During 2015 Wardray Premise Ltd manufactured and installed 15 RF cages for MRI facilities in the UK.
11 February 2016
This includes installations in Manchester for the European Scanning Centre (ESC) and London, at the impressive Shard Building.
The Shard’s reflective glass exterior climbs higher than any other skyscraper in Europe. It’s probably the most iconic and prestigious location where Wardray staff have worked. The end client, HCA, have made a substantial investment in a brand new state of the art diagnostic centre occupying three floors of The Shard. Wardray worked for the main contractor Collins Construction. Their work included 2 MRI rooms, a CT suite, an X-ray suite, Relax & View® panels, X-ray viewers and catheter storage racks. The RF cage components were hoisted up on the outside of the building, approximately 80 meters, with the building’s glass panels removed for access. The MRI rooms host Siemens 1.5T and 3T scanners. Each scanner weighs eight tonnes and they were lifted over railway tracks at London Bridge station very early on a Sunday morning to minimise risk and disruption.
In addition, Wardray supplied the site with MR patient trolleys, portering chairs, utility trolleys, IV stands and waste bins. Patients will be able to enjoy magnificent panoramic views of London from the waiting areas and consultation rooms with floor to ceiling windows. HCA’s new diagnostic centre at The Shard opened in February 2016.
The MRI project for ESC in Manchester hosts a Paramed upright open scanner. The project required an RF cage and two tonnes of magnetic steel shielding. In addition, Wardray supplied Relax & View® lightboxes and images to improve the room’s aesthetics and the patient’s experience.
Wardray are the “one stop” experts in RF cage design, installation. In addition, they offer environmental surveys and magnetic shielding calculations. The Wardray RF cage is a robust, self-supporting structure, made from high grade aluminium. Each cage is bespoke, designed to suit individual host rooms and can be any size or shape to meet customer requirements and maximise the use of available space. Wardray are the only UK manufacturer of aluminium RF cages and have in excess of 300 MRI installations worldwide. They also offer the following products and services for the MRI environment to ensure that functionality and great design are achieved:
• Relax and View® lightboxes;
• dimmable ceiling lights and lighting solutions;
• switchable / privacy glass;
• prefinished laminated wall panels; and
• the support of a UK based team of engineers, offering service contracts for RF doors and other MRI products to ensure longevity, performance and keeping downtime to a minimum.
Visit their website: www.wardray-premise.com contact their staff at email@example.com or telephone 0208 398 9911 for further details.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 02/07/2020 - Wardray Premise Ltd is a UK manufacturer, trading for more than 100 years in medical and industrial sectors.
- 19/11/2019 - New adjustable height CUBE trolley.
- 22/08/2019 - Improving patients’ comfort
- 22/08/2019 - Improving products and holding prices
- 18/09/2018 - PR Acoustic Performance
- 16/07/2018 - Launch of new TetraGraph Neuromuscular Monitoring System
- 16/07/2018 - Delightful product endorsement
- 23/02/2018 - Launch of new TetraGraph Neuromuscular Monitoring System
- 04/12/2017 - Replacing old trolleys for new!
- 04/12/2017 - Delightful product endorsement
- 13/10/2016 - The Shard
- 13/10/2016 - Three Counties Equine Hospital MRI Facility
- 13/10/2016 - Wardray Premise Ltd are delighted to be appointed as a distributor of the new IV-eye® vein imager.
- 13/10/2016 - Creating a positive healing environment at the Royal Oldham
- 13/04/2016 - The burning issue of fire doors
- 26/11/2015 - Timber procurement policies – do you know yours?
- 17/07/2015 - Wardray Premise Ltd now offer switchable / privacy glass in their products.
- 17/07/2015 - Even more images to choose from
- 07/05/2015 - Wardray Premise offers a wide range of products for use in Imaging Departments.
- 09/03/2015 - During 2014 Wardray Premise Ltd manufactured 23 RF cages.
- 08/10/2014 - TOF watch monitor
- 08/10/2014 - M3 patient monitor
- 28/07/2014 - Wardray Screens
- 28/07/2014 - Energy efficient lightboxes & relaxing images
- 28/07/2014 - X-Ray Protective Clothing