Ecotile Flooring Ltd are proud to announce they have won 2 of the prestigious Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in the Innovation and International Trade categories.
25 April 2017
Ecotile Flooring Ltd manufacture PVC interlocking floor tiles in Luton, Bedfordshire. The company was started in 1996 from his home by James Gedye who is still CEO. 20 years later Ecotile Flooring employs 30 people and exports to over 40 countries worldwide.The Innovation Award is in recognition of Ecotile’s role in the development of a new injection moulding technique allowing 30% more recycled material to be used. The interlocking tiles are designed for use in factories, warehouses, aircraft hangars, commercial garages, schools, gyms and residential applications. Recent customers include Rolls Royce, Airbus, Siemens, Morrison’s, TK Maxx and Hallmark Cards.
For more information visit www.ecotileflooring.com or contact email@example.com
Over 170 British businesses recognised for enterprise excellence on Her Majesty’s 91st birthday
- Established in 1965, the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise celebrates the UK’s small and medium sized businesses
- This year’s winners include the first group for the Promoting Opportunity category
- Research shows nearly 75% of past winners attribute the Queen’s Awards to increased international sales
- Entries are open as of today for the 2018 awards.
Business Secretary Greg Clark today named the winners of the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in celebration of Her Majesty The Queen’s 91st birthday.
One hundred and seventy six businesses from across the UK have been recognised for their contribution to international trade, innovation, sustainable development and promoting opportunity.
This year’s winners include UK businesses leading the way in a broad range of industries - from green energy solutions and medical healthcare, to laser technology and digital marketing.
Now in its 51st year, the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are one of the most prestigious business awards in the country, with winning businesses able to use the esteemed Queen’s Awards emblem for the next five years.
Successful businesses included:
• 11 winners of the sustainable business award
• 57 winners of the innovation award
• 102 winners for the international trade award
• 6 winners for the promoting opportunity award
Business Secretary Greg Clark said:
“The Queen’s Awards for enterprise highlights everything that’s great about UK business today. “We have some of the best entrepreneurs and innovative minds in the world who are at the heart of small start-ups providing excellent customer service to larger businesses developing global solutions. Over one million new businesses have been created since 2010, all playing a vital role in creating jobs and driving growth across the UK. “I’m extremely proud to see such a wealth of businesses being recognised today. Through our Industrial Strategy we will be building on the successes of these award winning businesses, helping to build a stronger, more outward looking and prosperous global Britain.”
According to research by the University of Strathclyde, 73% of International Trade winners between 2012 - 2015 directly attributed increased international sales to winning a Queen’s Award for Enterprise
Entry to the 2018 Awards opens on 21 April 2017 and closes on Friday 1 September 2017. To apply and for more information, go to www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise/overview
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 30/01/2019 - What’s the difference between anti-static and ESD/ conductive flooring ?
- 09/10/2018 - Pirelli launches its own exclusive retail development and training centre
- 09/10/2018 - Factory: Kentec Electronics
- 09/10/2018 - Exmel Solutions
- 03/10/2018 - Esprit Electronics Ltd
- 03/10/2018 - Electronics manufacture: West Control Solutions
- 03/10/2018 - Eschmann Holdings, West Sussex
- 03/10/2018 - Bournemouth & Poole College of Further Education
- 16/04/2018 - Blowplast Ltd, High Wycombe
- 16/04/2018 - Ecotile working with Airbus Helicopters
- 21/09/2016 - Rolls-Royce / Ecotile Flooring
- 12/04/2016 - Industrial automation leaders improve warehouse efficiency with Ecotile
- 17/03/2016 - Winton Flooring win Kwik Fit work with Ecotile
- 16/02/2016 - Ecotile help Paxton take access control to the next level
- 14/01/2016 - Ecotile interlocking PVC floor tiles are the first choice for car dealerships
- 05/01/2016 - Middlewich Food Trays invests in Ecotile floor
- 16/11/2015 - Royal stamp of approval for UK flooring manufacturer - Ecotile
- 12/11/2015 - Ecotile: the specialist industrial flooring system deployed in mission critical applications
- 12/11/2015 - Ecotile: the flooring Hitachi Power Tools can rely on
- 12/11/2015 - Ecotile: the right pedigree for Jollyes Pet Food Superstore
- 12/11/2015 - Ecotile: specialist solutions to tough warehousing challenges
- 12/11/2015 - Ecotile Quality - Without Compromise
- 12/11/2015 - Ecotile awarded first place with honours by University of Birmingham
- 12/11/2015 - Top Safety Accreditation for Ecotile Flooring
- 29/10/2015 - PVC interlocking floor tiles