ANDOVER GOES THE DISTANCE FOR NATIONAL ROAD PLANING
13 May 2010
National Road Planing (NRP), a subsidiary of Tarmac Ltd, has taken delivery of five new drawbars from Andover Trailers to support the operation of its latest cold milling machines throughout the UK.The order comprises two high-specification centre-balance drawbar trailers with beavertails (model CBDBCL 25), designed specifically to carry smaller cold milling machines weighing up to 17 tonnes. This pair is joined by three lighter tri-axle drawbars (model CBDBCLLT 25), custom-built by Andover Trailers to transport Wirtgen’s new, heavier generation of planer. Two of these trailers will operate with W100Fs, and one with the even larger W120F.
These heavy Wirtgen planers are difficult to transport on a traditional drawbar trailer due to their increased weight (1.6 and 1.0 tonnes respectively) with the W120F coming in at 20 tonnes, but Andover Trailers has developed pioneering designs using a careful blend of different steels to combine an ultra-low unladen weight with a model offering utmost strength.
The five trailers purchased by NRP will operate nationally, travelling between destinations ranging from Devon to Edinburgh, and are tough enough to handle long journeys functioning at their maximum gross trailer weight.
Andover goes the distance for National Road Planing
Jamie Town, Operations Director for NRP, commented: “We’ve worked with Andover Trailers many times before, and the company has always provided us with a quality product that is robust, reliable and doesn’t let us down.
“Andover Trailers gets involved from the outset, working closely with the equipment manufacturer to ensure the trailer is perfect for the intended application. All we ever need to do is tell the Andover team what machine we want to carry and they tell us exactly what we need.”
The two centre-balance drawbar trailers are 7.4m long and feature SAF axles, with an optional lifting front axle with auto lower control. The specification also includes hydraulic steady legs coupled to the operation of the 1.2m wide hydraulic power toe ramps, together with Andover’s custom slide-out safety lights.
The three tri-axle drawbars are 10.1m long and use regular SAF axles, with manual swing-down steady legs and 1m wide off-side and 600mm near-side hydraulic power ramps, designed to keep weight to a minimum.
All five of the trailers are fitted with SAF air suspension with raise/lower control, 2 line EEC / EBS braking system with auto slack adjusters and feature an adjustable conveyor support. Like the rest of the fleet, they operate in conjunction with a mix of MAN and Scania tippers.
NRP is a leading UK road planing contractor in the UK, combining 30 years’ experience in the industry with a large technologically advanced fleet. Its 30-strong fleet of cold milling machines covers the whole planing spectrum, from machines for small works in footpaths and around ironwork, through to planers that can cut a full carriageway lane to a depth of 350mm in a single pass.
Andover goes the distance for National Road Planing
For information on the heavy haulage and specialist transport solutions provided by Andover Trailers, contact Ivan Collins at Andover Trailers Ltd, Unit 75, Columbus Way, Walworth Industrial Estate, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 5NP. Tel: 01264 358 944 or e-mail: email@example.com Website: www.andovertrailers.co.uk
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/12/2014 - NEW HEAD OF TRAILER SALES FOR ANDOVER TRAILERS
- 16/05/2014 - Third Time's a charm as O'Brien Contractors orders latest Andover Trailers Plant Body
- 15/05/2014 - Goldhofer bringing latest Axle Technology to the UK
- 20/02/2014 - Innovative Trailer design to help one call hire reduce fuel costs
- 21/11/2013 - Abnormal Load Specialist orders First Five Axle Step Frame from Andover Trailers
- 05/11/2013 - Andover Trailers Storms to Victory Through Sponsorship Deal
- 07/10/2013 - New Trailer marks 10 years of business for Andover Trailers with Northern Irish Heavy Haulier
- 23/09/2013 - Andover Trailers does the job for Smalley Plant Hire
- 13/08/2013 - Reynolds & Read order first Andover Trailers Plant Body
- 23/07/2013 - Andover Trailers is First Choice for Highway Plant Hire
- 03/12/2012 - Ermin Plant Hire delivers with striking new 26 tonner
- 13/08/2012 - New Step Frame Conveys Quality for Hamilton Tarmac
- 13/06/2012 - Blackwood Plant Hire unearths New 56-Tonne Step Frame
- 24/04/2012 - Goldhofer Powers Petrobas Oil Rig Move
- 16/02/2012 - H.E. Services digs deep with significant fleet investment
- 13/01/2012 - Andover Trailers lauded ‘Best In Business’ by Cardiff Haulier
- 04/01/2012 - Goldhofer plays heavy-duty role in Costa Rica Power Plant Construction
- 27/10/2011 - Cotswold Roller Hire expands branch network and truck fleet
- 10/10/2011 - Andover Trailers' Step Frame gets the job done - 'PLANE' AND SIMPLE
- 27/07/2011 - Innovative trailer design from Goldhofer puts haulier ahead of competitors
- 12/07/2011 - Tomato Plant grows with Andover Trailers
- 05/05/2011 - Forklift Specialist chooses bespoke design from Andover Trailers
- 12/04/2011 - 152-Tonne Andover Trailers design marks success story for British Manufacturing
- 10/03/2011 - Plant hire company optimises delivery service with bespoke trailer from Andover
- 14/02/2011 - Decade begins for new Andover Trailers Plant bodies
- 26/01/2011 - Andover's new lightweight step frame targets C&U operators
- 04/11/2010 - CONSISTENT QUALITY FROM ANDOVER TRAILERS
- 11/10/2010 - ANDOVER TRAILERS: THE NEXT GENERATION
- 16/09/2010 - Andover's still got it over ten years on says Linde
- 14/09/2010 - Andover solves herculean task of transporting oil platform
- 07/09/2010 - ANDOVER MAKES DELIVERIES EASIER, SAYS T H WHITE
- 24/08/2010 - GOLDHOFER LAUNCHES NEW 62-METRE WIND BLADE TRAILER
- 06/07/2010 - ANDOVER TRAILERS GOES TO GREAT LENGTHS, SAYS SPEY BAY SALVAGE
- 24/03/2010 - Andover Trailers power through for Scorpion
- 20/01/2010 - Andover plants body trio for Skelton Group
- 06/01/2010 - Andovers' Goldhofer keeps Potteries Heavy Haulage moving
- 18/12/2009 - Goldhofer self propelled transport is big in Japan
- 10/12/2009 - AETs' seven 'wonders' from Andover
- 23/11/2009 - Andover launch partners expandable Trailer
- 20/10/2009 - Hendersons' productivity increased by Andover
- 07/10/2009 - Lifterz scale new heights with Andover Trailers
- 17/09/2009 - Solution couldn't be planer for Andover
- 11/09/2009 - Sky's the limit as Andover signs new distributorship
- 07/09/2009 - Young gun turns to Andover for heavy hauling
- 28/08/2009 - Reigart hits the road with Andover Heavy Hauler
- 13/08/2009 - Andover Trailers ace sports construction specialist
- 07/08/2009 - Andovers' sweet sixteen Drawbar for Tripod Crest
- 22/07/2009 - Osmonds 'brake' milestone record with Andover