MiniTec UK helps bring a smile for PictureBlast party photo booth service
02 August 2010
The abundant possibilities for MiniTec Profile System machine building and framing systems occasionally suit some 'off-the-wall' applications arising due to the sheer adaptability the range offers .A recent example is the design and supply of portable photo booths for Coventry based PictureBlast, whose distinctive photo equipment hire service provides a fun element and a wow factor for all types of events such as wedding receptions, exhibitions, corporate launch promotions as well as company and individual party celebrations.
A PictureBlast photo booth is similar in concept to the high street shop/passport photo variety except that the booth is larger, looks much more exciting and is assembled at the venue for the exclusive use of guests with free instantly printed souvenir photos and website downloadable images available after the event. With a mixture of imagination and decorum being the pre-requisites for memories of the occasion – they even include a blast of hair-raising air to make the pictures even more interesting.
PictureBlast is run by Paul Entwistle who started the business in 2008 and has now notched up more than 200 events, many for major organisations such as Starbucks, River Island and HSBC. Having researched the market thoroughly and found that most of his competitors booths were just too lightweight for the job in hand, Entwistle preferred his own design at the outset and commissioned local suppliers for fabricated wooden and metal framed variants with canvas panels.
These booths are still being used today but the latest design using MiniTec framing components, the SuperBooth was borne out of a need to add an even smarter and more aesthetic element to the construction to attract new corporate clients. Other important specifications included seriously speeding the on-site assembly and break down time whilst maintaining a lightweight yet robust structure suitable for up to 8 people to use at a time (think of two thirds of a rugby team on a stag night and you get an idea of just how durable the design needed to be).
There was also a requirement to ensure that the construction was entirely from standard and easily replaced parts on fast delivery times as existing custom fabricated designs had proven a problem in the event of damage caused by 'over enthusiastic' participants. Furthermore the design required provision for a built-in seating area and should include stage lighting within the booth to help improve both the comfort for guests and the final image quality - which in turn helps tremendously with overall customer satisfaction.
Initially, Entwistle gave MiniTec applications engineers an outline of his requirements by telephone in which he interpreted the design as 'standard parts with bespoke looks'. As the job was urgent, due to an impending event that would benefit from the new booth, he visited MiniTecs' Basingstoke factory the following day where a ProfileSystem mock up was ready and awaiting his inspection. This fast service was made possible by the adaptable nature of the ProfileSystem and its unique Powerlock® fastening system that allows rapid assembly with no pre-machining of the profile other than simply cutting each frame member to its required length. Unlike competitive extruded framing systems there is no need to drill and prepare each individual joint as a simple 8 mm Allen Key is all that is required.
During the visit it was demonstrated that assembly time for the new booth would be much faster. In fact the final design reduces assembly and breakdown time by at least 50% which is seen as a real cost saving. The final unit was delivered within a week of the visit.
The site visit also revealed that a combination of acrylic plastic panels for the walls would make the final design even more durable and together with the anodised finish on the framing components, would allow the more 'classier' look and feel that PictureBlast required. The provision for panels could also extend to exhibition style panelling using PictureBlasts' own graphics expertise for corporate livery or other artwork relevant for the event.
The final design size included ProfileSystem in a nominal sectional size of 45 mm2 with an overall volume of around 1.8 m length x 1.2 m width and a height of almost 2.0 m. To protect the expensive camera system, a reinforced double panel arrangement was suggested at the 'technology end' of the booth using 45 mm x 90 mm profile. The adaptable 'T' slot system could easily accommodate the stage lighting and an optional seating platform could be quickly built into the booth if required. In addition, numerous standard fixings were supplied in case of accidental loss.
The SuperBooth is packed into four storage crates for straightforward transportation to each venue and takes less than 30 minutes to assemble and even less to break down. The design also allows for easy adaptation for a larger, increased length SuperBooth should the need arise (perhaps for the whole rugby team!). PictureBlast are also thinking of a similar sized design that might break down into even smaller sections to aid carrying to venues with more challenging access - all is possible with ProfileSystem.
