Witts' Gas Flushing Unit with new sensor for food industry reduces gas consumption
01 September 2009
The KD100-1A gas flushing system from Witt, allows modified atmospheres that keep food fresh in packaging or warehouses, to be produced more cost effectively.The KD100-1A uses a new zirconia sensor having a measuring range of 0-25% with +/- 0.2% repeatability as well as for providing fast measurements to ensure that the volume of protective gas is easily controlled. Fluctuations of up to 0.01% can be registered and allowed for when flushing. Other features include lockable transparent door to protect the programmed settings.
It is a fully automatic, electronic flow control system, that can be used on automatic packaging lines reducing gas consumption by up to 30%. It automatically regulates the gas flow until the required Oxygen (O2) level is reached. It then continues to control the O2 value at the desired level, whilst the non-destructive analysis of the Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) continuously protects the food quality.
It can be used with all standard protective gases, including nitrogen, carbon dioxide, argon and their mixes as well as other technical gases and their mixes, excluding combustable gases. If the O2 concentration exceeds the maximum permisable limit this will trigger an alarm and the line will shut down. An audible alarm is available as an option.
The system also allows for pressure fluctuations in the gas supply and the speed of the line or the size of package has no bearing on its operability. It is supplied with interfaces for documentation and remote transfer of setting and measured values for Quality Control purposes and it comes with an easy to read digital display in a splash proof stainless steel casing.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/03/2021 - International standard OPC-UA makes it possible
- 28/10/2015 - Gas technology app now with inert gas advisor
- 16/04/2015 - Optical measurement of oxygen in packaging
- 16/04/2015 - "Leak-Master Mapmax" for controlling packaging integrity
- 30/06/2014 - Most Powerful 3-Inch Dome Pressure Regulator
- 17/01/2014 - Package leak testing
- 07/06/2013 - Quality control: Mobile gas analysis for pressure lines
- 12/04/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 05/04/2013 - Safety for propylene applications
- 11/01/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 20/09/2012 - High pressure constancy for aggressive and corrosive gases New stainless steel pressure regulator
- 03/07/2012 - Gas mixer for "Pieter Schelte"
- 26/04/2012 - Performance Boost for Pressure Regulators
- 27/04/2010 - Witt Industrial Gas Mixing Systems
- 09/04/2010 - Witts' new Hydrobaby measures moisture in gases and compressed air
- 31/03/2010 - Witts' solutions for packaging leak detection and gas analysis at Total 2010
- 08/01/2010 - Witts' solutions at Total Processing & Packaging
- 07/01/2010 - Witt Gas Mixers provide synthetic air for medical applications
- 04/01/2010 - Witt launch new CO² warning device
- 04/12/2009 - New Flashback Arrestor from Witt offers 11 bar protection
- 07/10/2009 - Leaks in packages? Don't get caught out!
- 03/08/2009 - Intelligent gas mixing from WITT helps electronic component manufacturing
- 10/07/2009 - "3 in 1" version of Gas Mixer now available from Witt
- 22/06/2009 - Burn out safety up to 240 bar with Witt Non-Return Valve
- 08/06/2009 - Red Dot award for Witts' multifunction Gas Analyser
- 22/05/2009 - Witt Flashback Arrestors now available for Ethylene
- 19/05/2009 - Witts' key to safety
- 11/05/2009 - Witt to introduce new products at PPMA 2009
- 27/03/2009 - Witt appoints new service technician
- 18/03/2009 - OXYBABY® 6.0 - a new generation of Gas Analysers from Witt
- 08/01/2009 - WITT returns to PRO2PAC 2009
- 02/12/2008 - Witt High Purity Filters Maximise Purity of Gas
- 25/11/2008 - Could Synthetic Air Save Lives?
- 24/11/2008 - Witt Switch-Over Unit Provides Continuous Gas Supply
- 01/08/2008 - Cobalt and Witt Unite
- 19/02/2008 - MAPY 4.0 – A NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL GAS ANALYSER