"3 in 1" version of Gas Mixer now available from Witt
10 July 2009
Witt, the gas safety, control, mixing and analysis equipment supplier has announced that their KM 2/3M gas mixers are now available as “3 in 1” versions.
The new mixers produce a fully automated system that proportionally controls the gas flow on packaging lines to maintain a residual oxygen value which can reduce gas consumption by up to 30%.
These new versions have been specifically designed for users of flow packs in the packaging industry to continuously and automatically monitor and adjust the O2 percentage in flow packs directly on the packaging line. They make the packaging process simpler by having the option of up to 3 specific gas controls and mixing systems in one unit.
The user has the option to integrate a KD100 gas flushing controller and the recently launched ‘MAPY’ gas analyser into the KM 2/3M Gas Mixer to produce a “3 in 1” system in one location taking up less space and reducing the amount of cabling needed on the packaging line.
The 2/3M series of KM gas mixers into whose housings these two units can be integrated is a gas mixing system for 2 or 3 defined gases having a capacity range up to approximately 700NI/min.
MAPY 4.0, is an ergonomically designed, portable, multifunction O2/CO2 gas analyser with a touch screen control, USB and Ethernet capability for use on Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) lines featuring the option of an integrated printer and/or barcode scanner.
The KD100 gas flushing system allows modified atmospheres that keep food fresh in packaging or in warehouses to be produced more cost effectively. It uses a new zirconia sensor having a measuring range of 0-25% with +/- 0.2% repeatability. Fluctuations of up to 0.01% can be registered and taken into consideration when flushing. It is a fully automatic, electronic flow control system, which can reduce gas consumption by up to 30%.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/03/2021 - International standard OPC-UA makes it possible
- 28/10/2015 - Gas technology app now with inert gas advisor
- 16/04/2015 - Optical measurement of oxygen in packaging
- 16/04/2015 - "Leak-Master Mapmax" for controlling packaging integrity
- 30/06/2014 - Most Powerful 3-Inch Dome Pressure Regulator
- 17/01/2014 - Package leak testing
- 07/06/2013 - Quality control: Mobile gas analysis for pressure lines
- 12/04/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 05/04/2013 - Safety for propylene applications
- 11/01/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 20/09/2012 - High pressure constancy for aggressive and corrosive gases New stainless steel pressure regulator
- 03/07/2012 - Gas mixer for "Pieter Schelte"
- 26/04/2012 - Performance Boost for Pressure Regulators
- 27/04/2010 - Witt Industrial Gas Mixing Systems
- 09/04/2010 - Witts' new Hydrobaby measures moisture in gases and compressed air
- 31/03/2010 - Witts' solutions for packaging leak detection and gas analysis at Total 2010
- 08/01/2010 - Witts' solutions at Total Processing & Packaging
- 07/01/2010 - Witt Gas Mixers provide synthetic air for medical applications
- 04/01/2010 - Witt launch new CO² warning device
- 04/12/2009 - New Flashback Arrestor from Witt offers 11 bar protection
- 07/10/2009 - Leaks in packages? Don't get caught out!
- 01/09/2009 - Witts' Gas Flushing Unit with new sensor for food industry reduces gas consumption
- 03/08/2009 - Intelligent gas mixing from WITT helps electronic component manufacturing
- 22/06/2009 - Burn out safety up to 240 bar with Witt Non-Return Valve
- 08/06/2009 - Red Dot award for Witts' multifunction Gas Analyser
- 22/05/2009 - Witt Flashback Arrestors now available for Ethylene
- 19/05/2009 - Witts' key to safety
- 11/05/2009 - Witt to introduce new products at PPMA 2009
- 27/03/2009 - Witt appoints new service technician
- 18/03/2009 - OXYBABY® 6.0 - a new generation of Gas Analysers from Witt
- 08/01/2009 - WITT returns to PRO2PAC 2009
- 02/12/2008 - Witt High Purity Filters Maximise Purity of Gas
- 25/11/2008 - Could Synthetic Air Save Lives?
- 24/11/2008 - Witt Switch-Over Unit Provides Continuous Gas Supply
- 01/08/2008 - Cobalt and Witt Unite
- 19/02/2008 - MAPY 4.0 – A NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL GAS ANALYSER