Grimaldi House combats limescale with Splendid Little Plumber
08 May 2009
3 months on from installation, immersion heaters at the Grimaldi Agencies headquarters in St. James' Square, are still running limescale free.
Grimaldi House have had installed, a 150-litre tank, non-ventilated hot water cylinder running at 4.5 bars of pressure to heat all the water in the entire premises. The water is heated by two electric immersion heaters which are running 24 hours a day. All might have been well if St. James' Square was in a soft water area, however the water supply is unfortunately very hard.
The hard water caused such limescale precipitation on the immersion heaters that they had to be changed every week as they quickly became encrusted. This layer of limescale not only increased the overall usage of electricity, as the scale was preventing the heat transferring into the water, but in addition, caused the elements to fail regularly.
Banyards Ltd, of Brune Street in London, who are responsible for the maintenance of the hot water systems in Grimaldi House, asked Splendid Products Ltd, to advise on a simple method of solving the problem, which was in fact becoming something of a costly nightmare.
Splendid Products supplied an LP4 electronic water conditioner, which was fitted by Banyards and now over three months having elapsed there have been no problems at all, which is a huge saving in terms of downtime and energy. The LP4 costs around £3.00 a year to run and requires no maintenance once fitted.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 21/09/2018 - Little Plumber SOLOLP2
- 23/02/2018 - Green Lightning Pack
- 31/10/2017 - Get soft water and help reduce CO2
- 22/09/2016 - Water softeners and descallers
- 05/02/2016 - New little plumber LP2 unit
- 22/07/2014 - Little Plumber LP3 still performing well after 8 years at Hospital Metalcraft of Blandford Forum in Dorset.
- 22/07/2014 - Global Warming... Well is it or isn’t it?
- 22/07/2014 - FREE Energy Saving Device
- 22/07/2014 - Barak Obama Amongst Others has Called for a Worldwide Effort to Reduce Global Warming.
- 22/07/2014 - A Decade of Hard Water Treatment
- 17/03/2014 - The new LP2+ from Little Plumber
- 25/10/2013 - Electronic Water Softener
- 02/08/2012 - Little Plumber reduces energy costs
- 20/02/2012 - Little Plumber celebrates decade of hard water treatment
- 05/07/2011 - Electronic water descaler vs Ion Exchange water softener
- 07/02/2011 - Little Plumbers' small world of steam room generator maintenance
- 04/02/2011 - Little Plumber keeps steam generator limescale free
- 17/11/2010 - Little Plumber admitted to hospital
- 15/11/2010 - Little Plumbers receive a make-over
- 15/11/2010 - Little Plumbers in good health at Hospital Metalcraft
- 12/11/2010 - Little Plumbers' positive steps in reducing global warming
- 12/11/2010 - De Vere all steamed up with Little Plumber
- 08/02/2010 - Soft water or hard water and what exactly is the difference?
- 24/11/2009 - Splendid relief for Eczema and Psoriasis sufferers
- 21/09/2009 - Winter weather is all about energy conservation
- 22/07/2009 - So how do you know if your hard water needs a Little Plumber?
- 22/04/2009 - The Darling buds of Earth day
- 12/03/2009 - Chalk landmarks mean hard water
- 06/03/2009 - Electronic Water Conditioners battle with Energy Saving trust
- 28/01/2009 - Saving energy the easy way
- 19/01/2009 - Eczema and Psoriasis sufferers benefit from Electronic Hard Water Conditioners