DED PAWRS for thought
15 June 2009
Star Micronics TSP800 and CardExchange Software selected to print all PAWRS Delegate Badges.
In a drive to introduce a more efficient ticketing system, Winchester based organisers of the Plant & Waste Recycling Show (PAWRS) have standardised on the Star Micronics TSP800 and CardExchange Professional database/print application from DED Limited. With over 6000 delegates attending the annual PAWRS conference held in Paignton, Devon, the TSP800 is being used to print all visitor and exhibitor entry badges, whilst the CardExchange software is being used to manage the delegate database.
Choosing the TSP800 due to its print speed and ease of use, the TSP800 was also selected for the quality of print it provided. Taking full advantage of features available on the TSP800, PAWRS chose to use a slightly heavier than usual paper stock to print the badges on. They also chose to get all their paper stock pre-printed with the show logo and contact information in full colour – another service that DED can provide to give tickets and badges a more professional looking finish.
Sophie Lipscombe, Executive Administrator at PAWRS commented “we chose the TSP800 and CardExchange software as they worked easily with our standard Excel database to get the information required onto each badge without any fuss.”
Each exhibitor entry badge for the PAWRS show also features a unique bar code. Using this barcode, the organisers are able to scan visitor badges to monitor which entrance they came through and which sections of the exhibition they attended. This information can then be easily exported back into Excel for use at a later date if necessary.
The TSP800 is a very fast thermal barcode, label, receipt and ticket printer which features a unique paper width of 112mm wide on papers of up to 150gsm in weight and all in a printer only 180mm wide! Without any software changes, the unique scalable Raster drivers allows the TSP800 to print pages which are scaled down from A4 to A6 and still be perfectly readable, making it ideal for use as a compact internet printer or even as a kiosk printer.
The TSP800 uses Star's simple "Drop-In & Print" paper loading feature and can accept paper rolls of various widths. An external paper feed path for large diameter and fanfold tickets is standard. Interfacing is no problem thanks to ESC/POS (including "Super Large" 40 column mode), DP8340 emulation mode and the traditional Star mode. The TSP800 has a host of extra features including two colour printing, wall and desk mount brackets, interchangeable interfaces and drivers for most operating systems.
CardExchange provides a powerful yet cost effective solution which allows government agencies, universities, corporations, as well as small businesses to issue high-quality badges or plastic cards. With powerful filters to manage and manipulate databases effectively, it can also be used to print directly to any Windows printer. Database support ranges from a simple .csv file import to multiple simultaneous connections to MS Excel, MS Access, Paradox, MySQL, SQL and more.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 07/12/2015 - A New Edge in Barcode Reading – DED Enter Partnership Agreement with Newland-ID
- 14/08/2015 - DED Ltd Prepares For Growth
- 07/07/2015 - DED Ltd Prepares For Growth
- 01/05/2015 - Going Wild!
- 12/02/2015 - Food For Thought - The Jamie Oliver Group Choose to Support Breast Cancer Research with the Datacard SD260 ID Card Printer
- 11/06/2014 - Mobile Point of Sale (MPOS)
- 24/05/2013 - Ergonomic Solutions and DED Limited Sign Distribution Agreement
- 12/04/2013 - Going for Gold!
- 10/04/2013 - Eye On The Ball
- 11/03/2013 - Just What the Doctor Ordered
- 22/01/2013 - DED at the Retail Business Technology Expo 2013
- 22/01/2013 - Supporting A Worthy Cause
- 09/01/2013 - A Perfect Score!
- 20/09/2012 - Lottery Winner!
- 16/05/2012 - The Ultimate Card Printer
- 12/03/2012 - DED Ltd Announces Distribution Agreement with Evolis
- 21/02/2012 - Touch n’ Go
- 09/11/2011 - That’s Entertainment!
- 10/08/2011 - Kiosk London EXPO 19th – 20th October 2011 DED Limited, Stand Number 6
- 27/07/2011 - Fast Learners!
- 18/05/2011 - Small but Perfectly Formed
- 04/05/2011 - Mobile Printing with Star Portable Printers from DED
- 19/04/2011 - Trip the Light Fantastic!
- 22/02/2011 - Compact and Easy to Integrate – the Axiohm KP Series of Kiosk Printers from DED Limited
- 18/10/2010 - CEX Specify Hardware from DED in all their Retail Outlets
- 14/12/2009 - DED launch Nippon kiosk printer
- 24/11/2009 - New Zebra ZXP Series 8 Re-transfer Card Printer from DED
- 09/11/2009 - Read all about it
- 16/10/2009 - Right on Queue
- 14/10/2009 - A colourful story from DED
- 18/09/2009 - Compact & fan free touch screen terminals from DED
- 24/08/2009 - DEDicated to Printing on thick paper
- 14/08/2009 - The Star Micronics TSP700II Printer from DED enables high speed visitor passes
- 27/07/2009 - DED launch environmentally friendly ID cards and accessories
- 13/07/2009 - Bureau printing from DED
- 01/07/2009 - Cyclone Industries select the Posiflex JIVA 5815 from DED
- 26/05/2009 - Sens' n Print eco-friendly ticket solutions from DED
- 11/05/2009 - The Axiohm KMGA Kiosk Printer from DED
- 07/05/2009 - Quick cards with QuickCard from Zebra
- 27/04/2009 - Intellident Selects Star Micronics TUP900
- 03/04/2009 - Zebra prints fridge magnets for Zoo Animal Adoption Programme
- 25/03/2009 - DED to exhibit Zebra at IFSEC
- 23/03/2009 - New Slimline Kiosk Printer Option from DED
- 02/03/2009 - DED ID Cards secure Hempstead House Hotel
- 12/12/2008 - The NP3511-JP and NP3411-JB Kiosk Printers from DED
- 08/12/2008 - Retainagroup Combat Car Theft with the Help of DED
- 17/11/2008 - Game, Set & Match for Posiflex Terminals
- 10/11/2008 - Security Options for Zebra, P330i and P430i Printers
- 01/09/2008 - DED launches New PoS Touchscreens
- 29/08/2008 - DED Offer the Complete EPoS Hardware Solution with DEDPoS Retail