Smile, it’s Fitz Park!
10 May 2010
“What’s great about Fitz Park play area is that it’s accessible to children of all age groups and abilities” (Judith Anderson, Regional Manager North West, Play England)OUTCOME
A state of the art destination play area has been created for the area of Cumbria. The flagship area is fully inclusive and will attract tourists and create lots of exciting opportunities for the area.
The Fitz Park Play Area Project in Keswick was driven by strong local initiative and spearheaded by the Trust. Their mission statement was to create, and maintain, a safe, well laid out, stimulating playground that is accessible to children of all age groups and abilities.
Through ideas, feedback, and funds, the project saw local children and parents and community members get involved by consulting on the design of the park. A dedicated website was set up allowing the community to contribute and view latest developments.
Fitz Park has a riverside setting with glorious open views and the equipment used in the park by Proludic reflects this theme.
The play park has been designed with 3 key age zones: Toddler, Junior and teenagers; identifying specific areas for the whole community to use. The toddler area uses sand surfacing, the junior zone is based around adventure play and the teen area takes its inspiration from extreme sports.
The paths and gates to the park are wheelchair and pushchair accessible and a central sensory area with other inclusive items of equipment means it appeals to children of all ages and abilities.
"Proludic have supported the Fitz Park Play Area project exceptionally well from the initial consultation stage right through to project completion and the launch event. The design and build service suited our project down to the ground and the play area has been a huge success and brilliant transformation of a well loved community area". (Rachel Graham, Fitz Park Lead Play Officer)
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 02/02/2018 - Got a New Year’s Fitness Resolution…
- 02/02/2018 - Here’s to a Great 2018
- 07/09/2017 - Introducing the new Proludic Sports App
- 16/08/2017 - Adding special FL-AIR to the Fleet Arm Museum
- 11/08/2017 - National Park Gem
- 11/08/2017 - 10 Years of Success for These Sites
- 18/07/2017 - Proludic celebrate National Children’s Day in style
- 18/07/2017 - 15 Years of Fun
- 17/11/2016 - Moving on up…Proludic Ltd expands and moves to bigger office space
- 08/11/2016 - Proludic to enable 1 million people to be more active by 2020, using outdoor fitness equipment
- 17/08/2016 - Proludic strengthen Scotland team…
- 25/07/2016 - Great Green Gyms in Knowlsey
- 21/07/2016 - Proludic Happy Snapping Campaign
- 18/03/2016 - Proludic Continues Expansion With Three New Starters
- 03/03/2016 - Proludic promotes home grown talent
- 25/01/2016 - New Products for 2016!
- 23/11/2015 - 7 Steps to a Successful Outdoor Gym
- 07/07/2015 - Your Community Can with This Girl Can and Proludic
- 06/05/2015 - Beech Grove Play Area Opens
- 27/03/2015 - Proludic Announce New Managing Director
- 20/02/2015 - New Website Launched
- 19/11/2014 - Proludic launch new and improved funding guide!
- 14/10/2014 - Playground Safety- Back to Basics
- 26/06/2014 - Proludic inspires imagination with new themed play range
- 15/05/2014 - Cropton Park adds Fitness with Fun
- 15/05/2014 - Markeaton Park Creates Waves of Success for Proludic
- 16/08/2013 - Fields in Trust ‘Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge’ – an Olympic Legacy Success
- 16/08/2013 - Children Should Have the Right to Play
- 16/08/2013 - Let’s get Adults Exercising Again
- 12/09/2011 - Proludic launches ‘SOCIAL FITNESS’ campaign backed by Olympians Steve Backley and Roger Black
- 28/03/2011 - Proludic Launch FREE Funding and Community Engagement Guide!
- 04/11/2010 - Pease Park - Wakefield
- 14/09/2010 - Proludic strike 'Gold' at IOG Saltex
- 20/01/2010 - Proludic appoint head of special projects
- 02/10/2009 - Ludic’ Area from Proludic - The future of Adventure Play
- 26/08/2009 - Proludic revamp Marmian Park
- 22/06/2009 - Risk and Challenge for Playbuilder Play Areas
- 21/04/2009 - Proludic playful landscapes
- 23/03/2009 - Two new play areas for Epsom & Ewell Borough Council
- 24/02/2009 - David Lloyd keeping fit with Proludic kit
- 24/02/2009 - Proludic hands on with Willoughby playground project
- 18/02/2009 - Proludic gets playful with Awsworth Parish Council
- 24/11/2008 - Building Dreams through Public Consultation
- 20/10/2008 - From Shed to Tree: The Business that Grew out of Fun
- 08/10/2008 - Discover the Benefits of Child's Play
- 08/10/2008 - Case Study for the £300,000 Revamp of Children's Park