Motor protection PTCs for thermal cut-outs
10 June 2009
The New SPMP PTC Thermistors from ATC Semitec are available in trip temperatures from 60°c to 190°c and are DIN 44081 industry standard compliant.
The small PTC bead is protected with epoxy resin and a shrink sleeve. The sensing head is only 4mm in diameter and gives a fast thermal response of less than 5 seconds. The standard version has 200mm long 26AWG PTFE leads with longer leads, triplet versions (to DIN 44082) and various mounting options are also available.
Although primarily designed for electric motor protection, these small PTC sensors offer a very neat solution to numerous electrical and electronic circuits that require a simple step-function response to an over-temperature condition.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 09/06/2017 - Which Temperature Sensor Fits Best?
- 13/02/2015 - New Small Body 15A Rated Thermal Fuses
- 12/12/2014 - Competitive Disc Thermostats
- 12/12/2014 - High Temperature Thermal Fuses
- 12/12/2014 - Boiler Temperature Sensors
- 12/12/2014 - New Small Body 15A Rated Thermal Fuses
- 07/11/2011 - Frost Thermostat Protection of Water Pipes
- 03/11/2011 - Low-Profile Thermal Fuses
- 11/05/2011 - Interchangeable (RT Curve-Matched) NTC Thermistors from ATC
- 12/11/2010 - Anti condensation Thermostats from ATC
- 11/11/2010 - ATCs' SMD PTC Thermistors for circuit protection
- 01/10/2010 - Off-the-shelf Thermal Cut-Outs from ATC
- 08/07/2010 - Lighting Controls Protection
- 03/06/2010 - Multi-purpose temperature sensors from ATC Semitec
- 12/05/2010 - One-Shot Bimetal Thermal Fuses from ATC
- 08/02/2010 - ATC offers high temperature precision thermostats
- 11/06/2009 - Pipe-mount Disc Thermostats from ATC Semitec
- 11/03/2009 - ATC Semitecs' PTC Thermistors for circuit protection
- 11/11/2008 - New SOT Package for Semitec CRDs
- 05/11/2008 - New SOT Package for Semitec CRDs
- 24/09/2008 - Improved UPS System Monitor
- 07/02/2008 - IP68 rated Temperature Sensors
- 19/10/2007 - FMicro NTC Thermistor Sensors - Catheter / medical applications
- 26/07/2007 - IP64 rated de-frost / anti-waxing Thermostats
- 09/05/2007 - Flexible disc thermostats
- 28/02/2007 - New D6X combined thermal fuse / resistor