ClearView digital CCTV & IP network reduces crime at Writtle College
15 July 2010
The digital CCTV and viewing over IP network was instaled by ClearView Communications at internationally renowned Writtle College in Essex, which was experiencing the common dilemma of maintaining an open and welcoming environment to its cosmopolitan studeThe use of CCTV has enabled main thoroughfares of this substantial 220 - hectare estate, which has numerous out buildings as well as car parks and bicycle sheds, to be monitored without obstructing much needed access by means of physical barriers.
The college enlisted ClearView Communications who had completed a site survey which recommended that an IP system be utilised. This system would take advantage of the colleges' existing local area network. This solution has provided a more proactive management tool, with authorised users being able to access live or stored images on their PC at any time, without any loss of live event recording.
Modular solutions like this also offer the additional advantage that additional cameras and recorders can be added to the network as the College expands. The use of a digital recording system has already been instrumental
in reducing campus crime.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 21/02/2012 - ClearView ANPR client wins IT Industry Award
- 11/03/2011 - Wireless CCTV for British Library
- 02/12/2010 - Integrated Security Management System provides ClearView of security disciplines
- 29/11/2010 - ClearView launch mDVRs for vehicle CCTV
- 15/11/2010 - ClearViews' Ethernet over Power (EoP) for security networks
- 23/09/2010 - ClearView at the Shard
- 12/09/2010 - Clear view for plastic card manufacturers
- 27/08/2010 - ClearView upgrade CCTV at James Hornsby School
- 03/08/2010 - ClearView upgrade CCTV at Essex school
- 08/07/2010 - Clearview launch CCTV image databasing software
- 07/07/2010 - CCTV Smart Car provides ClearView of traffic enforcement
- 29/04/2010 - ClearView to launch GateREG ANPR System at IFSEC