INTRODUCES STAND-ALONE TOUCH-SCREEN SYSTEM
01 July 2010
Traka has boosted its extensive product range with the launch of a stand-alone touch-screen system. This new Traka Touch is an independent, device that simplifies key management whilst improving efficiency and accuracy.Traka Touch makes keys available to authorised users 24/7, independently working of any server or IT network. This systems is a sophisticated key management solution where everything is controlled via the touch screen on the front panel: from the initial set-up of users and keys, right through to day-to-day access. Its ‘plug and play’ system uses embedded Windows® software and is both fast to configure and easy to use. However, its inherent simplicity doesn’t prevent it from providing high-level data. Management reports can be viewed directly on screen or exported via a USB port and the system has full audit capability, retaining a complete history of all transactions.
Everything needed to install and implement the Traka Touch system is contained in the unit itself: all the customer has to do is plug it in. There’s no need for a connection to an IT network and no server is required to manage the database. Significantly, the system uses an internal solid state memory and memory card to retain audit capability for all key transactions.
Each user must be identified at the cabinet using either a PIN code, a magnetic swipe card or biometric fingerprint recognition. Individual access levels can be pre-set and LED displays confirm which keys are available to particular users when they access the cabinet. Searching for an ‘out-of-system’ key is easy and the Traka Touch will also indicate who took it and when. This feature is invaluable if users need to know who accessed the store room out of hours last Friday, or who was driving the white Transit two weeks ago!
Technically, the Touch has been developed with the quality and attention to detail that customers have come to expect from Traka. Features include a full-colour 7” touch screen, embedded Windows CE and SQL server database and a solid state memory holding over 250,000 events - all supported by a voice-synthesised help facility. Its reporting functions enable transaction reports to be displayed on the screen, showing information such as who accessed a key and when it was returned. By plugging in a USB memory stick, reports can be exported ready for printing or use on a PC. Automatic data back-up to a removable SD card protects the records held on the Touch whilst an automatic battery back-up, with a soft close-down in the event of battery drain, ensures no loss of data.
During extensive trials in various markets and environments, the Traka Touch proved to be extremely popular. ”Early feedback from the marketplace is very encouraging,” says Martyn Baker of Traka. “A leading UK retail chain reports improved key management at store level. The company now plans to install one at each of its stores in the UK. It’s a brilliantly simple but effective solution, which makes key management straightforward both for staff and managers. And, because it’s stand-alone, it’s easy to deploy locally, without having to involve staff from the corporate IT team or head office.”
“The Traka Touch is a very exciting development for us,” adds Martyn Baker. “We’ve used the latest embedded processing technology to give an advanced key management system which doesn’t need to be integrated into customers’ existing networks. It’s been designed and developed as a highly versatile and cost effective key management tool.”
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 13/05/2011 - German Red Cross relies on Traka for home emergency service
- 13/05/2011 - Traka controls for truck keys for Tesco saving £1m a year
- 13/05/2011 - Traka make key management affordable even for small fleets
- 27/04/2011 - Traka to highlight intelligent asset management and dock door control at Safety & Health Expo
- 10/12/2010 - Traka system enables fork truck control for Jaguar Land Rover
- 10/11/2010 - TRAKA CABINET PROVES TOO TOUGH FOR ARMED ROBBERS
- 01/07/2010 - RIGOROUS SAFETY PROCESSES REINFORCED BY TRAKA
- 16/06/2010 - INTELLIGENT TRAKA SYSTEMS OFFER HIGH SECURITY FOR CASINO KEYS
- 20/05/2010 - TRAKA SYSTEM BRINGS GREATER SECURITY AND REDUCTION OF COSTS
- 19/11/2009 - Traka provides restricted tool access
- 13/08/2009 - NHS Trust takes on Traka
- 13/08/2009 - Traka exetnds iFob application for Holland Flower Auction
- 13/08/2009 - Traka saves Tesco 2 minutes with potential to save over £1m
- 10/06/2009 - Leicester NHS Healthcare Trust installs Traka for key security
- 09/06/2009 - Casinos world wide use Traka for intelligent key management control
- 09/06/2009 - Trakas' key to efficiency for Guilford Borough Council
- 09/06/2009 - Traka helps petrochemical industry procedures for use in process control lockout
- 09/06/2009 - Traka for tool control
- 09/06/2009 - Utility company Bristol Water keying-in with Traka
- 08/06/2009 - Traka iFobs - "intelligent" keys for industrial vehicles
- 08/06/2009 - Hotels key-in with Traka
- 27/05/2009 - Traka Alcolock Key Management meets safety obligations with compulsory breath testing
- 18/03/2009 - Police upgrade to Traka electronic key control
- 10/12/2008 - The British Library Improves Security for some of History's most Treasured Literature
- 29/10/2008 - Traka’s Royal Stamp of Approval is marked by visit from a Royal Guest
- 16/10/2008 - Crowning Traka
- 04/08/2008 - Who said 'there's no such thing as a silver bullet'?
- 07/07/2008 - Electronic Key Security Manufacturer Wins Queen’s Award Again