FROST & SULLIVAN ACKNOWLEDGES SOCOMEC’S REMARKABLE UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY SYSTEM PRODUCT LINES
12 May 2010
Based on its recent analysis of the energy and power systems market, Frost & Sullivan recognises SOCOMEC UPS with the “2009 European Energy & Power Systems Product Line Strategy Award”, for its extensive product range.Although the demand for uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems had dipped due to the economic slowdown, there are pockets of opportunity, which SOCOMEC hopes to tap by introducing advanced products such as Green Power and NETYS RT.
Green Power UPS, its flagship product line, is available from 10-200 kVA and uniquely offers the highest efficiency (96 per cent certified) even when the partial load is operating at 30 per cent or 40 per cent.
This product addresses data centers’ primary concerns of power consumption, availability and total cost of ownership (TCO). The electrical topology of Green Power UPS is based on SOCOMEC’s patented process and offers several advantages such as compact size and low TCO and maintenance.
This product is environmentally friendly, as it reduces energy loss and need for air conditioning and is also compatible with a flywheel energy storage solution. Compared to other UPS systems,
SOCOMEC’s Green Power UPS has a 30 per cent smaller footprint and its electronic battery sensor (EBS) battery charging management extends battery’s lifetime. It offers 24/7/365 remote monitoring and surveillance and as it is connected to the local area network, operators can use it to shutdown the server.
The NETYS RT line comes in the power ranges of 1 kVA to 11 kVA and addresses the needs of servers and networking devices, voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) communication systems and video surveillance equipment. It enhances SOCOMEC’s offering in the low power range, is easy to use and install, available in rack or tower format, has a compact footprint and its broad range of communication protocols facilitates integration with building management systems (BMS).
“Other UPS products in SOCOMEC’s portfolio consists of NETYS PE/PL/PR (0,6-3 kVA), ITYS (1-10 kVA), MODULYS (1.5-24 kVA), MASTERYS (8-120 kVA), and DELPHYS range (60-900 kVA),
which is also available with a flywheel backup energy storage,” says Frost & Sullivan Research Analyst Malavika Tohani. “Apart from UPS systems, the company also manufactures a host of switching and protection equipment and in the past one to two years, has added new products such as switching, control and protection solutions for solar applications, DIRIS A40/A41 energy management solution, STATYS static transfer switch and ATRYS harmonic compensator.”
With Green Power and NETYS RT, SOCOMEC aims to increase its share and presence in the IT segment. The company’s future strategy is to concentrate on the IT and data center segment, where green issues and lower TCO is crucial. Given the depressed market conditions, SOCOMEC expects the sales of Green Power and NETYS RT to compensate for the decline in its other products and help maintain its current status in the European UPS market.
On the strength of its broad range of products, SOCOMEC has been able to extensively cover applications in industrial, transportation, IT, retail and telecommunications. The NETYS, ITYS, Green Power, MODULYS and MASTERYS range of UPS systems find the most application in IT,server, telecom and mobile networks and call centres. The Green Power and VSS+DC flywheel UPS system, with its low carbon footprint, high efficiency and low TCO, is ideal for industrial processes and data centers.
“MODULYS and MASTERYS, with their modular architecture, are particularly suitable for applications where power requirements keep increasing,” notes Tohani. “MASTERYS’ ranges from 8 kVA to 120 kVA works well for industrial process applications, while the DELPHYS IP and
MASTERYS IP+, with their robust constructions, are suitable for applications in harsh and critical environments.”
According to a Frost & Sullivan end-user survey for the industrial UPS markets, one of the most important purchase factors for a UPS is reliability and the biggest consequence end users are worried about during a power failure is loss in production and revenues. The MASTERYS and DELPHYS range, with their sturdy design and fewer components, offers high reliability and are tried and tested products.
SOCOMEC is keen to have a pulse on customers’ requirements and is constantly gathering feedback through its distributors or by participating in trade shows and exhibitions. It also invites customers to special training sessions or seminars to educate them about its products.
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has demonstrated the most insight into the needs and product demands of its customers. The recipient company has optimised its product line by leveraging products with the various price, performance and feature points required by one or more market segments.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices Awards recognise companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development.
Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth iinterviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research in order to identify best practices in the industry.
About SOCOMEC UPS
With over 85 years of experience in the power and electronic field, SOCOMEC is one of the top five players in the worldwide UPS market. The company also has a strong global presence with activities in over 70 countries and 21 subsidiaries worldwide. It offers a wide gamut of products and services such as UPS, industrial switches, relays, transformers, surge arrestors and enclosures, among others. The company recorded a turnover of €310 million in 2009, with the majority of its revenues coming from the sale of UPS systems.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 14/09/2018 - Rail renaissance: are you ready?
- 23/08/2018 - Power Continuity Ltd Chooses SOCOMEC as strategic partner for their World leading Global Automotive Client UK
- 19/07/2018 - Socomec: Your power - always on
- 10/07/2018 - Socomec’s Energy Storage Solution wins award in Munich Innovation Award in the field of energy storage
- 12/04/2018 - Behind the meter – reducing the impact of electricity price rises with the latest battery energy systems from Socomec
- 05/04/2018 - Disruptive Technology - Fit for the digital industrial revolution
- 22/02/2018 - The future of power monitoring- ground breaking technologies for greater simplicity and performance
- 03/03/2017 - Business continuity guaranteed – and returns maximized – with Socomec’s integrated power solutions on show at Data Centre World, March 15th-16th
- 14/09/2016 - Socomec: So … specialist
- 02/09/2016 - The Digital Estate- power quality monitoring with Socomec
- 12/07/2016 - Five reasons to call in the UPS battery replacement specialists
- 22/03/2016 - The latest high availability integrated power solutions from Socomec to be revealed at Data Centre World 2016.
- 22/03/2016 - The latest high availability integrated power solutions from Socomec to be revealed at Data Centre World 2016.
- 23/02/2016 - Socomec provides changeover systems for critical systems at Bupa Cromwell Hospital
- 10/12/2015 - Socomec “lights up” the Champs Elysées!
- 11/09/2015 - Socomec Converts With ATS Bypass At Twickenham Stadium
- 08/07/2015 - Socomec Sirco: certified for marine applications
- 08/07/2015 - Reduce risk and optimise performance – with SOCOMEC’S specialist engineering support
- 08/05/2015 - Socomec’s PADS approved Masterys Rail IP+ UPS to be showcased at Railtex 2015, 12th – 14th May, NEC
- 07/05/2015 - Socomec’s advanced switching solutions - now approved as part of an LUL system in conjunction with AF Switchgear - on show at Railtex 2015, 12th – 14th May, NEC
- 07/05/2015 - Socomec’s latest innovations in low voltage power solutions for safe, reliable and efficient railway infrastructure, on show at Railtex 2015
- 27/02/2015 - Socomec Launches New Modular, Scalable UPS Solution: Delphys Xtend GP
- 10/02/2015 - Socomec awarded PADS Approval
- 31/07/2014 - Socomec: Transforming Data Centres
- 11/04/2014 - Socomec’s latest innovative low voltage power solutions for railway infrastructure.
- 07/04/2014 - High Performance Energy: Guaranteed By Socomec
- 07/04/2014 - High Performance Energy: Guaranteed By Socomec.
- 20/02/2014 - Socomec launches remote monitoring service for Guaranteed Business Continuity
- 11/11/2013 - Socomec: transforming historic spaces
- 11/11/2013 - The Art of Energy Management, by Socomec
- 08/10/2013 - From Kilowatts... To Knots!
- 08/10/2013 - Socomec Masterclass in Maximising Energy and Cost Savings
- 30/07/2013 - Latest Socomec Power Solutions Reduce Energy Costs by up to 30%
- 19/07/2013 - ECA Approval for latest Socomec UPS Systems used in Critical Power Applications
- 19/07/2013 - Socomec UPS and Sudlows - Keeping Metrolink on track with Specialist Critical Power Solutions
- 30/04/2013 - Socomec's latest Critical Power Technology: On show at Railex 2013
- 12/04/2013 - Socomec Integrated Power Systems signal a new dawn in the UK Rail Sector.
