Witt Gas Mixers provide synthetic air for medical applications
07 January 2010
Producing synthetic air from Oxygen and Nitrogen, Witt has launched the next generation of synthetic air gas mixers.Medical applications require high purity air as natural ambient air includes impurities such as dust, germs, viruses, oxides and at worst toxic particles that could adversely affect the care of the patient. As an alternative to the common use of compressors, WITT mixers can be used for sustained, reliable production of synthetic air. Using a mixture of pure oxygen and nitrogen with a similar composition to the atmosphere, hospitals and other medical facilities can achieve the highest air purity level for the protection of their patients.
This gas mixer features the highest integrity when it comes to supply safety, easy operation using a touch screen, low investment and maintenance costs, easy integration into existing systems and a low energy demand. It meets all the required standards regarding construction, material and manufacture and all components have inbuilt safety features to ensure full functionality, even when external factors such as barometric pressure compensation, could influence its working. Using two independent gas analysers guarantees the correct combination of Oxygen and Nitrogen.
The mixing precision of this new gas mixer is better than +/- 1 % and it can be connected via the Ethernet to a network and other systems.
Carl Long, General Manager, Witt Gas Techniques Ltd in the UK said;
“The importance of hygiene safety is paramount in medical and pharmaceutical applications. Today, synthetic air produced using modern gas mixing technology provides the highest standard of hygiene.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 25/03/2021 - International standard OPC-UA makes it possible
- 28/10/2015 - Gas technology app now with inert gas advisor
- 16/04/2015 - Optical measurement of oxygen in packaging
- 16/04/2015 - "Leak-Master Mapmax" for controlling packaging integrity
- 30/06/2014 - Most Powerful 3-Inch Dome Pressure Regulator
- 17/01/2014 - Package leak testing
- 07/06/2013 - Quality control: Mobile gas analysis for pressure lines
- 12/04/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 05/04/2013 - Safety for propylene applications
- 11/01/2013 - New Alarm Module for Gas Mixer
- 20/09/2012 - High pressure constancy for aggressive and corrosive gases New stainless steel pressure regulator
- 03/07/2012 - Gas mixer for "Pieter Schelte"
- 26/04/2012 - Performance Boost for Pressure Regulators
- 27/04/2010 - Witt Industrial Gas Mixing Systems
- 09/04/2010 - Witts' new Hydrobaby measures moisture in gases and compressed air
- 31/03/2010 - Witts' solutions for packaging leak detection and gas analysis at Total 2010
- 08/01/2010 - Witts' solutions at Total Processing & Packaging
- 04/01/2010 - Witt launch new CO² warning device
- 04/12/2009 - New Flashback Arrestor from Witt offers 11 bar protection
- 07/10/2009 - Leaks in packages? Don't get caught out!
- 01/09/2009 - Witts' Gas Flushing Unit with new sensor for food industry reduces gas consumption
- 03/08/2009 - Intelligent gas mixing from WITT helps electronic component manufacturing
- 10/07/2009 - "3 in 1" version of Gas Mixer now available from Witt
- 22/06/2009 - Burn out safety up to 240 bar with Witt Non-Return Valve
- 08/06/2009 - Red Dot award for Witts' multifunction Gas Analyser
- 22/05/2009 - Witt Flashback Arrestors now available for Ethylene
- 19/05/2009 - Witts' key to safety
- 11/05/2009 - Witt to introduce new products at PPMA 2009
- 27/03/2009 - Witt appoints new service technician
- 18/03/2009 - OXYBABY® 6.0 - a new generation of Gas Analysers from Witt
- 08/01/2009 - WITT returns to PRO2PAC 2009
- 02/12/2008 - Witt High Purity Filters Maximise Purity of Gas
- 25/11/2008 - Could Synthetic Air Save Lives?
- 24/11/2008 - Witt Switch-Over Unit Provides Continuous Gas Supply
- 01/08/2008 - Cobalt and Witt Unite
- 19/02/2008 - MAPY 4.0 – A NEW MULTIFUNCTIONAL GAS ANALYSER