Mayor opens refurbished Stocksigns premises
15 May 2009
Councilor Roger Newstead, mayor of Reigate and Banstead, officially opened the refurbished premises of local company Stocksigns on Thursday 7th May.
Stocksigns employs 85 people and has been manufacturing signs for 55 years on the Holmethorpe Industrial Estate in Redhill. Over the years Stocksigns has grown from 1 small industrial unit to the 7 units it now occupies, much of which has just enjoyed a makeover and refurbishment.
Stocksigns’ holding company has been able to invest £550K in Stocksigns’ buildings for the future. The refurbishment included a modern façade and entrance to the main building at 43 Ormside Way .The roof has been over sheeted and 180mm of insulation added to bring the roof up to 2010 standards of thermal efficiency, as well as much improved facilities for staff including a new kitchen and showers. Also, as part of the project landscaping has begun on some waste land, gained as part of Stocksigns expansion. This area to the side of the building is in the process of being landscaped to provide an exterior relaxation area for staff. This area is also going to include a small allotment for staff to grow their own fruit and vegetables.
“We are very proud of this investment in our buildings for Stocksigns’ future particularly in light of the current economic climate and that good news is in short supply” said George Pitt, Stocksigns Chairman.
Customers and suppliers joined staff and other VIPs including Stephen Arthurell, architect and key staff from Fileturn Ltd the main contractors in a ribbon cutting ceremony by the Mayor. After which they took a company tour and had the opportunity of making their own commemorative signs.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/04/2021 - Create Your Own Sign
- 13/04/2021 - Construction
- 13/04/2021 - Traffic & Car Park Signs
- 26/02/2021 - CE Certified Road Traffic Signs
- 02/02/2021 - New Construction Range
- 02/02/2021 - Triple ISO Certification
- 02/02/2021 - A sign of the times for 2020
- 17/09/2020 - Surrey 3 Peaks Challenge
- 14/07/2020 - Essential signs for your Coronavirus Measures
- 15/06/2020 - RISQS – New Accreditation for Stocksigns Ltd
- 04/06/2020 - COVID-19: 10 Top Tips from The Lucy Rayner Foundation looking after your mental health
- 04/06/2020 - Health & Safety Refresher: Hazard Signage
- 08/11/2016 - How to get your car park signage right first time
- 19/10/2016 - Stocksigns Welcomes New Group Managing Director
- 25/04/2014 - BS EN ISO7010 – Official Advice from the HSSA
- 20/02/2014 - Stocksigns embraces creative station design.
- 07/11/2013 - Burnham Signs Continues to Shine
- 03/12/2012 - Stocksigns Announces New Sales & Marketing Director
- 03/10/2011 - Stocksigns acquires LED Sign Manufacturer
- 20/04/2011 - Being Green is Good for Charity as well as the Environment
- 26/01/2011 - Stocksigns and Links Signs Create ‘One Stop’ Sign Shop for Rail
- 25/11/2010 - How to use school signs as teaching aids
- 09/11/2010 - Latest Schools signs catalogue launched by Stocksigns
- 12/09/2010 - Gatwick Airport features large format digital print displays from Stocksigns
- 20/07/2010 - A Simple Solution to Fire Safety in Remote Areas – Stocksigns New Air Horn Fire Safety Sign
- 28/04/2010 - A return to the European Catalogue Awards for Stocksigns
- 22/04/2010 - Stocksigns on the Right Track!
- 06/04/2010 - Stocksigns - a new partnership - one year on
- 12/03/2010 - DDA Signage Solutions for Surface Rail.
- 20/07/2009 - Stocksigns highlight safety at Westfield Shopping Centre
- 15/07/2009 - Stocksigns help lorry drivers have a safer drive
- 07/07/2009 - Stocksigns bring complete signage solutions
- 04/03/2009 - Stocksigns announced as new RoSPA safety partner
- 19/11/2008 - New Wood Lane Underground Station