National Park Gem
11 August 2017
Rothay Park is a popular park situated in the centre of Ambleside, surrounded by dramatic landscape that offers a gateway to some of the most beautiful fells in the Lake District.
The park provides lots of opportunities for play and relaxation for both residents and visitors of all ages and abilities, from a full-size football pitch and children’s play area to picnic benches, large grassed areas and natural rock outcrops.
In December 2015, Storm Desmond had a devastating effect, flooding and causing critical damage to the play area. This meant that South Lakeland District Council not only needed to refurbish the paly facilities but also move them to a new area of the park. Design was a key consideration as equipment had to fit into the beautiful surroundings but also provide the durability required to stand up to the elements.
Proludic worked in partnership with South Lakeland to deliver a stunning refurbishment project that shaped a destination park to be proud of.
The project immediately inspired Proludic’s designers, finding inspiration from the surrounding architecture such as the Church. Using some of the shapes and colours throughout for a design led approach.
Further consultation with the local primary school gave Proludic even more ideas. It was through the school consultation that Proludic discovered that they used the park during curriculum time for classrooms within the wooded areas. An outdoor classroom and seating area was created for them so they could take advantage of the amazing surroundings and learn about the wildlife in the park.
Rothay Park is now a Jungle adventure that is exciting and allows children to use their imagination to create their own stories.
South Lakeland District Council commented:
“Proludic’s design blew us away, we had never had such a landslide agreement when awarding a project! Proludic worked in partnership with the council really listening to our needs, the public couldn’t be any happier as neither can we!”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/08/2017 - Adding special FL-AIR to the Fleet Arm Museum
- 11/08/2017 - 10 Years of Success for These Sites
- 18/07/2017 - Proludic celebrate National Children’s Day in style
- 18/07/2017 - 15 Years of Fun
- 17/11/2016 - Moving on up…Proludic Ltd expands and moves to bigger office space
- 08/11/2016 - Proludic to enable 1 million people to be more active by 2020, using outdoor fitness equipment
- 17/08/2016 - Proludic strengthen Scotland team…
- 25/07/2016 - Great Green Gyms in Knowlsey
- 21/07/2016 - Proludic Happy Snapping Campaign
- 18/03/2016 - Proludic Continues Expansion With Three New Starters
- 03/03/2016 - Proludic promotes home grown talent
- 25/01/2016 - New Products for 2016!
- 23/11/2015 - 7 Steps to a Successful Outdoor Gym
- 07/07/2015 - Your Community Can with This Girl Can and Proludic
- 06/05/2015 - Beech Grove Play Area Opens
- 27/03/2015 - Proludic Announce New Managing Director
- 20/02/2015 - New Website Launched
- 19/11/2014 - Proludic launch new and improved funding guide!
- 14/10/2014 - Playground Safety- Back to Basics
- 26/06/2014 - Proludic inspires imagination with new themed play range
- 15/05/2014 - Cropton Park adds Fitness with Fun
- 15/05/2014 - Markeaton Park Creates Waves of Success for Proludic
- 16/08/2013 - Fields in Trust ‘Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge’ – an Olympic Legacy Success
- 16/08/2013 - Children Should Have the Right to Play
- 16/08/2013 - Let’s get Adults Exercising Again
- 12/09/2011 - Proludic launches ‘SOCIAL FITNESS’ campaign backed by Olympians Steve Backley and Roger Black
- 28/03/2011 - Proludic Launch FREE Funding and Community Engagement Guide!
- 04/11/2010 - Pease Park - Wakefield
- 14/09/2010 - Proludic strike 'Gold' at IOG Saltex
- 10/05/2010 - Smile, it’s Fitz Park!
- 20/01/2010 - Proludic appoint head of special projects
- 02/10/2009 - Ludic’ Area from Proludic - The future of Adventure Play
- 26/08/2009 - Proludic revamp Marmian Park
- 22/06/2009 - Risk and Challenge for Playbuilder Play Areas
- 21/04/2009 - Proludic playful landscapes
- 23/03/2009 - Two new play areas for Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
- 24/02/2009 - David Lloyd keeping fit with Proludic kit
- 24/02/2009 - Proludic hands on with Willoughby playground project
- 18/02/2009 - Proludic gets playful with Awsworth Parish Council
- 24/11/2008 - Building Dreams through Public Consultation
- 20/10/2008 - From Shed to Tree: The Business that Grew out of Fun
- 08/10/2008 - Discover the Benefits of Child's Play
- 08/10/2008 - Case Study for the £300,000 Revamp of Children's Park