Gilgen launch SR5-B security shutter to counter terrorist threat
16 February 2016
In response to heightened Global security threats, Gilgen Door Systems, manufacturers of the Rolegard™ range of LPS1175 approved security shutters, has launched a unique SR5 rated shutter that combines the highest physical attack standard yet achieved in a security shutter with unrivalled ballistics and blast protection properties.Rolegard SR5-B is designed to help protect facilities against emerging threats such as hostile incursion and swarm attack.
Complying with insurance and Police Preferred ‘Secured by Design’ standards, Rolegard SR5-B offers first line defence against experienced attempts at forced entry. It is particularly suited as a target hardening measure for high risk applications including government and military buildings, critical national infrastructure, banks, protected spaces, museums and high value commercial premises.
The exceptionally strong design characteristics also make this product a consideration for hostile vehicle mitigation (HVM) measures as part of a layered security system and for exposed sites or special building designs that may be subject to severe weather events in terms of wind pressures.
To achieve its very high security rating the SR5-B was tested to LPS1175, issue 7, level 5 using a wide range of professional attack methods including the use of high end power tools.
The shutter features a newly tested Automatic Self Locking (ASL) system to systematically lock down facilities without the need for secondary locks. Designed by Gilgen’s highly experienced product development team in the UK, the ASL system helps to improve protocol and prevents the lifting and jacking of the shutter in the closed position.
Ballistics and Blast Protection
Gilgen has helped mitigate combined attack methods through the introduction of blast protection and two levels of ballistics rating for the SR5-B. Following rigorous ballistics tests this model has achieved FB3 and FB4 ratings to satisfy the requirements of BS EN1522:1999. These properties enable the shutter to be specified for very high risk applications.
Gilgen supplies a range of security shutters tailored to customers’ needs with security ratings between LPS1175 level 2 and 5. The SR5-B model is electrically operated through a direct drive or heavy duty chain geared motor depending on the shutter size and frequency of use. An extensive range of activation modules including remote control or vehicle activated sensor ensures maximum control and the shutter can be integrated with layered security, such as building management and alarm systems.
Managing Director of Gilgen Door Systems in the UK, David Cerquella comments “We are delighted with the launch of our new SR5-B model which offers customers a unique dual security rating. Through continuous product development and testing, we have established Rolegard as the premier solution in the security shutter market. We will continue to develop the range to help customers protect against the challenging security environment and developing threats”.
For more information call 0800 316 6994 or visit www.gilgendoorsystems.co.uk
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 21/09/2016 - Gilgen Website helps shut the door on Property Attacks
- 12/06/2015 - Gilgen launches Automatic Door Specification Library
- 07/11/2014 - Gilgen Door Systems wins £1.5m Louvre Abu Dhabi Contract
- 31/10/2014 - Gilgen automatic door operator now fire door approved
- 26/09/2014 - Gilgen invest in new service fleet to open more doors
- 11/09/2014 - Chris Windust joins GDUK as Operations Director
- 23/07/2014 - Gilgen entry system with added energy-efficiency
- 22/07/2014 - Gilgen Expands its UK Automatic Door Operation
- 16/06/2014 - Gilgen opens doors to lower service costs at Facilities Show
- 28/04/2010 - Kaba automatic door systems provide sophisticated access to prestigious Oxfordshire school.
- 22/03/2010 - Kaba automatic sliding doors enhance hospital privacy
- 21/10/2009 - Kaba provide automatic sliding fire rated doors for public library
- 05/05/2009 - Kaba provides blast proof, high speed doors for Cornish company
- 30/04/2009 - Kaba HDO – a new heavy duty swing door operator
- 29/04/2009 - RIBA approved CPD seminars from Kaba
- 03/02/2009 - Kaba automatic doors give contact free access to Hotel Leisure Club
- 03/02/2009 - Kaba opens doors for Webbs of Wychbold