Sustainable Movable Wall solutions from Moving Designs
12 January 2021
With the growing concern over climate change, it makes perfect sense to incorporate acoustic movable walls into the design of commercial buildings, as opposed to the traditional drywall construction which has a noticeable environmental impact.Because of its flexibility and reusability, movable wall systems offer an effective space solution for many environments. Giving businesses the opportunity to create individualised workspaces without creating any environmental waste. With the emphasis on sustainability, our UK manufactured systems are ideal for the environment, too. Movable Walls deliver a sustainable story based on the product’s materials, but also offers a strong reuse strategy that reduces landfill waste.
As if helping to save the planet isn’t enough, there are many other good reasons to choose a movable wall. The longevity of a movable wall can be up to 20 years or more when properly maintained whereby drywall needs to be repainted every five years. A Movable Wall has the potential to be relocated with no mess or carpet damage whereby drywall can't be re-located and will require demolition and disposal at a landfill. When drywall is disposed of in landfills, a series of biological and chemical reactions can occur that have the potential for adverse environmental impacts. When drywall in a landfill gets wet, some of the sulfate from the gypsum dissolves into the water which can produce hydrogen sulfide gas -- not good for humans, the environment and other living creatures.
Conversely, movable walls can deliver the added benefit of increased visual and auditory privacy, especially in open-plan offices where audible conversations inevitably drift across the busy workplace. Indeed, it’s important for office designers to understand the role privacy and personal space plays in employee productivity. Movable walls are yet another architectural innovation that designers can leverage to deliver the kind of workspace atmosphere that optimises focus and promotes productivity while ensuring employee wellness.
Installing an acoustic movable wall not only allows space to be maximised and re-configured to suit your needs but is an easy way to incorporate eco-friendly principles into any premises.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/11/2020 - Moving Designs ~ Soft dB Sound Masking System
- 07/10/2020 - Acoustic Partitions to Help With COVID-19
- 27/02/2020 - What is a dB rating?
- 27/02/2020 - The writings on the wall for open plan offices!
- 27/02/2020 - Acoustic Movable Partitions and their role in Schools
- 27/02/2020 - Digitally Printed Movable Walls
- 27/02/2020 - Baffling facts about Acoustic Partitions
- 27/02/2020 - Acoustic Movable Walls ~ Where Sound is Sacred
- 09/08/2019 - Surrey school approach Moving Designs Ltd to best utilise hall space
- 09/08/2019 - Five star partition installation in Manchester
- 09/08/2019 - Sliding folding partition installed in £6 million pound Sports Hub
- 08/08/2019 - A Premier League Installation
- 08/08/2019 - Aesthetics’ and acoustic performance important to the Holiday Inn
- 08/08/2019 - 7 metre high wall installed in London school