Miele joins British Institute of Cleaning Science
20 February 2009
Leading commercial cleaning equipment manufacturer, Miele Professional is proud to announce that it has been accepted as a corporate member of the British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc).
The Institute, which has its headquarters in Northampton, is the largest independent professional and educational body within the cleaning industry. Founded in 1961, its members include Local Authorities, contract cleaners, manufacturers, suppliers, trainers and cleaning operatives themselves. Membership currently stands at almost 5,000 individual and corporate members and its reach is global.
Of particular focus of this membership will be Miele’s latest washer extractor which is aimed specifically at the contract cleaning market, the PW 5064. With a maximum load size of 6.5 kg, this machine has specialised programmes for washing all manner of textiles from mopheads, cloths, and curtains to towels and bedding. It is suitable for small buildings as well as multiple installations at larger contract cleaning sites.
“To ensure high standards of hygiene in contract cleaning, mops and cloths must be cleaned regularly after use. Whether at a school, kindergarten, office or hygienically sensitive areas such as hospitals and care homes, on-premise laundry facilities depend on the reliable reprocessing and disinfection of such materials.
“Membership to the UK’s premier cleaning institute gives us the opportunity to work together for the better of the industry,” said Sales and Marketing Director Miele Professional, Les Marshall.
Barbara Leake, Membership Services Manager at BICSc said, ”Miele Professional is renowned for its reliability and durability in terms of quality machines that meet legal guidelines for infection control. We will work closely together to provide feasible solutions, be it via education or training, for the industry".
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/01/2010 - Miele launch Octoplus washer-extractor & dryer
- 20/03/2009 - Greater safety and greater protection with Miele
- 25/02/2009 - And the winner of the 2009 "Best Brand Award" goes to, Miele
- 04/02/2009 - 100% conversion rate for Miele test wash centre
- 03/02/2009 - Mieles' laundry machines feature patented honeycomb drum
- 03/02/2009 - Miele Professional helps the Orders of St John Care Trust look after residents
- 02/02/2009 - Suatainability in medical technology with Miele Professional
- 02/02/2009 - Taking giant steps with Miele tailor-made contract cleaning
- 30/01/2009 - Miele Professional laundry machines protecting the environment
- 30/01/2009 - Economical ironing and powerful performance with low energy costs