Marshall-Tufflex fast tracks Junction 24 office scheme with MT32 underfloor power distribution system
28 August 2009
The fast track solution enabled complete cabling runs from the main distribution board to final accessories, outlets and applications for Morris & Spottiswood to power through an electrical installation at a new Glasgow office.Staff at Glasgow Housing Associations' (GHA) South West Local Shared Services have relocated to office space at the newly completed Junction 24 Business Park in Govan, Scotland, located just minutes from the M8 motorway. The move was to make way for the GHAs' Customer Service Centre.
In preparing the office space, Morris & Spottiswood installed 35 MT32 floor boxes supplied by Edmundson Electrical. The boxes were supplied pre-wired and pre-tested with male and female connectors, helping save time and reduce on-site installation costs.
Unique to Marshall-Tufflex, MT32 allows installers to work far more quickly when up against tight deadlines, achieving a much greater work load with the same resource. In the time it generally takes to hard wire one floor box, four or more MT32 boxes can be simply clicked together, circuit tested and signed off. The system also cannot be wrongly wired and can be easily reconfigured should the future positioning of sockets need altering.
“Using MT32 is a more effective way of using our time than traditional hard wiring,” confirmed Craig Stevenson, Electrical Estimator at Morris & Spottiswood.
When specified with an underfloor distribution system, MT32 is far more flexible than traditional power track options as it allows power to be delivered to a far greater floor area – as much as three times more says Marshall-Tufflex. It is therefore ideal for electrical office fit-outs with a large square footage and a high number of workstations to accommodate, like the office area of Junction 24 Business Park, where future re-positioning of sockets is also likely.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/11/2013 - One week, £65,000 saving with Marshall-Tufflex e-Tracker
- 14/11/2013 - Heavyweight newcomer floors competition with strength and flexibility
- 18/10/2011 - Robust TuffMaster upgraded to IP66
- 08/04/2011 - Curved Odyssey leads crusade to keeps student rooms tidy
- 13/10/2010 - ARK Academy installs 'tried and tested' cable management solution + PIC
- 13/10/2010 - Energy Solutions delivers for MTEM
- 16/08/2010 - New Twin165 provides greater data capacity
- 28/07/2010 - Fuel-efficient Prius are pride of MT’s company car fleet
- 08/07/2010 - Davey boosts Marshall Tufflex Energy Management team
- 23/06/2010 - Bio Trunking clocks up contract wins for Marshall-Tufflex
- 16/06/2010 - Curved Odyssey Bio perfect for North Tees hospital upgrade
- 20/05/2010 - MT32’s flexibility is key to success for police scheme
- 13/05/2010 - Marshall Tufflex Energy Management cuts sports complex power bills
- 23/02/2010 - Unloading stations' power & lighting services carried by GRP cable management trays
- 14/01/2010 - New brochure gives taster of Marshall-Tufflex menu
- 08/12/2009 - Mufti Day rakes in cash for charities
- 07/12/2009 - Wholesalers praise Tufflex
- 10/11/2009 - New Marshall Tufflex solution delivers tidier desktops
- 08/10/2009 - Marshall Tufflex Bio Trunking solutions to showcase at exhibitions
- 11/09/2009 - Marshall Tufflex launch "Underfloor to Desk Solutions" catalogue
- 29/07/2009 - Infection prevention has never looked so good
- 23/07/2009 - Lightweight GRP trunking solutions for heavyweight installations
- 13/11/2008 - Shop Fit Out Made Faster by Power System
- 06/08/2008 - Hospitals Protected Against MRSA
- 28/05/2008 - Marshall-Tufflex - water management specialists
- 28/05/2008 - Success rains on skilled fitter Darryn
- 28/05/2008 - Top school demands – and gets – top systems
- 28/05/2008 - Marshall-Tufflex has the power to deliver for BBC
- 28/05/2008 - New literature is just purr-fect!
- 28/05/2008 - It’s not just power, it’s Marshall-Tufflex power