Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
13 November 2009
In line with its commitment to aiding the development of the next generation of engineers and technicians, test equipment experts Megger is providing support for a unique competition that is being run by training specialist Central Trade Skills.The winner of the competition will receive a training package worth £6000 from Central Trade Skills, which will cover electrical installation, plumbing, building and plastering. After their training is complete, Central Trade Skills will help the winner to find appropriate employment.
To complement this prize, Megger will be supplying the winner with one of its latest MFT1552 multifunction installation testers, which will be invaluable during the training period and after, when the winner enters employment. Further prizes are also being offered by the other supporters of the competition, including DeWalt Tools and CEF electrical wholesalers.
Training Director at Central Trade Skills, Darren Biddle, said;
“This competition is intended to give a life-changing opportunity to a young person who is finding things tough in the present economic climate. It’s open to everyone, even if they currently have no relevant skills, and all they have to do to enter is to tell us, in no more than 100 words, why they think they should be the winner.”
In addition to supplying a prize for this innovative competition, Megger is also supporting the regular training activities at Central Trade Skills. The company has provided instruments on long-term loan for use by the trainees, and Megger engineers frequently join the organisations' training sessions to discuss and demonstrate the latest developments in test equipment.
Megger has also supplied Central Trade Skills with a series of wall charts which have been specifically developed as teaching aids, and which illustrate the key tests required by the 17th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
Meggers' Lee Baker said; “As a company, we have a strong commitment to training and career development and so we are delighted to be able to support Central Trade Skills with their exciting competition. We are, of course, equally delighted to be working regularly with the organisation to ensure that its trainees can gain experience with modern test equipment of the type that they will be using when their training is complete.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth