Worlds first 80 GHz radar level sensor for liquids
21 March 2016
VEGA introduces VEGAPULS 64, the first 80 GHz frequency contactless liquids radar level sensor.This higher frequency enables improved focusing of the radar beam, making measurement easier and more reliable, even under difficult conditions, in vessels with heating coils, baffles or agitators.
The VEGAPULS 64 has a beam angle starting from only 3° with an 80mm/3” antenna size. This allows the sensor to be used in vessels with many internal installations or heavy build up on the walls, the focused microwave beam simply avoids them. The smallest antenna is no larger than a £1 coin, yet still has a narrow 10° beam angle. These compact dimensions enable the sensor to offer an excellent level measurement solution for even the smallest of process vessels. The new device has an ultra-wide dynamic range, which means even foaming, turbulent product surfaces, condensation, or antenna build up have little or no effect. It can also even measure very low dielectric products like hydrocarbons and liquid gases reliably, with an accuracy of +/-2 mm, over a range of up to 30 m.
Designed for use in the chemical, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and food industries, the VEGAPULS 64 has a wide range of resistant materials, connections and hygienic designs. In addition to mainstream manufacturing and processing industries, this sensor opens up application possibilities in pilot plants and even laboratories which, for space reasons, could not use radar level technology before. Bluetooth programming options using free downloadable app or PC offer added convenience and user safety.
More information available at: www.vega.com/radar
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 09/02/2018 - On the level, every mm counts
- 09/02/2017 - Not just 'Walking the Walk...'
- 18/10/2016 - It’s all in the price!
- 27/09/2016 - VEGA team steps up to the Plod Challenge!
- 13/04/2016 - Vegatruck has successful UK tour
- 15/01/2016 - Visit the VEGATRUCK on its tour of the UK
- 11/06/2015 - Narrow success for solids radar level sensor
- 07/05/2015 - Realising the flexibility of electronic differential pressure
- 07/05/2015 - Vegaflex: the standard for interface and level control
- 07/05/2015 - VEGAPULS 69 – The new radar sensor for bulk solids
- 08/05/2014 - Level Radar at Aston Martin works.
- 21/11/2013 - VEGA get interactive on water
- 20/08/2013 - Innovation Award for VEGAFLEX GWR Sensor
- 07/08/2013 - VEGA UK team feels the heat for charity!
- 19/04/2013 - 100,000 bulk solid radar sensors from VEGA installed worldwide
- 01/02/2013 - World first for tuning fork level switch
- 18/09/2012 - VEGA launch new Guided Wave Radar
- 05/09/2012 - Apps, Tools and more from Vega
- 19/04/2012 - VEGA PROTRAC nucleonic gauging systems
- 20/02/2012 - Let VEGA take the pressure
- 22/09/2011 - VEGAPASS and VEGAMAG
- 13/06/2011 - VEGA launch New remote monitoring solution for level and pressure
- 20/04/2011 - VEGA level radars help deliver £12M savings at TATA
- 25/05/2010 - VEGA DP transmitter features remote housing
- 19/01/2010 - Thames measured by VEGA Radar
- 16/06/2009 - New VEGA signal conditioner with host of solutions
- 20/05/2009 - BP use SIL 2 VEGA radars for floating roof high level
- 02/04/2009 - VEGA non-contact radar level measurement
- 10/12/2008 - Renewing energy with every turn takes its toll
- 04/11/2008 - PACTware™ on the road again
- 23/09/2008 - Europe's Largest Newsprint Paper Machine Prints 400,000 tons Annually
- 12/09/2008 - VEGA TDR gets remote housing
- 12/09/2008 - New ATEX approved radiation survey meter from VEGA
- 12/06/2008 - Vibrating level switches for bulk solids up to 150 °C
- 07/04/2008 - Flush pressure transmitter, buy on-line, 2 day delivery
- 09/11/2007 - New VEGA level and pressure webshop extra 5% off offer!