RA Rodriguez takes a stand at DESi 2009
22 June 2009
For more than 30 years, RA Rodriguez worldwide has been providing full engineering expertise to military and aerospace companies. This expertise will be on show at DSEi (Defence Systems & Equipment International) 2009.
Indeed the RA Rodriguez bearing products are fitted to a huge range of military and aircraft applications including many spacecraft. They are also used in many associated leading edge technologies such as optical sighting systems and laser range finding.
Central to its range are the KAYDON® Reali-Slim bearings, ideal for applications where space is at a premium and weight needs to be minimised. These bearings are available in both Imperial and metric ranges and in different radial sections up to 1m diameter from stock. Turntable bearings are a KAYDON® speciality. There is a series to suit every need from light to extreme heavy duty. There is also a Reali-Slim® version of this range too offering the benefits of small size and minimum weight.
The success of equipment designed for use in special applications can often rest with one or a combination of bearing features and that’s where KAYDON® custom bearings score highly. Manufactured and tested to the highest quality standards, special attention is paid to balls, bearing raceway geometry, finish and retainer design resulting in optimum bearing performance.
In recognition of its quality products and processes the KAYDON® Bearings Division holds the prestigious Bell Helicopter Premier Supplier Award. Only AS9100 certified suppliers can qualify for this award and the winner must have maintained the consistent delivery of quality-assured products at a minimum frequency rate of 98%. The helicopter sector is a prime market for the KAYDON® custom-engineering and performance critical bearings. Typical examples are rotor mast and swashplate bearings. The swashplate is a device that translates the pilot's commands via the helicopter flight controls into motion of the main rotor blades.
Following KAYDON®’s acquisition of Avon Bearings, R. A. Rodriguez is now also responsible for the ‘local’ marketing of one of the world’s most comprehensive ranges of slewing ring, turntable and advanced custom bearings. These products are used in a range of industries but typically in systems for the renewable energy, medical, mining, construction and military sectors. KAYDON® is now able to produce bearings with an outside diameter of over 6m using the most modern facilities and equipment in the industry. The companys' investment in flexible manufacturing also allows RA Rodriguez to supply small quantities at an economical price.
The RA Rodriguez range can be seen on stand 1449 at DSEi, ExCeL, London from 8th - 11th September.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 26/01/2010 - Rodriguez appoints military & aerospace specialist
- 17/12/2009 - All Slewing Ring Bearings great and small
- 01/12/2009 - Robot helps glass maker to keep prices keen
- 30/10/2009 - Rodriguez introduces new gear products
- 22/10/2009 - Economical, flexible robot found after ten year search
- 07/10/2009 - Compact Slide System delivers long term reliability for PCS
- 13/08/2009 - EasyLINE Linear Motion package for clean room applications
- 04/08/2009 - Linear actuation for Turbo Compressors
- 24/07/2009 - Component Palletisers demonstrate IEF Werners' expertise
- 09/07/2009 - New compact geared motor with double brake from RA Rodriguez
- 21/05/2009 - New catalogue details expanded range from RA Rodriguez
- 21/05/2009 - Smaller Module Gears from RA Rodriguez
- 27/04/2009 - Power Transmission takes the stage
- 09/04/2009 - Simple, flexible and highly economical Robotic Arm
- 31/03/2009 - Space saving bearing for compact machine tool
- 26/02/2009 - New motor driven linear Actuator from RA Rodriguez
- 05/02/2009 - Slewing ring and turntable bearing catalogue boasts enhanced KAYDON® product range
- 07/02/2008 - MACHINE BUILDING 2008, 13th and 14th February, NEC
- 05/02/2008 - HIGH PRECISION SPIRAL BEVEL GEARS
- 05/02/2008 - COMPACT GEARED MOTOR ROTARY ACTUATORS
- 05/02/2008 - EASY-FIT COMPACT LINEAR GUIDEWAY
- 05/02/2008 - COMPACT AND MODULAR LINEAR ACTUATOR