Eland Cables makes history at "Best Company To Work For Awards" 2009
04 March 2009
Eland Cables, a leading international cable supplier, is celebrating after reaching the highest ever rank of any electrical cable supplier in the prestigious Sunday Times awards.
With a total of 997 entries and 200,000 employee opinions, the Best Companies awards represent the biggest barometer of workplace engagement in the UK. Described as ‘well-managed’ and ‘professional’ with ‘plenty of room for ambition’ by the Sunday Times, Eland finished 12th in the category for companies with 50-249 employees – a leap of 69 places from the previous year.
Against a backdrop of global economic uncertainty, Eland Cables was praised for its open communication, company culture and creative low-cost morale-boosting solutions. As well as its high overall ranking, the company reached the top ten in three of the areas against which all companies are measured.
The survey revealed that 92.8% of Eland employees have faith in the company’s leader (8th place), 91.8% feel proud to be working for the company (10th place), and 83% believe their managers are excellent role models (8th place).
It is the third year in a row that Eland has made the list and Managing Director, Philip Brown – himself identified as ‘central to the vein of good feeling’ experienced by employees at the company – is confident there’s a lot more to come. ‘This is a fantastic achievement for everyone at Eland. A company is only ever as good as the people it employees, and I firmly believe we employ some of the very best. We’re living in unprecedented times, but we’ve had a great start to the year already with the launch of our 3D cable models and this latest result for us reinforces the fact Eland Cables is stronger than ever.’
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 18/01/2017 - The cable lab adds the BSI ROHS trusted kitemark to its credentials
- 26/11/2012 - The largest Tri-rated stockholding in Europe - available from Eland Cables
- 10/03/2010 - Eland expand Tri-rated cable range
- 11/11/2009 - Control Cable added to Eland portfolio
- 02/11/2009 - NR approval for Eland Cables' new Axle Counter Cable
- 29/10/2009 - Elands' NR approved rail telecoms cable range doubled
- 09/09/2009 - Eland Cables and Unipart Rail win bid for Network Rail supply
- 17/06/2009 - Network Rail approval for Elands' Rail Telecoms Cables
- 16/01/2009 - Model behaviour from Eland Cables