Testemp Limited new range of leaf/shim/spade temperature sensors.
22 April 2016
Testemp now manufacture an extended range of leaf temperature sensors. These are otherwise known as shim or spade style.
These sensors are designed for fast response of surface measurement. The leaf can generally be of any size but normally about 20x15mm. They are normally spot welded onto the surface to be measured or held under a clamp.
The basic construction for thermocouple types involves the exposure of the two dis-similar metal conductors and welding these together to form a thermocouple junction. This junction will then be attached to the leaf.
Insulated junction thermocouple, resistance PT100, resistance PT1000 or thermistor versions can also be manufactured by encasing the sensing element in a tubular housing that is attached to the leaf.
Extension leads are 7/0.2mm conductors. (other sizes available upon request)
The conductors are normally PTFE / PFA insulated (250 C maximum) or fibreglass insulated with stainless steel overbraid (350 C maximum).
For long cable lengths we recommend the use of a plug and mating socket.
Termination is generally stripped tails for hard wiring to instrumentation but where required we can terminate with a plug/socket arrangement with special plastics industry connectors also available from stock.
Please call our technical sales department on 01903 714140 or email at email@example.com for a detailed quotation.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 15/01/2020 - Longstanding Customer
- 25/04/2016 - Testemp Limited new range of melt style temperature sensors.
- 31/03/2016 - Testemp Limited new range of exposed junction / exposed tip temperature sensors.
- 18/03/2016 - Testemp Limited new range of threaded nozzle type temperature sensors.
- 15/03/2016 - Testemp Limited new range of band thermocouple sensors.
- 25/02/2016 - Testemp Limited new range of quick release Bayonet locking temperature sensors and adaptors