Don't let this happen to you...
31 March 2016
The Sussex Sign Company can carry out a sign maintenance service to make sure your sign is safe after storm Katie has battered The South east England.A kayaker is feared dead, scores of flights were cancelled and 100,000 homes were hit by power cuts as Storm Katie battered Britain.
The kayaker's vessel capsized in strong currents on the River Wey, which the Environment Agency warned was at risk of flooding.
A search for the man is ongoing in the Guildford area, police said.
Meanwhile air passengers have told of "scary" aborted landings that left people in tears.
Planes attempted to make the runways at Gatwick and Heathrow before being diverted to other airports, amid winds of up to 106mph.
A series of weather warnings were issued for London and the South East.
Nine hundred engineers have been working to restore power to 100,000 homes across the south of England.
At Heathrow Airport 61 flights were cancelled and 20 were diverted, while at Gatwick Airport, 26 flights were cancelled and 23 diverted.
One passenger, Dan Prance, said his flight home from Budapest had been the "worst flight of my life".
Passengers burst into tears when they finally touched down.
He said: "When we approached into Gatwick from Budapest the plane was dropping suddenly and swinging left to right. "You could see from the windows there was a massive storm happening outside, the wind and rain was smashing against the glass. "We got closer to the ground at Gatwick until the captain suddenly aborted the landing and we went shooting back up into the sky to attempt again."
Rail services also suffered significant disruption because of fallen trees.
Highways England said the Dartford River Crossing and M48 Severn Bridge were closed on Sunday night.
The M6 was closed between junctions 14 and 13 because of standing water but was cleared by early morning.
London Fire Service dealt with 110 incidents overnight including collapsed chimneys and scaffolding.
Sussex Police received 600 calls about weather incidents between midnight and 9.30am Monday.
The Port of Dover suspended shipping movements because of the severe weather conditions.
A number of sporting events were cancelled due to high winds and driving rain.
There were 20 flood warnings and 118 flood alerts across the country - mainly in the South. In Staffordshire, Storm Katie brought snow.
If your signage does not look damaged, that does not mean it is not damaged. You have a responsibility to ensure your signage is secure on your building, especially after such a damaging storm, The Sussex Sign Company can offer a maintenance service where we will inspect your signage and give you a report as to its safety, we recommend this is done at least once a year to ensure the safety of the public.
Call us today on 01273 424900 to book your sign maintenance.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 11/12/2017 - How The Sussex Sign Company can help if you are a marketing manager
- 11/12/2017 - How The Sussex Sign Company can help if you are a marketing agency
- 21/08/2017 - Why get your vehicle signwritten?
- 16/05/2017 - The Day I met Trunki
- 23/03/2017 - With Spring now upon us and motivation levels rising after the darker days of winter.
- 28/02/2017 - Let's Do Business - Brighton 2017
- 17/01/2017 - Buying cheap is not always the best option.
- 12/01/2017 - Best New Year’s Resolution for Your Business? New Signage
- 12/12/2016 - Why Does Effective Wayfinding Signage Need That Expert Touch?
- 12/12/2016 - What Makes for Quality and Effective School Signage?
- 12/12/2016 - Only Trust a Commercial Signage Specialist with Your Business Signs
- 12/12/2016 - Don’t Underestimate the Importance of Shop Signs!
- 22/11/2016 - Pub Signs
- 16/11/2016 - Are you using your vehicle to promote your business?
- 28/10/2016 - Only Trust a Commercial Signage Specialist with Your Business Signs
- 20/09/2016 - Did you know that we now do print?
- 24/08/2016 - How could car graphics benefit your business?
- 21/07/2016 - Crazy kiosk!
- 04/07/2016 - The Seahaven Young Entrepreneurs Scheme
- 29/06/2016 - LED Technology in signage systems
- 20/06/2016 - From concept to completion, we can help...
- 05/04/2016 - Top Safety Accreditation for The Sussex Sign Company
- 17/03/2016 - This Friday!
- 01/03/2016 - Did you know that Sign Installations is a subsidiary of The Sussex Sign Company.
- 23/02/2016 - Estate Agent LED Light Pockets
- 23/02/2016 - Whittingtons Estate Agent complete design and sign package from concept to production
- 16/02/2016 - So how do you promote your Charity to thousands of people.
- 09/02/2016 - All that jazz!
- 26/01/2016 - Powder Coated Lectern Signs
- 15/01/2016 - From Vehicle Wrapping to Exhibition Design, we deliver excellent concepts, from production, through to installation
- 15/01/2016 - Commissioned work by South East Dance – Becky Edmunds and Zoe Zanders exhibited work at the Onca Gallery
- 14/01/2016 - Happy New Year from The Sussex Sign Company!
- 05/01/2016 - The Sussex Sign Company sponsors this monthly networking event held for local businesses
- 21/12/2015 - New restaurant signage
- 10/12/2015 - How to select the best soft signage