GOLDHOFER LAUNCHES NEW 62-METRE WIND BLADE TRAILER
24 August 2010
Goldhofer has launched a new flatbed semi-trailer for transporting wind power plant blades up to 62 metres long.The new Goldhofer SPZ-P 3AAA is the first trailer to be designed to carry turbine blades still in their shipping frames, and has the capacity to extend from 20 to 62 metres.
Its deep extendable spine can take a 13-tonne load 10 metres from the front, which is where the frame’s front bolster supports the blade. The rear bolster can then be transported at the extreme rear of the trailer, with the blade extending 10 metres behind it. This increases manoeuvrability and reduces trailer length to 52 metres.
Ivan Collins, Sales Director of Andover Trailers, the sole UK distributor of Goldhofer heavy haulage equipment in the UK and Ireland, says the trailer is likely to be a big hit with wind farm manufacturers and specialist hauliers. The UK has more than 260 wind farms and almost 3,000 turbines – and wind power is its second largest source of renewable energy after biomass.
“No one’s seen anything as impressive as this over here,” says Collins. “Its length is astounding enough – let alone all its special features.”
Goldhofer launches new 62-metre wind blade trailer.
The trailer’s three rows of pendular axles give a steering angle of 60˚, and its hydraulic suspension has an axle stroke of 600 mm, meaning any stress is taken off the blade during off-road transportation.
It has a gross weight of 62 tonnes and a payload of 38.3 tonnes, with a deck height of 1 metre when laden. At a loaded height of approximately 4.3 metres, it can pass through tunnels and under bridges – including through the Elbe tunnel in Hamburg, which saves a long detour on certain continental routes.
Transportation of blades on the new trailer complies fully with all Vestas transport requirements.
Goldhofer is a global specialist in heavy haulage and special transportation, catering for the movement of everything from super-yachts to submarines as well as plant and materials for the mining, construction, chemical and power industries.
For information on the heavy haulage and specialist transport solutions provided by Andover Trailers, contact Ivan Collins at Andover Trailers Ltd, Unit 75, Columbus Way, Walworth Industrial Estate, Andover, Hampshire, SP10 5NP. Tel: 01264 358 944 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.andovertrailers.co.uk tr
Other Press Releases By This Company
- 05/12/2014 - NEW HEAD OF TRAILER SALES FOR ANDOVER TRAILERS
- 16/05/2014 - Third Time's a charm as O'Brien Contractors orders latest Andover Trailers Plant Body
- 15/05/2014 - Goldhofer bringing latest Axle Technology to the UK
- 20/02/2014 - Innovative Trailer design to help one call hire reduce fuel costs
- 21/11/2013 - Abnormal Load Specialist orders First Five Axle Step Frame from Andover Trailers
- 05/11/2013 - Andover Trailers Storms to Victory Through Sponsorship Deal
- 07/10/2013 - New Trailer marks 10 years of business for Andover Trailers with Northern Irish Heavy Haulier
- 23/09/2013 - Andover Trailers does the job for Smalley Plant Hire
- 13/08/2013 - Reynolds & Read order first Andover Trailers Plant Body
- 23/07/2013 - Andover Trailers is First Choice for Highway Plant Hire
- 03/12/2012 - Ermin Plant Hire delivers with striking new 26 tonner
- 13/08/2012 - New Step Frame Conveys Quality for Hamilton Tarmac
- 13/06/2012 - Blackwood Plant Hire unearths New 56-Tonne Step Frame
- 24/04/2012 - Goldhofer Powers Petrobas Oil Rig Move
- 16/02/2012 - H.E. Services digs deep with significant fleet investment
- 13/01/2012 - Andover Trailers lauded ‘Best In Business’ by Cardiff Haulier
- 04/01/2012 - Goldhofer plays heavy-duty role in Costa Rica Power Plant Construction
- 27/10/2011 - Cotswold Roller Hire expands branch network and truck fleet
- 10/10/2011 - Andover Trailers' Step Frame gets the job done - 'PLANE' AND SIMPLE
- 27/07/2011 - Innovative trailer design from Goldhofer puts haulier ahead of competitors
- 12/07/2011 - Tomato Plant grows with Andover Trailers
- 05/05/2011 - Forklift Specialist chooses bespoke design from Andover Trailers
- 12/04/2011 - 152-Tonne Andover Trailers design marks success story for British Manufacturing
- 10/03/2011 - Plant hire company optimises delivery service with bespoke trailer from Andover
- 14/02/2011 - Decade begins for new Andover Trailers Plant bodies
- 26/01/2011 - Andover's new lightweight step frame targets C&U operators
- 04/11/2010 - CONSISTENT QUALITY FROM ANDOVER TRAILERS
- 11/10/2010 - ANDOVER TRAILERS: THE NEXT GENERATION
- 16/09/2010 - Andover's still got it over ten years on says Linde
- 14/09/2010 - Andover solves herculean task of transporting oil platform
- 07/09/2010 - ANDOVER MAKES DELIVERIES EASIER, SAYS T H WHITE
- 06/07/2010 - ANDOVER TRAILERS GOES TO GREAT LENGTHS, SAYS SPEY BAY SALVAGE
- 13/05/2010 - ANDOVER GOES THE DISTANCE FOR NATIONAL ROAD PLANING
- 24/03/2010 - Andover Trailers power through for Scorpion
- 20/01/2010 - Andover plants body trio for Skelton Group
- 06/01/2010 - Andovers' Goldhofer keeps Potteries Heavy Haulage moving
- 18/12/2009 - Goldhofer self propelled transport is big in Japan
- 10/12/2009 - AETs' seven 'wonders' from Andover
- 23/11/2009 - Andover launch partners expandable Trailer
- 20/10/2009 - Hendersons' productivity increased by Andover
- 07/10/2009 - Lifterz scale new heights with Andover Trailers
- 17/09/2009 - Solution couldn't be planer for Andover
- 11/09/2009 - Sky's the limit as Andover signs new distributorship
- 07/09/2009 - Young gun turns to Andover for heavy hauling
- 28/08/2009 - Reigart hits the road with Andover Heavy Hauler
- 13/08/2009 - Andover Trailers ace sports construction specialist
- 07/08/2009 - Andovers' sweet sixteen Drawbar for Tripod Crest
- 22/07/2009 - Osmonds 'brake' milestone record with Andover