There need be only one!
09 February 2018
One Sensor, two Signals: Rotational Speed Sensor with an integrated Temperature SensorM8-rotational speed sensors and ABZ sensors from RHEINTACHO detect temperature additionally.
With both above mentioned speed sensor series, RHEINTACHO is beginning to integrate temperature recording in addition to rotational speed measurement. Further sensor series are now being developed. And with the ABZ-sensor, RHEINTACHO is even going a step further: the recording of rotational direction and position are also included.
For recording temperature, an NTC temperature element with the following specifications is used:
± 1,5 °C above the total operating range, NTC 4.7 kOhm, ±1 % @ R25; B25/85-value: 3830 K. Recording can of course be application/customer-specific in combination with other components.
Depending on the application, the evaluation of the temperature signal has to be adapted to the differing installation conditions. In hydraulic applications, the homogenizing effect is supported by the hydraulic fluid. In electro-motors, the use of a temperature signal side in a speed sensor requires significantly more adaptation as the installation position has very different ambient conditions from the common installation position of the temperature sensor.
The indisputable advantage of being able to call up several parameters at the same time is still actual. The cost advantages are complex and are not only limited to the installation costs, but also do not include requiring further sensor access gates.
The advantages are obvious:
- Material costs: one complete sensor with its own electronics, own housing and connection interface are saved.
- Installation effort: complete elimination of one installation process
- Design simplification: Saving an additional sensor access including all possible side effects like improving design freedom and reducing leakage opportunity.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 03/08/2018 - RT STROBE pocketLED Laser – the Stroboscope with Integrated Laser Synchronization
- 10/07/2018 - “We calculate without wear”
- 07/06/2018 - 4 black aces for your speed detection
- 23/05/2018 - The RHEINTACHO “Black box” Or: Measuring infinite light
- 24/04/2018 - From Death Valley to Antarctica in 30 Seconds
- 21/03/2018 - Rheintacho Group - The success story goes on!
- 26/10/2017 - Rheintachos October 2017
- 07/09/2017 - Application-Report - Turbine Test Rig
- 16/08/2017 - Application-Report - Quality Control of Measuring Devices for Clinical Diagnostics
- 18/07/2017 - To the point! 14.7 mm Rotational Speed Sensor with PWM Signal
- 29/06/2017 - Application Report - Paper Production
- 12/05/2017 - Application-Report - Highest Precision Under High Pressure
- 05/05/2017 - The RHEINTACHO Group is expanding
- 23/03/2017 - Rheintacho awarded at HazardEx Show
- 27/02/2017 - Application-Report - Setting up a Prototype Test Rig for Tacho generators
- 25/01/2017 - Digital hand-tachometers and ATEX certified devices from RHEINTACHO
- 17/01/2017 - RHEINTACHO strengthens marketing department
- 13/10/2016 - ATEX Certified system for stationary strobe
- 11/08/2016 - A world’s first: Portable stroboscope RT STROBE super qbLED with auto-sync laser function
- 20/07/2016 - Rheintacho supports TU Darmstadt racing team
- 14/08/2015 - Measurement in potentially explosive areas - ATEX approved Mechanical Hand-Tachometer
- 30/07/2015 - Measurement in potentially explosive areas - ATEX approved Mechanical Hand-Tachometer
- 13/10/2014 - ATEX approved Mechanical Handheld Tachometer
- 31/07/2014 - A new name for Foundrometers Instrumentation Limited
- 03/04/2014 - Reliable Wire Speed Measuring for Welders
- 10/02/2014 - Foundrometers Instrumentation launch a new Mechanical Hand-Tachometer