Well impressed with the speedy design service and fast delivery, Paul says;
"MiniTec responded so quickly, did exactly what we asked and gave us far more possibilities than we anticipated. The new SuperBooth has already proven its robustness and has opened up new market areas for us including supplying our design to the emerging party booth market throughout Europe and the Middle East - where nothing quite like the MiniTec solution is available."
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 26/05/2016 - The Flexible Aluminium Profile System For A Range of Applications
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec helps the Aviva Rugby Championship winning streak
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec purpose built trolleys help a turbo shaft manufacturer improve operational efficiency
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec – manufacturer of profiling systems celebrates 30 year anniversary in 2016
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec UK Ltd – combines UK expertise with original German engineering to achieve global reach - truly the art of simplicity
- 17/05/2016 - Design your own aluminium profile application with iCAD online – the art of simplicity
- 17/05/2016 - MiniTec build a bespoke test room for Magnetic Shields Ltd
- 05/11/2015 - MiniTec designs and supplies display cabinets for National Physical Laboratory ‘Super Sight’ stand
- 19/10/2015 - Another machine framing hole in one!
- 14/09/2015 - Engineering Design Show
- 08/07/2015 - From simple frames to automated factory: MiniTec’s new Profile System catalogue is a must-have resource for machinery and equipment design
- 19/06/2015 - MiniTec launches new mini-sized framing profile and matching component range - for smaller machines and structures
- 11/05/2015 - MiniTec supplies flexible manufacturing cell with Kanban storage for The Proving Factory
- 12/02/2015 - Machine framing products with global sales & support: MiniTec’s profile system helps Zen realise putting perfection for golfers
- 07/01/2015 - MiniTec UK Increases range of equipment for Autosport 2015
- 30/09/2014 - MiniTec to exhibit at Engineering Design Show
- 05/09/2014 - MiniTec UK - Engineering Design Show preview
- 10/07/2014 - Part-system build service for OEMs: MiniTec’s full service (supply chain management) capability benefits Cobalt Light Systems
- 10/01/2014 - MiniTec workstations help provide quality and consistency for aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul provider MAEL
- 21/11/2013 - Show preview: MiniTec UK Ltd, Stand Number 8244
- 17/10/2013 - MiniTec launches new KanTainer – a storage system for kanban production
- 23/08/2013 - MiniTec’s new adapters combine perfectly for multi-axis linear positioning systems
- 14/06/2013 - MiniTec keeps motorsports spick and span
- 27/09/2012 - MiniTec's new UMS pallet circulation conveyor suits a wide range of applications in materials handling
- 11/09/2012 - MiniTec to exhibit at Engineering Design Show
- 04/09/2012 - MiniTec launches spiral conveyor for high-throughput materials handling
- 09/07/2012 - MiniTec launch new LMS Linearmodul actuators for complete automation flexibility
- 21/06/2012 - MiniTec introduces a new range of components for noise reduction screens and acoustic enclosures
- 17/01/2012 - IPSOL's solar panel centre of excellence uses MiniTec Profile System
- 14/04/2010 - MiniTec launch Office Cube profile system
- 17/02/2010 - MiniTec News brochure proves that excellence is in the detail
- 17/02/2010 - MiniTec UK lanch two Profi-Team catalogues featuring conveyor systems for assembly and inspection lines
- 29/01/2010 - Workplace System catalogue from MiniTec covers all bases
- 27/01/2010 - MiniTec success at MB&A
- 26/01/2010 - New conveyor catalogue from MiniTec includes expanded range
- 25/01/2010 - MiniTec compiles reference guide on machine framing system design and applications
- 25/11/2009 - Fast turnaround for Conveyor Systems from MiniTec
- 11/11/2009 - MiniTecs' 2009 brochure shows that excellence is in the detail for machine framing systems
- 06/11/2009 - New MiniTec Profi-Team catalogues provide overview of modular conveyor systems for manufacturing, assembly and inspection lines
- 19/01/2009 - MiniTec UK launches new GFK90 flexible link chain conveyor system
- 09/10/2007 - New stainless steel profile provides durable machine framing system