08 June 2010
C-TEC’S QUANTEC CALL SYSTEM PROTECTS NEW MENTAL HEALTH CENTREC-TEC’s revolutionary Quantec addressable call system is playing a key role protecting a new £6.5M purpose-built mental health centre in Kendray, Barnsley.
Located adjacent to the existing Kendray Hospital site and linked to the main hospital by a connecting corridor, the Oakwell Centre is a brand new acute mental health unit consisting of two 15 bed separate male and female wards, a six bed Intensive Care Unit and a therapy / administration area.
The Hospital’s management team and staff were already familiar with Quantec as C-TEC’s powerful call/staff attack system has been in operation at the main Hospital for many years now. Hence the UK- manufactured system, with its flexible call routing and multiple call levels, was the obvious choice for the new Oakwell Centre.
Specialist installation company Solid State were appointed by leading Mechanical and Electrical Contractors, Haden Young, to supply, install and commission the system. As Barnsley NHS Trust was already an existing client and required a company fully conversant with the technical nuances of Quantec, Solid State were involved from early tender stage. A crucial part of this process was to demonstrate how Quantec would benefit the new facility to existing staff, the design team and the clinical management team. Throughout the project, Solid State assisted the design team with the system’s development.
The specification also called for infrared staff-attack coverage in all patient areas, including external spaces and courtyards. Consequently, Quantec’s innovative radio receivers and pagers were introduced throughout the entire site to enhance the coverage of the centre’s staff-attack system. Infrared master receivers were housed in IP rated boxes mounted under the soffits covering the external courtyards and walkways.
Extensive testing of addressable call systems in medical facilities is vital. Solid State’s engineers checked the system’s functionality thoroughly by activating the transmitters all around the outside of the building to ensure that they operated correctly in daylight. Another important consideration was to assess what kind of line of sight distances were involved with few or no reflective surfaces assisting the reception externally.
Said Liam Odgen, Project Manager at Solid State: “Although we are used to carrying out major installations in hospitals and care facilities, this project was particularly challenging due to the sheer number of devices required – over 500 – and the complicated ‘cause and effects’ requested by the client. However, the overall installation was an outstanding success and testament to our extensive experience in managing healthcare projects of this size”.
For more information, please contact C-TEC’s marketing department on 01942 322744.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 28/07/2016 - C-TEC Launches New Interactive Website
- 28/04/2016 - C-Tec to exhibit new cast systems at Firex
- 14/01/2016 - New Dementia Care Centre Selects C-TEC Systems
- 26/11/2015 - To The Manor Born!
- 19/11/2015 - Splendid Isolation Created by C-TEC’s Innovation
- 27/10/2015 - Fire Stations opt for C-TEC’s Power Supplies
- 24/08/2015 - C-Tec to exhibit at SSA 2015
- 07/07/2015 - Manchester's hottest new hotel selects C-TEC's revolutionary ZFP Fire Panel
- 04/06/2015 - C-TEC appoints new export business development manager
- 14/05/2015 - C-TEC Launches Free CAD Downloads
- 06/05/2015 - C-TEC to unveil revolutionary new protocol at Firex
- 05/05/2015 - C-TEC on trend at Matalan's new headquarters
- 20/03/2015 - C-TEC's touch screen controlled ZFP fire panel excels at co-educational school in St Helens
- 08/10/2014 - A Top Performance by C-TEC ZFP Killeavy Sports Clubs
- 11/09/2014 - C-TEC TO EXHIBIT AT SECURITY ESSEN 2014
- 06/05/2014 - Seminar Success for C-Tec
- 10/02/2014 - C-Tec Launches new Induction Loop Amplifier
- 10/12/2013 - Full Steam Ahead!
- 23/09/2013 - Going For Gold!
- 22/07/2013 - Touch and Go!
- 16/05/2013 - Top Award for C-Tec Apprentice
- 21/02/2013 - A New Director at C-Tec
- 20/09/2012 - C-Tec to Exhibit at ESSEN 2012
- 28/05/2012 - Caring Times
- 05/04/2012 - Boxing Clever!
- 20/02/2012 - On the Ball!
- 17/01/2012 - Under Pressure!
- 14/11/2011 - C-Tecs New Call Controllers Now Available
- 13/10/2011 - On Call!
- 11/10/2011 - Cool Cuisine! Esteemed grocery chain opts for C-Tec's Life Safety Equipment
- 10/10/2011 - Flying The Flag!
- 13/09/2011 - C-Tec exhibiting at the Care Show London
- 04/08/2011 - C-TEC’S New Trade Price List
- 11/07/2011 - C-Tec appoint new Technical Account Manager
- 05/10/2010 - C-TECS HUSH THOSE FALSE ALARMS SEMINAR AT FIREX NORTH
- 14/09/2010 - Outstanding outstations from C-Tec
- 24/08/2010 - SENSATIONAL STEEL
- 08/06/2010 - IN THE LOOP!
- 23/03/2010 - C-TECs' XFP installed at Newcastles' new Namco Gaming Centre.
- 22/03/2010 - IFSEC to host C-Tec 'UK Fire Safety Laws' seminar
- 26/02/2010 - C-Tecs' SigNET heard in Crown Court
- 25/02/2010 - New Stainless Steel Enclosure from C-Tec
- 24/02/2010 - C-tecs' Epic installation of fire alarm control panel
- 11/02/2010 - Signet new LS Voice Alarm scores at new stadium
- 17/12/2009 - C-Tec innovative Quantec Call System installed at new medical facility
- 13/11/2009 - C-Tec are on the pull!
- 28/10/2009 - Further growth in pipeline as C-Tec expands R&D team
- 21/09/2009 - C-Tecs' Quantec call system installed at Blackpools' new primary care centre
- 27/08/2009 - C-Tec complete installation at prestigious nursing home
- 21/08/2009 - C-Tec launch new short-form catalogue
- 21/07/2009 - Hush button a big hit in student hall of residence
- 21/04/2009 - C-Tec procedures now approved by BSI, LPCB and VdS
- 28/01/2009 - Third party VDS approval for C-Tecs' Power Supplies
- 02/12/2008 - Solid State Complete Major Project at Prestigious Food Store
- 08/10/2008 - Pioneering Engineering
- 01/10/2008 - Call for Assistance with your Finger, Fist, Foot or Elbow
- 30/09/2008 - C-Tec Release New Strip-Switch Call Signalling System
- 18/09/2008 - C-Tec's Hush Buttons Installed at Luxury Housing Development
- 29/08/2008 - C-TECs Release Bigger and Better Catologue
- 21/07/2008 - LPCB 'Panel' Approval for C-TEC