New compact geared motor with double brake from RA Rodriguez
09 July 2009
The Compacta slip-on geared motors, manufactured by Framo Morat and distributed in the UK by R. A. Rodriguez, are ideal for repeatable positioning and reversing tasks in stage technology.
Their power to weight ratio is extremely high. They are also lightweight, quiet running and exceptionally reliable and the designs' integral and easily adjustable mechanical limit switch contributes to the products' exceptional flexibility.
The Compacta AG60 and MR30 models are now available with a double brake to meet the industrys' stringent safety standards. These products are ideal for powering the movement of stage curtains, lighting and stage elements. As its name suggests Compacta is ideal where space is at a premium. Its smaller dimensions and the low weight are achieved by the use of a spur and worm gear transmission combined with performance-optimised motors.
Models in the range are up to 10kg lighter than nearest competitors with the same output torque and speed. The ‘Compacta’ also provides 22 output speed options by comparison with the maximum of three available on alternatives and its motor choices offer a wide range of power and duty cycles. The range can also be equipped with ESA electronic limit switches with up to 10 set points and 2 end positions. These are easy to programme, provide an absolute encoder signal and therefore ensure precise positioning and repeatability.
The modular design of ‘Compacta’ allows easy customisation from standard parts. As each ‘Compacta’ can be optimised for its specific task it is easy to install and there is generally no need for additional drive components.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 26/01/2010 - Rodriguez appoints military & aerospace specialist
- 17/12/2009 - All Slewing Ring Bearings great and small
- 01/12/2009 - Robot helps glass maker to keep prices keen
- 30/10/2009 - Rodriguez introduces new gear products
- 22/10/2009 - Economical, flexible robot found after ten year search
- 07/10/2009 - Compact Slide System delivers long term reliability for PCS
- 13/08/2009 - EasyLINE Linear Motion package for clean room applications
- 04/08/2009 - Linear actuation for Turbo Compressors
- 24/07/2009 - Component Palletisers demonstrate IEF Werners' expertise
- 22/06/2009 - RA Rodriguez takes a stand at DESi 2009
- 21/05/2009 - New catalogue details expanded range from RA Rodriguez
- 21/05/2009 - Smaller Module Gears from RA Rodriguez
- 27/04/2009 - Power Transmission takes the stage
- 09/04/2009 - Simple, flexible and highly economical Robotic Arm
- 31/03/2009 - Space saving bearing for compact machine tool
- 26/02/2009 - New motor driven linear Actuator from RA Rodriguez
- 05/02/2009 - Slewing ring and turntable bearing catalogue boasts enhanced KAYDON® product range
- 07/02/2008 - MACHINE BUILDING 2008, 13th and 14th February, NEC
- 05/02/2008 - HIGH PRECISION SPIRAL BEVEL GEARS
- 05/02/2008 - COMPACT GEARED MOTOR ROTARY ACTUATORS
- 05/02/2008 - EASY-FIT COMPACT LINEAR GUIDEWAY
- 05/02/2008 - COMPACT AND MODULAR LINEAR ACTUATOR