Witt appoints new service technician
27 March 2009
Witt, the gas safety, control, mixing and analysis equipment supplier, has appointed Hugh McKenzie (47) as Service Technician, responsible for the servicing and installation of all Witt products.
Hugh, who will be based at Witts’ Warrington offices, comes from a leading electrical contractor, where he was an electrician carrying out industrial product installations and repairs. Previously he was a Postman for Royal Mail for over 20 years, but decided on a major career change and re-trained at night school in Warrington, to be a fully qualified electrician. He is now a JIB (Joint Industry Board) recognised Electrician having first achieved his City & Guilds, level 2 and 3 qualifications and spent over 2 years as an electrician in industry obtaining his NYQ level 3.
Hugh said: “After 20 years with the Post Office, I needed a challenge and a complete career change was my answer. It took over 4 years at night school and a lot of hard work to become a fully qualified electrician and now this appointment gives me greater opportunities to take my career on further. I knew about Witt products before applying for the position, as Craig Tocher from Witt was studying at the same college as myself.”
Carl Long, General Manager at Witt said: “ I was impressed by the work and dedication Hugh has put in over the last few years since leaving the Post Office to become a qualified electrician. The experience he has gained in industry over the last two years is very impressive and he will be a valuable asset to the Service Team at Witt.”
Hugh lives in Warrington and is married with a boy and a girl. He lists freshwater fishing and photography as his outside interests.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/03/2021 - International standard OPC-UA makes it possible
- 28/10/2015 - Gas technology app now with inert gas advisor
- 16/04/2015 - Optical measurement of oxygen in packaging
- 16/04/2015 - "Leak-Master Mapmax" for controlling packaging integrity
- 30/06/2014 - Most Powerful 3-Inch Dome Pressure Regulator
- 17/01/2014 - Package leak testing
- 07/06/2013 - Quality control: Mobile gas analysis for pressure lines
- 12/04/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 05/04/2013 - Safety for propylene applications
- 11/01/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 20/09/2012 - High pressure constancy for aggressive and corrosive gases New stainless steel pressure regulator
- 03/07/2012 - Gas mixer for "Pieter Schelte"
- 26/04/2012 - Performance Boost for Pressure Regulators
- 27/04/2010 - Witt Industrial Gas Mixing Systems
- 09/04/2010 - Witts' new Hydrobaby measures moisture in gases and compressed air
- 31/03/2010 - Witts' solutions for packaging leak detection and gas analysis at Total 2010
- 08/01/2010 - Witts' solutions at Total Processing & Packaging
- 07/01/2010 - Witt Gas Mixers provide synthetic air for medical applications
- 04/01/2010 - Witt launch new CO² warning device
- 04/12/2009 - New Flashback Arrestor from Witt offers 11 bar protection
- 07/10/2009 - Leaks in packages? Don't get caught out!
- 01/09/2009 - Witts' Gas Flushing Unit with new sensor for food industry reduces gas consumption
- 03/08/2009 - Intelligent gas mixing from WITT helps electronic component manufacturing
- 10/07/2009 - "3 in 1" version of Gas Mixer now available from Witt
- 22/06/2009 - Burn out safety up to 240 bar with Witt Non-Return Valve
- 08/06/2009 - Red Dot award for Witts' multifunction Gas Analyser
- 22/05/2009 - Witt Flashback Arrestors now available for Ethylene
- 19/05/2009 - Witts' key to safety
- 11/05/2009 - Witt to introduce new products at PPMA 2009
- 18/03/2009 - OXYBABY® 6.0 - a new generation of Gas Analysers from Witt
- 08/01/2009 - WITT returns to PRO2PAC 2009
- 02/12/2008 - Witt High Purity Filters Maximise Purity of Gas
- 25/11/2008 - Could Synthetic Air Save Lives?
- 24/11/2008 - Witt Switch-Over Unit Provides Continuous Gas Supply
- 01/08/2008 - Cobalt and Witt Unite
- 19/02/2008 - MAPY 4.0 – A NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL GAS ANALYSER