Magnetrol in market first for Displacement Transmitter
03 September 2009
E3 Electronic Modulevel® from Magnetrol is first configurable Displacer Transmitter on the marketThe modernized, digital E3 Modulevel® from Magnetrol is an advanced, intrinsically safe, two-wire instrument, utilizing simple buoyancy principles to detect and convert liquid level changes into a stable output signal. The new E3 Modulevel has modernised packaging, increased functionality, diagnostics and the capability to configure rather than calibrate the transmitter. The E3 Modulevel supports FOUNDATION fieldbusTM, HART®, AMS and FDT/PACTware™ communication protocols.
While the cast iron enclosure used on the previous electronic Modulevel design was large and unwieldy, the adapted dual-compartment Eclipse® enclosure used on the E3 is modern, light-weight and ergonomic. This enclosure contains the wiring, analog and digital boards. The LVDT (Linear Variable Differential Transformer) is housed separately adjacent to the enclosure and the two are joined by our flame path adaptor. The complete, explosion proof housing assembly is offered in both cast aluminum and stainless steel.
The E3 Modulevel is the only displacer transmitter on the market with a SFF of 92.3% making it suitable for SIL2 safety loops. The additional diagnostic tools allow the user to integrate this transmitter into highly demanding safety instrument loops (Exida endorsed).
The E3 withstands process temperatures and pressures up to +315 °C / 355 bar, handles liquids with an S.G. as low as 0.23 and up to 2.2, and liquid/liquid interfaces with a minimum density difference of 0.10 kg/dm³. By simply entering two process variables (temperature and S.G.) the E3 Modulevel is ready for service.
Unlike the traditional torque tube design, the E3 Modulevel uses a precision range spring. The spring reduces the friction of moving parts by having only one linear motion and provides natural damping. The result is a more reliable and stable output even when the liquid surface is turbulent. Because an LVDT offers twice the travel of a typical RVDT (Rotatable Variable Differential Transformer), the accuracy/linearity of a spring-operated displacer transmitter is superior to traditional torque tube designs.
The new E3 Modulevel displacer transmitter offers high reliability and expanded features which are sure to enhance it already immense popularity on offshore platforms, in petrochemical facilities and in power stations worldwide.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 10/06/2015 - Magnetrol® Announces the “Just Can’t Stop a Magnetrol” Contest Magnetrol Level Switch Owners Could Win €500 and a New Level Switch
- 30/04/2015 - Magnetrol® announces the Thermatel® TA2 thermal mass flow meter with foundation fieldbus™ digital communications
- 15/08/2014 - Magnetrol’s Zele, Belgium Plant Receives BREEAM Interim Certificate for Design
- 13/08/2014 - Guided Wave Radar
- 30/05/2014 - Magnetrol announces new foundation fieldbus digital output communications for eclipse model 706 transmitter
- 20/02/2014 - Magnetrol introduces Polaristm Electromagnetic Flow Meters
- 20/01/2014 - Magnetrol® International opens new production facility in United Arab Emirates
- 08/10/2013 - Magnetrol Launches New Website and Expands to Accommodate Growth
- 23/09/2013 - New Senior Sales Engineer - John Squires
- 30/08/2013 - Magnetrol Publishes Heat Rate Reduction Kit
- 24/05/2013 - Magnetrol and APM announce a strategic partnership
- 06/03/2013 - Magnetrol International NV (Zele, Belgium) expands!
- 29/11/2012 - Eclipse Model 706 Transmitter
- 09/11/2012 - Level Control Performance
- 12/01/2012 - Eclipse®705 receives SIL3 - certificate from exida
- 27/10/2011 - Echotel® Model 962 Dual functionality in a single device
- 14/06/2011 - Thermatel® TD1/TD2 switches for high level alarm in natural gas filters
- 31/05/2011 - Trends Gazelles 2011
- 10/03/2011 - Thermatel® Enhanced Model TA2
- 09/02/2011 - Eclipse® 705 in critical applications
- 10/11/2010 - Magnetrol opens Representative Office in St Petersburg, Russia
- 08/06/2010 - Magnetrol International NV, for the second consecutive year one of the Trend “Gazelles” in Belgium.
- 19/04/2010 - Thermatel® TA2 Thermal Mass Flow Meter fromMagnetrol measures Greenhouse Gas.
- 16/04/2010 - Model R82, First rate, fully friendly,… less costly
- 08/01/2010 - New Echotel® 355 from Magnetrol is ultra smart and user friendly
- 20/11/2009 - Magnetrols' liquid level measurement solutions for Life Science and Food and Beverage industries
- 16/04/2009 - Overfill-safe Eclipse® GWR probe from Magnetrol