Two new play areas for Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
23 March 2009
Proludic considers landscape led design to be one of the most important aspects of a play space project. Evaluating the existing environment and applying a design sympathetic to its setting is a must in play area implementation.
This principle has been embraced by Epsom and Ewell Borough Council when recently delivering two new play areas within the borough.
Following a competitive tender process Proludic were awarded the contract to work with Epsom and Ewell to deliver both of these projects.
Rosebery Park is in the heart of Epsom town and the playground is set within a popular park setting with opportunities for freely accessible natural play. £90,000 was allocated by section 106 money to provide a much needed refurbishment of play equipment for under 9’s.
The equipment installed provided play activities that would meet this need. Challenging climbing that encouraged active participation was included. A sympathetic design ensured there was a synergy between these items of equipment and the natural elements of the park.
Poole Road Recreation Ground had a larger budget of £140,000 with £90,000 from S106 money and £50,000 through Big Lottery Funding but required equipment suitable for the under 12’s and teenagers.
For the under 12’s a Metal multiplay unit, pod swing, springers, roundabout and skyrail were installed. The teen area incorporated equipment taken from the Proludic Dynamic range. This equipment replicates sensations you might receive from extreme sports.
Since the opening of both of the play areas, the response from the community has been really positive. The Poole Road Recreation Ground opening was attended by representatives from Surrey Play, Big Lottery fund and children aged from 5 – 17.
John Vadgama, The Procurement Manager for Epsom & Ewell Borough Council said, ‘We were delighted with the end result, and more especially with the attitude of Proludic from initial design stage through to completion. They listened carefully to what we wanted, interpreted this into a winning set of designs, and then delivered the project for us on time and on budget. The Community have only one complaint – they can’t get their children out of the playground! – a first rate job and approach throughout’.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 26/11/2020 - Wonderful Bespoke Mining Themed Playgrounds
- 17/09/2020 - More than ever, the lockdown caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of outdoor spaces for everyone.
- 04/06/2020 - Delivering more than just design!
- 04/06/2020 - Proludic launches 100 Rainbows Pledge
- 10/03/2020 - The Proludic team give a big welcome to Russell
- 10/01/2020 - Proludic’s new 2020 catalogue has arrived for all your play and sport needs
- 10/04/2019 - Proludic launch exciting new leisure brochure
- 02/02/2018 - Got a New Year’s Fitness Resolution…
- 02/02/2018 - Here’s to a Great 2018
- 07/09/2017 - Introducing the new Proludic Sports App
- 16/08/2017 - Adding special FL-AIR to the Fleet Arm Museum
- 11/08/2017 - National Park Gem
- 11/08/2017 - 10 Years of Success for These Sites
- 18/07/2017 - Proludic celebrate National Children’s Day in style
- 18/07/2017 - 15 Years of Fun
- 17/11/2016 - Moving on up…Proludic Ltd expands and moves to bigger office space
- 08/11/2016 - Proludic to enable 1 million people to be more active by 2020, using outdoor fitness equipment
- 17/08/2016 - Proludic strengthen Scotland team…
- 25/07/2016 - Great Green Gyms in Knowlsey
- 21/07/2016 - Proludic Happy Snapping Campaign
- 18/03/2016 - Proludic Continues Expansion With Three New Starters
- 03/03/2016 - Proludic promotes home grown talent
- 25/01/2016 - New Products for 2016!
- 23/11/2015 - 7 Steps to a Successful Outdoor Gym
- 07/07/2015 - Your Community Can with This Girl Can and Proludic
- 06/05/2015 - Beech Grove Play Area Opens
- 27/03/2015 - Proludic Announce New Managing Director
- 20/02/2015 - New Website Launched
- 19/11/2014 - Proludic launch new and improved funding guide!
- 14/10/2014 - Playground Safety- Back to Basics
- 26/06/2014 - Proludic inspires imagination with new themed play range
- 15/05/2014 - Cropton Park adds Fitness with Fun
- 15/05/2014 - Markeaton Park Creates Waves of Success for Proludic
- 16/08/2013 - Fields in Trust ‘Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge’ – an Olympic Legacy Success
- 16/08/2013 - Children Should Have the Right to Play
- 16/08/2013 - Let’s get Adults Exercising Again
- 12/09/2011 - Proludic launches ‘SOCIAL FITNESS’ campaign backed by Olympians Steve Backley and Roger Black
- 28/03/2011 - Proludic Launch FREE Funding and Community Engagement Guide!
- 04/11/2010 - Pease Park - Wakefield
- 14/09/2010 - Proludic strike 'Gold' at IOG Saltex
- 10/05/2010 - Smile, it’s Fitz Park!
- 20/01/2010 - Proludic appoint head of special projects
- 02/10/2009 - Ludic’ Area from Proludic - The future of Adventure Play
- 26/08/2009 - Proludic revamp Marmian Park
- 22/06/2009 - Risk and Challenge for Playbuilder Play Areas
- 21/04/2009 - Proludic playful landscapes
- 24/02/2009 - David Lloyd keeping fit with Proludic kit
- 24/02/2009 - Proludic hands on with Willoughby playground project
- 18/02/2009 - Proludic gets playful with Awsworth Parish Council
- 24/11/2008 - Building Dreams through Public Consultation
- 20/10/2008 - From Shed to Tree: The Business that Grew out of Fun
- 08/10/2008 - Discover the Benefits of Child's Play
- 08/10/2008 - Case Study for the £300,000 Revamp of Children's Park