Axess 4 All at The Alex Restaurant
10 May 2010
The Alex Restaurant in Felixstowe has recently under gone a major re fit to the upstairs area of its Fine Dining Restaurant.The restaurant already had an Axess A5000 Platform Lift installed to allow access for wheelchair occupants to the upper landing area, the owner, Mr Tim Yeo, decided that he wished to open up the lift and upstairs using the natural light available from a massive glass window occupying one complete wall.
This gives fantastic views across the sea front to watch all the boats, ships and tankers coming in to Felixstowe Port. Therefore, Axess 4 All were asked to remove the existing unit and replace with a new Axess A5000 Platform Lift fitted with 900mm glazed shaft panels and our unique fully glazed Anodised Aluminium Doors.
The removal and building work was all completed with the downstairs restaurant and bar open to the public. The Axess A5000 Platform Lift was powder coat finished to a metallic silver silver to match the Glazed Anodised Aluminium Doors and Glazed Panels Aluminium surround. The configuration of the Platform Lift was an adjacent entry exit with the upper landing door opening to a new bar and fine dining restaurant with magnificent views.
The landing call stations are all as The Machinery Directive allowing for one touch control of the lift while the platform carriage controls are still fitted with 'deadman operation' controls as required by regulations which came into force on 29th December, 2009.Passenger lift
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 24/01/2012 - Access for all in Custom House revamp
- 13/10/2011 - Axess offer spare parts for Cibes platform lifts
- 07/09/2011 - Axess 4 All Home Lift has Grand Designs
- 06/09/2011 - College improves access for all
- 15/07/2011 - Lomito Stack Sandwiches gain quicker 'axess' to diners
- 07/02/2011 - Axess 4 All launch mini platform lift with options
- 05/01/2011 - Axess 4 All gain CHAS accreditation
- 05/01/2011 - Axess 4 All install dumb waiter at London restaurant
- 08/11/2010 - Axess 4 all solve University platform lift challenge
- 01/11/2010 - Platform Lift provides access for all at Grand Central Station
- 27/08/2010 - Axess 4 All on board HMS Belfast
- 05/08/2010 - Axess' Platform Lift installed as part of school redevelopment
- 26/07/2010 - Axess 4 All at Watches of Switzerland
- 23/04/2010 - Free " Health Check Service " from Axess 4 All
- 22/04/2010 - Service Hoist - Dumb Waiter
- 12/03/2010 - All aboard thanks to Axess 4 All
- 15/01/2010 - Uks' first fully glazed one hour fire rated door from Axess 4 All