Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
27 March 2009
With six independently controlled current outputs, the new FREJA 306 protection relay test set from Megger provides an easy to use and economical solution for testing protection relays, including differential types.
To further enhance its versatility, the FREJA 306 features extended Hi Current outputs, rugged construction and a wide operating temperature range, making it ideal for field use.
The FREJA 306 test set is suitable for use as a standalone device, or in conjunction with a PC running the powerful FREJA WIN software package. In either case, the operation of the instrument is straightforward and intuitive, with FREJA WIN adding the benefits of a highly intuitive graphical user interface, as well as enhanced options for automated testing.
The outputs of the FREJA 306 can be configured as 3 x 15 A plus 3 x 35 A, or as 1 x 100 A. The outputs with a 35 A rating are particularly useful when testing 5 A relays, while the capability of these outputs for generating up to 50 V facilitates the testing of many types of electromechanical relay. The FREJA 306 also provides both low-level analogue inputs, which are designed for transducer measurements, and high-level inputs for normal voltage and current measurements.
Static and dynamic tests can be performed with the instrument including, for example, pre-fault and fault generation, simultaneous ramping of multiple quantities and waveform editing. The FREJA 306 can also be used, in conjunction with FREJA SIM software, as a disturbance simulator with the capability of importing recorded disturbances.
The new FREJA 306 complements the existing and very popular FREJA 300 protective relay test set, which will continue to be available. In addition, users of FREJA 300 instruments can upgrade them at any time to the full FREJA 306 specification simply by adding an auxiliary CA30 amplifier module that attaches easily and neatly to the bottom of the existing instrument.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth