of three different products to cover the requirements.
For emergency descent, two standard Evac+Chair 300H models were supplied as well as an Evac+Chair 600H which comes with two extra front handles for locations in the Museum with difficult access.
The Evac+Chair is a simple cost effective device that can be employed in the event of an emergency when lifts cannot be used. The lightweight unit allows one person to transport another downstairs or on the flat quickly and safely with only a minimum amount of training required and very little physical strength.
An IBEX Transeat was also supplied for the museum’s conference suite and gallery on the ground floor, where the need is to ascend a flight of stairs. It grips the stairs and controls the rate of descent with an adjustable braking system and will ascend a stair with the application of minimal force by two operators. It can also accommodate staircases designed with a 45-degree angle of descent, quarter landings, carpeted stairs and obstacles such as doorframes and storm guards.
Leeds City Museum also received certified training from Evac+Chair on all models and is also making use of the company’s nationwide inspection and maintenance service to ensure that it continues to remain compliant with the DDA and the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 07/10/2020 - Evac+Chair launches new range
- 21/09/2020 - Building safety bill makes all accountable
- 03/06/2020 - New site for Birmingham-based manufacturer, Evac+Chair International
- 17/03/2020 - Increasing workplace diversity and its influence on evacuation planning
- 20/09/2018 - The Changing Nature of Risk Whitepaper
- 18/12/2015 - Last Call for Christmas Evacuation Chair Rentals
- 27/11/2015 - Reserve Your Evacuation Chair for Rent over the Christmas Period Now
- 29/10/2015 - Evacuation Chair for Corporate Events
- 19/08/2015 - Evac+Chair International to exhibit at the Hotel Show in Dubai
- 14/07/2015 - The evacuation chair especially for wheelchair users
- 06/05/2015 - Evac+Chair International wins award at 2015 The Health & Safety Event
- 06/05/2015 - Evac+Chair International and Sigma Fire & Security on show in Dubai
- 06/10/2014 - Evac+Chair wins award for best new exhibitor stand at Safety in Action Sydney, Australia.
- 11/08/2014 - Birmingham receives its second public access defibrillator thanks to Evac+Chair International Ltd and St John Ambulance
- 27/06/2014 - Evac+Chair International announce new division – Sigma Fire & Security
- 29/05/2014 - Evac+Chair International donate a heart-warming gift to a Community Centre in Middlewich
- 22/05/2014 - Fire Stations in Shanghai train to use the Evac+Chair
- 02/05/2014 - Evac+Chair donate a heart-warming gift to St John Ambulance
- 10/02/2014 - Evac+Chair donate a life saving device to a charity
- 11/10/2012 - William Harvey Hospital plays it safe with ParAid Medical
- 09/10/2012 - Wales Air Ambulance suited in style with ParAid Medical
- 05/09/2012 - Disabled Workers could be left stranded in emergencies, according to research by Evac Chair International
- 09/08/2012 - Exceptional export growth for Evac+Chair International
- 24/07/2012 - Evac+Chair International stars in Science Museum exhibition, which opens doors today
- 24/04/2012 - Evac+Chair International to represent UK manufacturing excellence at Science Museum
- 24/04/2012 - The changing landscape of evacuation plans
- 24/04/2012 - O2 Academy Music Group nationwide sings a safe tune
- 24/04/2012 - Forth Valley College achieves safety with distinction
- 12/09/2011 - Newborn neo-restraints ensure safe transfer to Birmingham Women’s Hospital
- 10/08/2011 - Emergency stairway evacuation chairs
- 27/06/2011 - Global distribution expands to Malta as exports are up for Evac+Chair International
- 04/05/2011 - UK obesity increase prompts new design of Evac+Chair
- 07/12/2010 - New appointments support Evac+Chair in Scotland
- 05/10/2010 - Evac+Chair International achieves highest quality standard
- 14/09/2010 - Cotswold Outdoor ensure safe descent for customers in store
- 13/09/2010 - Evac+Chair International and DM Wood Medical join forces at Health and Safety 10
- 13/09/2010 - Bristol Water improves health & safety with Evac+Chair
- 12/09/2010 - Businesses must make time to train and practise
- 07/07/2010 - Evac+Chair International’s New Home of Luxury
- 21/04/2010 - Birmingham Royal Ballet turns to Evac+Chair International
- 20/04/2010 - MEP highlights innovation and quality as the future for Midlands manufacturing
- 20/04/2010 - Safe escape for Royal Latin School pupils
- 20/04/2010 - Evac+Chair International look forward to Safety & Health Expo
- 11/11/2009 - Evac+Chairs' big screen success with Odeon Group
- 19/10/2009 - Setrvicare® Manager appointed at Evac+Chair
- 01/09/2009 - Evac+Chair is a lifesaving investment for new community Hospital
- 31/07/2009 - Evac+Chair Emergency Escape keeps Worcestershire NHS up to date
- 07/05/2009 - Primary Care Trust ensures safe evacuation for all
- 19/03/2009 - Award winning senior living homes use Evac+Chair
- 20/02/2009 - Twickenham wins with Evac+Chair
- 16/12/2008 - The Stairway Evacuation Chair that Speaks your Language
- 04/08/2008 - Big Brands install Innovative Disable Evacuation
- 21/05/2008 - Leading health club fit for evacuation
- 21/05/2008 - Management buyout at Evac+Chair International