Bituchem's maintenance free material used for major university development
23 February 2016
Bituchem’s specialist hard landscaping material has been applied to provide a new landscape for Hertfordshire University’s College Lane Campus.As part of a major redevelopment project of the university’s existing campus, Bituchem supplied around 3000m² of its bestselling Natratex Gravel to provide maintenance-free footpaths across the campus.
The project, headed by Bouygues UK, brings new and exciting facilities to the university that creates an inclusive living and learning environment on one campus. The overall scheme comprises both new building and refurbishment works that will bring over 2500 new student bedrooms, social spaces, sports pitches and a campus gym.
The scheme is being developed over three phases which are set to be completed by September 2016, following three academic years of construction and refurbishments. Included in these development works is the surfacing of existing and new footpaths, for which Bituchem’s Natratex Gravel was used. The material presents a surface that contrasts with the surrounding black tarmac to form aesthetically pleasing pathways to match the modern surroundings of the university campus.
The Natratex Gravel footpaths are just one part of the attractive landscape created by The Landmark Practice (www.thelandmarkpractice.com), which felt that it was the right product to create the desired landscape for the university grounds. Andy Spargo, Principal Landscape Architect at The Landmark Practice commented, “We are very pleased with the aesthetics of the landscape created using Bituchem’s Natratex Gravel and for this reason we would definitely consider it for future projects.”
Natratex Gravel is one of Bituchem’s many products that is based on tried and tested asphalt technology to offer a high performance, hardwearing surface. The specialist material uses a clear binder system with decorative buff coloured aggregates, with the appearance of natural stone, to create a durable surface for pedestrian and light vehicular use.
Natratex Gravel offers a fully compacted finish compared to real gravel, making it safer for pedestrian use and is virtually maintenance free once applied. The strong resin binder gives the surface a seamless finish that is resistant to deterioration, such as cracks or potholes, to prevent the likelihood of trips and falls whilst offering a soft, smooth surface to reduce injury. These particular qualities have encouraged the use of Bituchem’s Natratex products to be used in applications in schools and universities across the UK as part of producing a safer environment for students.
Suitable for use on new construction, overlays or regeneration projects, Natratex Gravel offers architects and specifiers the ability to create an attractive, long-lasting landscape that is eye catching compared to standard black tarmac. The Natratex colour palette offers a range of natural stone colours which can be used to complement or contrast with the surrounding landscape, and is particularly effective in reflecting the character of heritage buildings or modern schemes using Cotswold stone.
Natratex Gravel is also very environmentally friendly with a fast and simple application making it an easy specification for both private and public sector projects. The material can be specified in a range of colours to meet the individual requirements of each contract, with the Bituchem design team available to find the right aggregate type and colour to suit the specification.
Further information is available from Bituchem on 01594 826768 or 07584 311266, by emailing: email@example.com or by visiting the company’s website at www.bituchem.com
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 17/07/2018 - It’s coming home
- 08/06/2018 - Colourful, Decorative Surfaces Create Inspirational Learning Environment
- 31/05/2018 - NatraTex Cotswold
- 17/05/2018 - Private Residence Landscaping Project Looks Exquisite With Help From NatraTex
- 17/05/2018 - Opulent Historical Site Receives the NatraTex Look
- 17/05/2018 - Decorative Surfaces Manufactured by NatraTex
- 17/05/2018 - Durable and versatile pathways from NatraTex designed to elongate a residential recreation area
- 16/01/2018 - New website for Natratex following rebrand
- 12/12/2017 - Natratex gives new Oxfordshire housing estate The Cotswold Look
- 19/04/2017 - Natratex Landscape Surfacing range gets a new look
- 24/02/2017 - Bituchem improves landscape for Coleshill Memorial Park
- 13/01/2017 - Bituchem creates landscape for Pimperne primary school
- 27/10/2016 - Bituchem at two new exhibitions this November
- 20/10/2016 - Bituchem brightens new residential site in Gloucestershire
- 22/09/2016 - Bituchem creates landscape for new Leicestershire school
- 25/08/2016 - Learn about the benefits of hard landscaping with Bituchem
- 11/07/2016 - Bituchem to return to exhibit at Landscape Show 2016
- 29/06/2016 - Schools and universities use bituchem for better landscapes
- 03/06/2016 - Bituchem's heavy duty material used to brighten road in redbridge
- 15/10/2015 - Bituchem improve delivery services with new addition to fleet
- 04/09/2015 - Natratex Salmon Resin Bonded Surfacing - new from Bituchem
- 05/08/2015 - Liven up landscapes with Bituchem’s colourtex surface
- 19/06/2015 - Bituchem material used for safer playground
- 19/05/2015 - Bituchem now offer Free Presentations on the benefits of Hard Landscaping
- 30/04/2015 - Bituchem Sees First Application Of New Porous Material
- 18/03/2015 - Bituchem Launches New Natratex Porous Hard Landscaping Product
- 07/01/2015 - Waitrose Discovers the Wonders of Bituchem’s Natratex
- 18/11/2014 - Fortseal used to preserve busy country highway
- 07/10/2014 - Lockchip Secures a Longer Lifespan for Surface Dressed Roads
- 23/07/2014 - Leading surfacing products now viewed easily on Smartphones and Tablets
- 25/06/2014 - Colourtex brightens up East London housing estate
- 29/05/2014 - Fortseal saves time and money by preserving carriageways
- 15/05/2014 - Natratex restores Essex Park's Natural Beauty
- 21/03/2014 - Natratex provides a natural solution to all hard landscaping needs
- 04/02/2014 - Colourtex brightens up road safety and hard landscaping
- 13/08/2009 - City Council chooses Bituchem Natratex for housing development
- 01/04/2009 - Natratex is the natural choice for scenic headland
- 08/12/2008 - Natratex Provide Hardwearing Surface for Bristol College
- 02/01/2008 - Natratex helps restore gardens to former glory
- 18/09/2007 - Natratex complements Palm house at Kew