Aero-Mechanical Conveyor is no Red Herring in Orkney
22 July 2009
A Spiroflow Aero-Mechanical Conveyor was the conveyor of choice for The Orkney Herring Company upgrade and expansion.Managing Director, Mr Ken Sutherland, Ken Sutherland, confirms, “We saw the Spiroflow advertisement, concluded that an Aero-Mechanical Conveyor was a match for what we wanted and were very impressed by the technical support we received from the outset. We have been very satisfied with the performance of the equipment since”.
The 4 metre long Conveyor operates vertically and has an integral sack tip feed hopper. It is used to transfer sacks of sugar into the holding hopper that feeds the mixer in which the various sauces and marinades are produced. The Aero-Mechanical Conveyor and the holding bin were installed as part of a systems upgrade to automate the loading of the ingredients into the mixer. In total, Orkney Herring manufacture 10 different sauces and the new, automatic system has both improved quality and increased productivity.
The bags of sugar are manually emptied into the Aero-Mechanical Conveyors' feed hopper. Typically, 2 tonnes of sugar are loaded into the holding hopper via the conveyor every second day. According to Ken Sutherland, “It takes no time at all”. Given that the Aero-Mechanical Conveyor is rated at 10,000 kg/hr, this is no surprise.
The ‘Spiroflow’ Aero-Mechanical Conveyor supplied to Orkney Herring is of 316 grade stainless steel construction. The integral feed hopper has a mesh grill to enable bags of material to be opened and tipped with ease. There is a lid to prevent the ingress of tramp items which the conveyor is not in use.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/10/2015 - Spiroflow's conveying solutions go on the road to Dubai
- 08/09/2015 - Spiroflow Will Unveil New Flexible Conveying System At Ppma - Ppma, Nec Birmingham, September 29-october 1, Stand G36
- 07/07/2015 - Spiroflow acquires food control solutions
- 12/02/2015 - New Technology Centre brings superior testing to spiroflow
- 03/10/2014 - Spiroflow's Robust Handling Equipment Built to Survive Stormy Seas
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Takes New Angle with Equipment to Tackle Dust
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Unveils New Bin Activator for Difficult Materials
- 30/09/2014 - Spiroflow Targets UK Ingredients Sector with New CTE Bulk Bag Filler
- 30/09/2014 - Safe Handling of Biomass Materials with Spiroflow
- 09/01/2013 - Spiroflow conveyors – fit as a Butcher’s dog!
- 03/07/2012 - Preview of Spiroflow Ltd’s participation in the PPMA 2012 Exhibition at the NEC, Birmingham, UK, September 25-27, 2012.
- 13/06/2012 - ‘Spiroflow’ Aero-Mechanical Conveyors – sweet success in Africa!
- 23/02/2012 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Filler – helping to make money from waste.
- 02/11/2011 - NEW Tilting Mobile Flexible Screw Conveyor from Spiroflow
- 12/07/2011 - Spiroflow Powder Handling & Processing Systems – Stand G16
- 29/03/2011 - New ‘Rise and Fall’ Bulk Bag Filler from Spiroflow
- 14/02/2011 - Sometimes life has to be a Drag!
- 18/12/2010 - Spiroflow joins the club at Liverpool biscuit factory
- 22/07/2010 - Bag to the future!
- 22/07/2010 - Spiroflow Ltd in joint venture with Horizon Systems Inc.
- 16/06/2010 - Spiroflow acquires Dynamet Inc.
- 16/03/2010 - United Utilities treats water to PAC Dosing System
- 17/02/2010 - Aero Mechanical Conveyor does sterling job for US coffee blender
- 02/02/2010 - Spiroflow dip dabs Tangerine Confectionery
- 27/01/2010 - Spiroflow helps recycle sulphur on Alaskas' north slope oil refinery
- 21/01/2010 - Aero-Mechanical Conveyors keep Tin Oxide moving
- 14/05/2009 - Spiroflow Aero-Mechanical Conveyor spicing it up for Pataks
- 05/12/2008 - Highest accuracy ‘Spirofil’ Big Bag Filler to Date
- 11/11/2008 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Handling Equipment at Dekura
- 18/08/2008 - Spiroflow and the 'Dream Machine.'
- 09/07/2008 - Spiroflow Supply Tetley Tea with Big Bag Discharging Solution
- 30/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Filling Machine at PET Processors (UK) L.L.C
- 30/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ Big Bag Discharger – a gem of a job!
- 26/11/2007 - Nothing fishy about this discharger!
- 26/11/2007 - Spiroflow system transforms output
- 23/11/2007 - A ‘Spiroflow’ Bulk Bag Discharger and Flexible Screw Conveyor
- 23/11/2007 - Spiroflow on the road to success
- 22/11/2007 - Spiroflow conveyor gives more grist to the mill!
- 22/11/2007 - Weigh, weigh the best - time and time again!
- 22/11/2007 - ‘Spiroflow’ conveyors – to cap it all!
- 22/11/2007 - Spiroflow’ Flexible Screw Conveyors – BALly good job!