Weidmüller introduce fourth generation Stripping tool
07 August 2009
Stripax® - the original stripping tool, is now in its fourth incarnation and setting new standards.Weidmüller have launched its' new stripping tool which is once again setting the benchmark for precise and economical conductor preparation. Being convinced that even successful and approved tools can be optimised in their technical performance, Weidmüller has continued to improved the stripax®.
Weidmüller now presents the fourth generation of this stripping tool for flexible and solid conductors with PVC insulation, multi-conductors and thin ribbon cables, featuring significant innovations.
A detachable grip plate allows different handle sizes to suit small as well as large hands so the tool can be operated precisely and effortlessly. The compact and lightweight tool measuring just 190mm in length and weighing in at just 175g, has a hinged protective cover for the cutting edges, thus preventing accidental damage of conductors and allowing quick and safe stripping.
A new and unique feature called partial stripping, which can be activated separately, leaves the insulation off-cut on the conductor, preventing the conductor from fanning out. This simplifies the insertion of the conductor into wire end ferrules and other possible contacts.
The exchange of the blades is quick and easy by removal of the clamping jaws. Personalised marking with an individual print using the ESG device marker allows personal identification of the stripax®. An integrated injector avoids insulation off-cuts being stuck between stop and blade.
Sliders simplify the adjustment of both stripping length and thickness of the insulation and the maximum stripping length has been extended from 18 to 25 mm. The tool can also be adjusted precisely to suit thin or thick insulation material.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/09/2010 - Weidmüller terminal blocks for 1000 VDC applications
- 12/09/2010 - Weidmüller extends Cable Glands range
- 08/06/2010 - SPOT ON WITH POCON
- 16/04/2010 - Weidmüller surge protection: VARITECTOR SPC
- 11/03/2010 - Weidmuller Photovoltaic Junction Box
- 16/02/2010 - Weidmullers' PU II OVP Products
- 15/02/2010 - Weidmüllers' WaveLine Plug & Play switches
- 15/02/2010 - WaveLine Managed Switches
- 12/02/2010 - Weidmuller's FieldPower®
- 11/02/2010 - Weidmüllers' ACT20X – new signal converters for hazardous areas
- 10/02/2010 - CH20M 12 & CH20M 45 Connectors from Weidmuller
- 09/02/2010 - Weidmüllers' FrontCom® Micro
- 04/11/2009 - Weidmuller SIL 3 Safety Relay
- 30/10/2009 - Klippon STB enclosure series relaunched
- 27/10/2009 - Weidmuller Profibus DP distributor
- 26/10/2009 - Weidmüller M12 connection technology for Industrial Ethernet
- 07/08/2009 - Weidmüller’s Termopto saves up to 80% space
- 06/08/2009 - Weidmuller launch 'News 2009' catalogue
- 02/07/2009 - Gigabit switches launched for high volume data newtorks
- 25/06/2009 - Weidmuller Control Cabinet assembly increases efficiency
- 01/10/2008 - Overwaltage Protection with Varistor Technology
- 01/10/2008 - The New Mann Series Process Instruments
- 01/10/2008 - Weidmuller Introduce the Device Terminals VWGK 4 and VWGK 67
- 19/09/2008 - The New Heat- Shrinkable Sleeves