Vulcascot Hesaglas - the thinnest cast acrylic sheet
12 March 2009
When a speciality cast acrylic sheet becomes a standard, it is a mark of the very exacting nature of the manufacturing capability. Hesaglas is special, boasting a total of 200 different colours and tints all produced as thin as 0.3mm.
Not only are the sheets manufactured in tiny thicknesses but they are also produced to exacting tolerances typically 0.2/0.1mm which is useful for designers and original equipment manufacturers who themselves have to operate within strict thickness variations.
The special manufacturing technique enables this very thin cast acrylic sheet to have virtually no internal tension and also features a high molecular weight which makes the material particularly suited for routing and thermoforming. A cross linked variety called HT is available which is better suited for chemical and mechanical applications.
This very thin material is used in applications throughout industry but typically instrument windows, LED/LCD covers, front lenses, optical filters, architectural models and other precision applications where visual appearance is of fundamental importance.
The material is produced in a handy 800 x 800mm sheet size and with 4 different surface finishes ranging from shiny to strong matt.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 10/01/2014 - The Ultimate in Cable Protection - New Catalogue from Vulcascot
- 16/08/2013 - Vulcascot's New Look Web Site
- 17/05/2013 - New Hygienic Range of Cable Protectors from Vulcascot
- 12/04/2013 - Safety First and Second with Vulcascot Cable Protectors
- 18/01/2013 - Temporary Traffic Calmers Get Larger
- 07/01/2013 - New literature from Vulcascot the Cable Protector people
- 09/10/2012 - New Literature from Vulcascot the Cable Protector People
- 10/07/2012 - THE SAFEST CABLE PROTECTOR EVER
- 03/07/2012 - Vulcascot Covers up Field Events
- 15/06/2012 - The unique Vulcascot range of flexible indoor cable protectors
- 04/05/2012 - Number one at your next event……Vulcascot and cable safety
- 20/02/2012 - Vulcascot Cable Protectors Cover the World
- 02/02/2012 - A Soft Landing but Tripping is still Dangerous
- 02/02/2012 - World Wide Cable Security from Vulcascot
- 12/01/2012 - Enviromental Hazards - Tripping Over Loose Cables
- 10/01/2012 - Vulcascot Giant Cable Protector
- 06/04/2010 - The safest cable protector in the world from Vulcascot
- 19/03/2010 - Don't trip up when an inspector calls
- 09/03/2010 - Vulcascot shipping laminates UK & world wide
- 08/03/2010 - Vulcascot launch Paxolin, low cost rigid insulation board
- 05/03/2010 - Vulcascot launch latex free cable protectors
- 04/03/2010 - Vulcamet, premier grade Aluminium composite sheet launched by Vulcascot
- 03/02/2010 - Temporary Traffic Calmers get larger protection for heavy duty cables & pipes
- 12/08/2009 - New thickness Foam PVC Sheet gives designers more flexibility
- 21/07/2009 - Vulcadur chemical resistant sheet is economical and easy to machine
- 08/06/2009 - Vulcascot launch HDCP1 heavy duty Cable Protector
- 06/05/2009 - Vulcascots' cable protection for heavy duty cables and pipes
- 02/04/2009 - Vulcascot expands work top range
- 27/03/2009 - Vulcascot Beaute cast Acrylic sheet
- 06/03/2009 - Vulcascot helps prevent construction site slip-ups
- 26/02/2009 - Vulcascots' miniature world of tiny Snap Top Cable Protectors
- 18/02/2009 - Vulcascot Reflections from Plastic Mirrors
- 16/02/2009 - Vulcascot Transformer Mounts - supporting Transformers around the world
- 16/02/2009 - Watch out - mind your step!
- 02/02/2009 - Vulcascot revamp Cablesafe
- 26/09/2008 - £64 Million Lost to People Tripping over at Work
- 26/09/2008 - Vulcascot Launch New Multi Compartment
- 23/09/2008 - New High Temperature Laminates from Vulcascot
- 09/09/2008 - Optima LED Cast Acrylic Sheet