- 12/04/2013 - Power Through Control
- 12/04/2013 - SOCOMEC: Guaranteeing energy performance from study to implementation
- 29/01/2013 - Socomec Integrated Power Solutions: The latest innovations on show at Data Centre World, Stand H25, 27th-28th February 2013
- 29/01/2013 - Socomec's UPS Designed Specifically for the UK Railway Infrastructure: On Show at Railex 2013
- 26/11/2012 - Bright Sparks: Socomec UPS and PNU
- 15/11/2012 - Power House: Non-Stop Energy
- 21/08/2012 - WORLD FIRST - Environmentally Friendly Air-Powered Generator System Installed at Stockport Pyramid
- 12/07/2012 - Horse Power!
- 09/07/2012 - Socomec UPS UK Appoints new Sales Manager
- 03/07/2012 - New 2012-2013 Socomec UPS Critical Power Product Catalogue now available
- 21/06/2012 - Socomec UPS appoints new Critical Power Applications Manager
- 10/05/2012 - New Socomec Green Power 2.0 - The very latest in future-proof, energy efficient critical power
- 19/03/2012 - Socomec UPS UK Appoints New Sales Director
- 19/03/2012 - Socomec's Smart Power - On Tour!
- 23/01/2012 - Socomec UPS UK continues to Strengthen
- 13/06/2011 - Socomec UPS Appoints New Service & Maintenance Engineer
- 17/05/2011 - New 2011 Uninterruptible Power Supply product catalogue from socomec UPS
- 17/05/2011 - Protecting Business Continuity - New Technical Note
- 20/04/2011 - Understanding Power Factors in UPS - New Technical Note
- 22/03/2011 - Socomec UPS Appoints New Managing Director
- 11/01/2011 - Modular, Efficient, Secure and Green; the New Socomec Modulys UPS
- 11/01/2011 - Socomec’s Green Power UPS now comes in 320 & 400 kVA
- 06/12/2010 - Socomec UPS to attend at Data Centre World 2011
- 04/11/2010 - M&E – What a Success!
- 01/10/2010 - Ask Socomec UPS about the ECA scheme or their 800/900kVA UPS
- 28/09/2010 - Socomec UPS at M&E – the Building Services event
- 22/09/2010 - Socomec UPS Presenting CPD Seminar at M&E show
- 07/09/2010 - SOCOMEC Group Expands into Romania
- 24/08/2010 - 40kVA UPS now listed on ETP List
- 13/08/2010 - Socomec UPS Attending M&E show 2010
- 08/07/2010 - NEW TECHNICAL UPS MANUAL AVAILABLE
- 08/07/2010 - NEW UPS DATA SLIDE RULE
- 08/06/2010 - 100KVA & 120KVA UPS’S GAIN APPROVAL BY ECA
- 18/05/2010 - NEW UPS PRODUCT CATALOGUE NOW AVAILABLE FROM SOCOMEC UPS
- 22/04/2010 - Socomec at Health Informatics Show
- 14/04/2010 - Ivan Steyert nominated chairman of Socomec
- 15/03/2010 - Developing a 'green' world
- 17/02/2010 - Socomec to release new UPS Slide Rule at Data Centre World Expo
- 29/01/2010 - Socomec to launch new UPS at Data Centre World
- 11/11/2009 - NETYS PR 1500 VA wins Bronze in 'UPS for ICT Networking Applications' competition
- 06/11/2009 - New technical CPD UPS seminar - Green UPS technologies
- 05/11/2009 - Socomec UPS at 4th London RoadSeminar show with The Construction CPD Certification Service
- 04/09/2009 - Socomec announce their UPS first at Building Services
- 14/08/2009 - Socomec UPS on hand at AUE 2009
- 15/06/2009 - ASYS: effective automatic switching
- 08/05/2009 - Socomec environmentally friendly in IT
- 08/05/2009 - UPS Masterys range extended
- 06/05/2009 - New Single Phase NETYS RT from Socomec UPS
- 10/03/2009 - Sailors' Scotland trek raises money for Help for Heroes
- 05/03/2009 - Socomec celebrates 40th anniversary
- 05/03/2009 - Socomec improve UPS range