Kitchen TVs to the Rescue as World Cup Kick-Off Approaches
13 June 2018
Spare TV in the kitchen helps families avoid World Cup clashes of their own according to Häfele survey
Love it or loathe it, for the next couple of months there’ll be no escaping it; the 2018 World Cup is almost upon us, ready to polarise the nation’s TV opinions once again.
More than 20 million UK viewers tuned in at home four years ago and there’s no doubt that the tournament will be dominating the airwaves again this year.
While that may be great news for football fans, it’s likely to lead to disagreements in households where not everyone’s as passionate about the beautiful game.
The good news is that arguments over who watches the TV are less likely to kick-off in homes across the nation during this year’s tournament. That’s because nearly a fifth of households are using their kitchen as a second TV room, giving both fans and non-fans the chance to relax in front of a good-sized screen. In fact, research by furniture fittings and architectural hardware specialist Häfele, reveals that 18% of respondents watch the spare TV in the kitchen at least three times a week - because they don’t want to watch what’s on the main screen.
For those choosing to settle down in front of the kitchen TV there is no longer a sense of this being the second-best option.
Today’s kitchens have a very different feel, geared towards sociability and comfort rather than just a functional space for cooking and eating meals. Indeed, the Häfele survey reveals that, for many households, the kitchen is now a space that enjoys a wide variety of uses:
- Three in ten respondents use it to do household admin at least three times a week
- A quarter consider it as the perfect place to catch up on some reading
- Just over one in 10 (13%) use it as a space to exercise.
“The increasing versatility of kitchens means they now have the potential to be all things to all people. And with the World Cup approaching, this refuge will be a perfect space to either catch – or avoid – the big match.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 23/11/2018 - Häfele teams up with Regal Kitchens and Vauth Sagel for student workshop
- 25/10/2018 - Duncan Haley Appointed as Northern Area Sales Manager for Bowers Group
- 25/10/2018 - Häfele Partners with Gorenje to Introduce Capsule Appliance Collection
- 15/10/2018 - Häfele Introduces New Minerva Ice Blue Worktop
- 02/10/2018 - Häfele Introduces Waste Boss Duo Pull Out Bin
- 25/09/2018 - Häfele signals What’s New with launch of new trade and consumer focused product guide
- 23/08/2018 - Häfele Launches Three Year Partnership Deal with Leicester Tigers Wheelchair Rugby Team
- 19/07/2018 - Research reveals UK homeowners failing to fight the dust
- 04/06/2018 - Häfele hosts fourth annual Studio Partner Awards
- 10/05/2018 - Häfele to host fourth annual Studio Partner Awards
- 24/04/2018 - Exceptional water quality - with none of the problems of plastic
- 18/04/2018 - Häfele opens new Design Partner showroom in Daro
- 06/04/2018 - Häfele launches latest edition of go-to reference guide ‘The Complete Häfele Furniture Fittings Technology’
- 20/02/2018 - Häfele Thinking Ahead at KBB 2018: First Look
- 08/02/2018 - 2018 Trend: Go For Gold
- 07/02/2018 - Watch Your Waste
- 07/02/2018 - Satisfaction Guaranteed
- 19/12/2017 - Häfele UK Helps Make Wishes Come True This Christmas
- 20/11/2017 - Häfele brings the heat with Grohe Red 2.0
- 02/11/2017 - Gobblebox: Nearly 1 in 3 UK adults eats in front of the TV every night
- 24/10/2017 - Häfele extends taps portfolio with Grohe Essence Professional
- 23/10/2017 - Häfele identifies the biggest trends from 100% Design
- 15/09/2017 - One in three of us would lavish a windfall on our kitchen
- 01/09/2017 - Kitchen jealousy and garden envy
- 11/10/2011 - Access for All
- 11/10/2011 - VuPlex
- 11/10/2011 - Into the Mist
- 27/07/2011 - Access for All
- 27/07/2011 - Slide Away…
- 27/07/2011 - Access Control
- 27/07/2011 - Hafele bring Design to the Bedroom
- 27/07/2011 - Storage Functionality
- 22/07/2011 - Hafele optimise kitchen storage space