Wrights Plastics Announces Buy Out Of Mid West Displays
30 March 2016
Wrights Plastics has today completed the buy-out of window and interior display specialist Mid West Displays. The takeover represents a major expansion for the West Midlands manufacturer.Established in 1969, Wrights Plastics is a leading acrylic fabricator and manufactures products for a range of industrial clients in sectors such as automotive and street furniture. Their GPX brand makes retail display and Point of Sale (POS) products and the company has developed a large bespoke retail display and signage arm that works with some of the UK’s biggest retail brands such as Marks & Spencer, Selfridges and Tesco.
With a turnover in excess of £10m, the company employs around 100 staff at its West Bromwich base. It remains a family-owned and family-run business.
Mid West Displays was formed in 2004 and is a leading manufacturer, supplier and installer of window & interior display products for the retail, property and exhibition sectors. Around 40 people are employed at their Shrewsbury HQ. They also fabricate acrylic bespoke and off-the-shelf acrylic products.
Mike Wright MD of Wrights Plastics said today “We are very pleased to have completed the buy-out of Mid West Displays. They are an established brand and we wish to make the most of their expertise and experience in developing our window and interior display services. “We were attracted to Mid West Displays because of the fit we saw between our two organisations. They bring installation and design excellence that will be very beneficial to our client base. We can add over 45 years of retail display expertise and offer an end-to-end service for all our customers. “We have a complementary range of products and services, and both companies have a reputation for innovation that we wish to develop further. Additionally, we can use our combined buying strength to lower costs and pass these savings on to customers’ news and old.
Committed to UK manufacturing
“Both companies have demonstrated their long term commitment to UK manufacturing over many years. Wrights Plastics has invested heavily to ensure they remain productive and price competitive against fierce international competition. That commitment is ongoing and non-negotiable as far as we are concerned and Mid West Displays shares our belief in supporting UK jobs and investment.”
The takeover of Mid West Displays is the latest in Wrights Plastics history of expansion through acquisition. In 1998 they purchased POS manufacturer Acrylics Plus and in 2010 they bought out the Hertfordshire-based GPX Group, enabling them to manufacture and supply a range of acrylic retail display products.
MD of Mid West Displays Mark Newman added “This is an excellent opportunity for both businesses to combine their manufacturing and design strengths to grow their services and customer base. Wrights Plastics is one of the industry’s longest established organisations with an outstanding reputation. We are honoured that they see us as integral to their future expansion.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/07/2016 - Wrights Plastics has appointed Nick King as Business Development Manager.
- 08/06/2016 - ‘Squeezy balls time’ as manufacturer offers relief from Euro2016 tension.
- 19/05/2016 - Every little helps ma’am as West Midlands’ manufacturer halves price of tiara stands.
- 10/03/2016 - Wrights Plastics GPX announces poster holder clearance
- 08/03/2016 - Retail display and POS specialist Wrights Plastics GPX is offering customers £20 off when they spend £100 or more online in March.
- 25/02/2016 - Wrights Plastics launches Solid Surface Light Box
- 11/02/2016 - Sweet! Confectionery craze boosts sales at Wrights Plastics GPX
- 21/01/2016 - LEDMAG, the Italian made range of LED display systems, have extended their range in the UK with the addition of a display stand with illuminated shelves.
- 07/01/2016 - Wrights Plastics GPX announces biggest ever January sale
- 22/10/2015 - Wrights Plastics helps Premier League mark England’s emerging talent
- 25/09/2015 - Another win as Wrights Plastics GPX prove a safe bet for Coral
- 18/01/2013 - Save on your shop displays this January with GPX
- 14/01/2013 - GPX launch new range of Visual Display Plinths
- 26/03/2012 - Wrights GPX have reduced 100s of Jewellery display products
- 24/02/2012 - GPX offer massive savings on showcard stands
- 26/09/2011 - Christmas offer from GPX
- 22/09/2011 - GPX offer promotion on Pick and Mix Gravity Fed Dispenser with self closing lid