Action Storage’s Helps Food Manufacturer to Ensure Highest Possible Hygiene Standards in its Changing Rooms
08 June 2010
In food manufacturing hygiene is always a top priority, and this applies just as much to changing room areas as it does the factory floorStorage equipment specialist Action Storage recently assisted a well known food manufacturer to equip its changing room areas with staff lockers which were specially designed to help ensure high standards of hygiene could be maintained at all times.
In any food manufacturing, healthcare or food retail environment it’s vital that employees have a clean area in which to change from outdoor clothes to minimise the risk of bacteria hitching a ride into production areas. Consequently, clothes lockers need to be easy to clean and built with materials that impede the growth of fungi, mould or algae in which bacteria can grow.
Action Storage’s steel staff lockers are specially designed for this purpose due to a special anti-bacterial paint called Germ Guard. This protective layer reduces the risk of crosscontamination and is proven to reduce the spread of Eschirea coli (E.coli), Methacillin resistant Staphyclococcus Aureus (MRSA) and other forms of bacteria.
The hygienic qualities of the steel lockers were further enhanced with the fitting of sloping tops, to prevent the accumulation of rubbish, and base stands so the floor could be easily accessed and scrubbed clean throughout the day.
With many of its staff travelling to work on motor cycles, the food manufacturer also wanted staff lockers that would be large enough to store helmets, jackets and other bulky outdoor wear. Action Storage’s crew lockers are fitted with a top shelf for storing helmets and have
large compartments with double coat hooks. In fact, one version is designed to be large enough to store bullet proof vests and used as police lockers.
More information on Action Storage’s range of staff lockers and other storage equipment can be found on its website, where you can also order or download its new 160 page catalogue free of charge. The emergency services and other public sector organisations can place orders on credit with a valid purchase order, and all online orders receive a 5% discount.
About Action Storage
For over 23 years Action Storage has supplied shelving, racking and other storage equipment using the latest materials and innovative designs. Its clients include supermarkets, warehouses, government offices, schools and anyone else requiring high quality storage
systems throughout the UK and mainland Europe.
Action Storage prides itself on its high service levels, and provides a free, unique advice line for discussing your requirements and assessing the perfect storage solution.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 16/08/2013 - Extreme Plastic Lockers
- 29/07/2013 - Action Storage® & RNLI encourage safety among boat users
- 07/01/2013 - Visit to China: eXtreme Plastic Locker
- 07/01/2013 - Overseas Trade into Japan
- 10/12/2012 - Action Storage Systems: Quality Management System Registration
- 13/08/2012 - eXtreme Plastic Lockers® export into Canada
- 06/07/2012 - eXtreme Plastic Locker® development program
- 06/07/2012 - Sturdy and secure – Atlas Cupboards, Order the flat pack option for 15% discount
- 27/06/2012 - Sturdy and secure – Atlas® Lockers, Order now for the new Academic year
- 20/03/2012 - Action Storage Releases New Catalogue Packed with Over 4000 Types of Shelving, Lockers and other Storage Systems
- 20/03/2012 - Action Storage’s Innovative and Cost Effective Lockers Enable Schools to Get the Maximum Value from their Remaining Budget
- 25/10/2011 - Action Storage releases winter preparation and maintenance kits for businesses’ their Doors Open when Snow Arrives
- 05/10/2011 - Action Storage® is proud to launch www.lockers-plus.co.uk
- 08/09/2011 - 25th Anniversary Party for Action Storage Systems®
- 06/07/2011 - With its Unique Survey and Design Service, Action Storage Assists Over 300 Retail Stores to Maximise their Stockroom Space
- 02/06/2011 - Action Storage Offers Free Delivery on all Lockers, Shelving and the 4000 Other Products in its Range
- 24/05/2011 - Action Storage’s Supershelf™ Helps Retailers Prepare for a Summer Recovery
- 24/05/2011 - Action Storage Helps More Workplaces to Benefit from Cycling to Work
- 20/04/2011 - Action Storage’s Atlas Lockers® Help Schools to Provide Secure Storage Facilities on a Shrinking Budget
- 07/03/2011 - Action Storage celebrates 25 years of maximising storage space
- 26/01/2011 - Action Storage Celebrates 25th Anniversary with Launch of New 2011 Catalogue
- 24/11/2010 - Action Storage Partners with Canopies UK
- 16/11/2010 - New eXtreme® Lockers Website Launches for Global Audience
- 18/10/2010 - Action Storage’s eXtreme™ Plastic Locker Range Spreads Around the Globe
- 02/09/2010 - Action Storage provide shelving for Aberdeen Library
- 12/08/2010 - Action Storage’s Rental Scheme Enables Schools to Provide Secure Locker Storage without it Draining their Budget
- 13/07/2010 - Action Storage Provides Hockey Women’s Champions Trophy with Free eXtreme® Storage Lockers
- 08/06/2010 - Action Storage Assists Yet another Westfield Retailer to Open on Time
- 10/05/2010 - Action Storage Helps City Electrical Factors Maximise its Storage Facilities
- 13/04/2010 - Action Storage eXtreme® Locker helps rejuvenate Swimming Pool storage
- 09/03/2010 - Action Storage launch 2010 catalogue
- 21/07/2009 - Price and productivity savings with Action Storage catalogue launch
- 08/12/2008 - Stuck for Storage?
- 04/12/2008 - Action Storage shows the benefits of ‘Making the most of your storage space’
- 03/12/2008 - Action Storage Helps Westfield Retailers Open on Time
- 10/10/2008 - Action Storage’s Supershelf Shelving Maximises Retail Stockroom Space