Megger’s EGIL simplifies breaker analysis
18 March 2010
Featuring compact construction and straightforward operation, Megger’s latest EGIL circuit breaker analyser is suitable for testing timing and travel on all breakers that have a single interrupter per phase.In addition, when used in conjunction with the SDRM option and the new SDRM201 accessory, the instrument can also be used to carry out static and dynamic resistance measurements.
Although the EGIL is available at a very attractive price, no compromises have been made on its versatility or performance. It is, therefore, an ideal choice for operators of small power plants and for the maintenance of simple circuit breakers by power distribution utilities.
To aid ease and speed of use, the EGIL has a built-in sequencer that automatically runs the selected breaker operating sequence while making the appropriate measurements and recording the results. In addition, menu-driven procedures invoke sensible default settings, thereby eliminating the need for time-consuming pre-setting.
Megger’s EGIL test set offers three timing channels for the circuit breaker main contacts. Main contacts and pre-insertion resistor contacts can be timed on the same channel, with the results recorded graphically and numerically on the integral printed. Results are also shown numerically on the instrument’s large easy-to-read display.
Two additional galvanically isolated timing channels are provided for auxiliary contacts. In addition, an analogue channel is available as an option. While primarily intended for monitoring contact motion, this channel also finds many other applications.
For EGIL test sets that have the SDRM option installed, the SDRM201 module extends the facilities to allow accurate resistance measurements to be made on circuit breaker contacts and other low-resistance devices. When used with the test leads provided, the SDRM201 is capable of supplying an instantaneous current of 200 A DC, falling to 140 A after one second. Multiple tests can be run with only a short waiting time between them.
Used in conjunction with the SDRM201, the EGIL test set supports dynamic resistance measurement from 0 to 32 mΩ, and static resistance measurement from 0 to 2 mΩ. The inaccuracy of static resistance measurements is 2% ±2 µΩ or better.
To complement the latest models of its EGIL circuit breaker analyser, Megger has introduced a new version – R03A – of its CABA Win computer-aided breaker analysis software. Designed to run under Microsoft Windows on a standard PC, this adds full support for static and dynamic resistance measurements, new test plans for applications where the EGIL is used with the SDRM201, and 19 new timing parameters for multiple operations.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/08/2012 - Megger pinpoints cable faults with accuracy and ease
- 13/08/2012 - Megger acquires SebaKMT
- 13/08/2012 - Megger rewards online excellence
- 13/08/2012 - Measure phase angle quickly and easily with Megger
- 28/03/2011 - Megger catalogues contractor kit comprehensively
- 03/03/2011 - What happened at Newbury?
- 09/02/2011 - Megger’s new multimeter combines safety with versatility
- 11/01/2011 - Check voltage and more with Megger two-pole testers
- 05/01/2011 - Megger earth testers have the clamp of convenience
- 10/11/2010 - Testing to address the transformer threat
- 10/11/2010 - Megger helps keep SS Shieldhall shipshape
- 14/09/2010 - Time is running out for Megger’s money making events
- 07/09/2010 - MEGGER SUPPORT IS THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT!
- 23/07/2010 - Megger ups the ante in oil testing
- 15/07/2010 - Megger socialises online
- 06/07/2010 - Winding resistance quickly and safely with Megger
- 18/03/2010 - New catalogue from Megger is packed with opportunity
- 01/03/2010 - Megger provides contractors with more Business In A Box
- 13/11/2009 - Megger backs a winner with Central Trade Skills
- 04/09/2009 - Megger introduces on site training
- 28/08/2009 - Own Meggers' last ever AVO
- 31/07/2009 - Megger supports IEC 61850 for protective relay testing
- 29/06/2009 - Megger helps trainees with their tests
- 24/04/2009 - Megger measures low resistance anywhere
- 16/04/2009 - Megger has the definitive test for transformer insulation
- 27/03/2009 - Megger delivers versatility in easy relay testing
- 04/03/2009 - Megger Transformer maintenence minimises failure cover risk
- 16/12/2008 - Fancy a Business in a Box?
- 12/12/2008 - Megger Keeps the Western Locomotive Running
- 25/11/2008 - Measurement of Moisture in Oil Made Easy by Megger
- 07/11/2008 - Megger's TDR Plugs Revenue Leaks
- 14/10/2008 - The Transformer
- 13/10/2008 - Megger’s PowerDB Turns Results into Revenue
- 06/10/2008 - Megger say Goodbye to their most Popular Product
- 19/08/2008 - Condition Assessment without a Laptop
- 19/08/2008 - Transformer testing with speed and accuracy
- 17/07/2008 - Earth Testing made Easy
- 16/07/2008 - The case of the flying Megger meters!
- 14/07/2008 - Megger Helps Students Pass
- 20/05/2008 - Megger makes testing easier with Bluetooth