More than your average software support
12 August 2010
When it comes to supporting hair salons, the team at Shortcuts always give it their best,Which is why they’ve called in ultra runner Stuart Rose, a man who has run more than 50 marathons, to train them for the Manchester 10K in May and help raise thousands for HAIRraising.
Ultra runners are renowned for the immense distances they run; Stuart’s record is 100 miles in 24 hours. It takes gruelling training and the team at Shortcuts are ready to take the punishment. However, Stuart has promised to tone it down as some of the team have never run before, but they only have until 16 May to prepare.
“It’s all about getting into the mindset,” says Stuart, “and getting into regular training a few nights a week. I’m going to set them a schedule and, hopefully, working together they’ll get into shape and manage the run easily.”
Shortcuts, the market leader in salon software, decided to do the run as a way of supporting HAIRraising, the industry’s fundraising appeal. It was launched by John Frieda to raise £1 million towards the cost of new operating theatres at Great Ormond Street Hospital and is currently recruiting thousands of hairdressers, all of whom will invite customers to add a £1 donation to their bill in aid of the appeal.
“As we are not a salon, we can’t ask clients to add £1 to their bill, so we searched around for another way to support the charity,” says Tom Bentley-Taylor, general manager of Shortcuts. “This is an amazing charity appeal and we wanted to get behind it 100 per cent.”
Shortcuts is the leading provider of salon software, more than 11,000 clients around the world, and the firm is hoping clients will donate just a few pounds to support the run.
“If just a fraction of our clients donate, we could still raise thousands of pounds for HAIRraising,” adds Tom.
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 12/08/2010 - E-marketing is the cheapest, most effective way to drive up business during the quiet period over the summer
- 12/08/2010 - Best of British use Shortcuts
- 12/08/2010 - Nine out of 10 owners prefer it
- 14/08/2009 - Shortcuts Software launches Facebook booking application
- 28/05/2009 - Shortcuts' clients good hair day at the Sapphires
- 09/09/2008 - Charity Day for Hair and Beauty
- 09/11/2007 - Wella Professionals and Shortcuts Software Announce Joint Alliance
- 09/11/2007 - The Shortcuts Health Check that aids Salons and Spas
- 09/11/2007 - Salon Refits being revolutionised by Your Salon Alliance
- 09/11/2007 - AVEDA installs Shortcuts