API 685 Pumps ready for oil and petrochemical industry duties
26 July 2010
The range of heavy duty canned motor pumps, designed to be compliant with the US Petroleum Industry specification API 685 for sealless centrifugal pumps, are now available through UK pump specialists Michael Smith Engineers.The Nikkiso-KSB API 685 canned motor centrifugal pump range is suited to applications in the petroleum, chemical, gas and oil refinery sectors and is ideal for transferring hydrocarbons, liquids with a low boiling point, liquefied gases, heat transfer media and also liquids containing solids.
The pumps, which provide flow rates up to 360 m3/h and heads up to 220 metres, are designed for system pressures up to 40 bar and can withstand nozzle moments and forces four times higher than required by API 685.
The pumps have centreline supported casings and include wear rings located on the casing as well as the casing cover, helping to minimising maintenance costs. The pumps incorporate an automatic thrust balancing system which allows the bearing / thrust washer to function at minimised thrust loads over the entire usable capacity range to ensure optimum pumping performance.
The Nikkiso KSB canned motor pumps come with an easy-to-read ‘E’ monitor with an LED display (local or remote), which indicates the axial and radial rotor position during pump operation alerting users to possible bearing wear and so helps to prevent motor stator damage or failure which can cause un-scheduled down time.
The Nikkiso-KSB API 685 canned motor centrifugal pump range are designed for mounting horizontally. A vertical configuration with in-line suction and discharge ports is also available. All the pumps offer secondary containment as standard.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 18/01/2012 - Viking Gear Pumps with electronic heating available from Michael Smith
- 14/11/2011 - Tough, heavy duty Gear Pumps from Michael Smith are easy to maintain
- 20/10/2011 - Michael Smith adds to Micro Annular Gear Pump range
- 13/09/2011 - Sealless Pumps help solve 'sticky' problem
- 17/08/2011 - Michael Smith extends leak free plastic Mag Drive Pump range
- 19/07/2011 - Leak free, seal-less Mag Drive Pump from Michael Smith for critical applications
- 20/06/2011 - Mag-Drive Pumps meet the challenges of Ultrasonic Cleaning
- 31/01/2011 - Michael Smith extends self priming Mag-Drive Pump range
- 24/11/2010 - Michael Smiths' Precision Gear Pumps ideal for rubber & plastics processing
- 25/10/2010 - Shorter shaft electric Drum Pump from Michael Smith Engineers ideal for smaller containers
- 20/08/2010 - Micheal Smith Engineers' made-to-measure Micropumps for OEM applications
- 19/05/2010 - Michael Smith Engineers' non-stop pumps help keep coffee production flowing
- 05/05/2010 - DRUM PUMPS SUIT ACIDS, CHEMICALS AND CORROSIVES
- 18/09/2009 - Accurate & reliable dispensing for challenging liquids
- 23/07/2009 - PFA lined Gear Pumps meet the challenge at lower cost
- 26/06/2009 - Sealless Pumps meet pressures of centralised cleaning
- 21/05/2009 - Powerful new Motors for portable drum emtying pumps from Michael Smith Engineers